Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1391 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Girls....cake server sets? Do they really matter? 

In my opinion no, I don't remember what any of my friends have ever cut their cakes with but if you ask my mother yes and that is why she is buying it. I also don't care about the toasting flutes like she does, maybe I'm strange but it's just not that important to me. 

#1392 hclibby1982

hclibby1982
    • 274 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by shugapop1 

While I'm not paying for all my guest. Since my bridal party is paying cost to attend. I am paying for their dresses as well as shoes and accessories

I think that is really nice!!!

I wish I could've done that but my wedding party is much bigger than I planned. I had to include two people from my FI side in my wedding party and he wanted like a zillion groomsmen. I swear half my DW will be in my wedding party! I often feel guilty I'm not paying for more, maybe I'll win the lottery and can get them a REALLY great gift

#1393 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
      • 599 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:41 AM

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 

I like it..unique idea.. when is your shower?

Well, I just got my date (about to sign my contract) so I haven't scheduled that just yet! LOL My godmother is throwing me the shower back at home.  Do you think it would be wrong to have more than one shower?

#1394 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
        • 599 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:45 AM

Don't feel that you have to buy any special wedding cake server sets if you don't really want them.  It's yet another thing the WIC tries to convince us that we *need*.  I'm planning to use the cake server set provided by my venue.  If you feel like you need to dress things up, maybe you could wrap the handles of the resort cake servers with ribbon or something?

#1395 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
          • 599 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by hclibby1982 

In my opinion no, I don't remember what any of my friends have ever cut their cakes with but if you ask my mother yes and that is why she is buying it. I also don't care about the toasting flutes like she does, maybe I'm strange but it's just not that important to me. 

Then we're both strange together, because I don't care about either one either! Then again, I don't drink alcohol! LOL

#1396 curlygirlnpearl

curlygirlnpearl
            • 52 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:15 AM

I wanted to update you girls.

I have chosen the bridesmaids dresses!

https://www.etsy.com...hop_home_active

Except the girls will be in the maxi dress version of this.

and my sister, the MOH will be in the gray dress... here's the color

https://www.etsy.com...hop_home_active

I'm looking at the same dress for my bridesmaids but in mint or teal. Have you gotten one yet? If so, how's the fabric? You are such an inspiration bc you are SO on top of things! I'm getting there now and my FI is bracing himself for full planning mode!

#1397 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
              • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:16 AM

is it standard to organize an outing and pay for guests? I'm not having a wedding party either ... a catamaran cruise sounds fun

I don't believe it's standard practice to pay gor guests. ButI have heard of it being done by those who could afford to do so

#1398 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:22 AM

no engagement party. and i'm pretty sure my sisters and friends will throw a bridal shower and bachelorette party. The bachelorette party will be more like a spa day or wine tasting at a vineyard as opposed to going out clubbing though ...

Spa day sounds nice

#1399 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                  • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:24 AM

I know most people don't have access to the prices on Canal Street in NYC, but if you can get to craft fairs and festivals, most of the vendors there should have pashminas for around $5 each. Also, some dollar stores that sell clothing have them for that price. I've got about 20 that I've bought for myself over the last 2 years and I didn't pay over $7 for any of them. :-)

Good to know..thanks

#1400 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
                    • 1,088 posts

Posted 16 July 2013 - 11:29 AM

In my opinion I don't think so..guess nice to have but not necessity..I've seen some really nice ones though

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users