Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1281 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
  • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:04 AM

Mmmm  thats too bad - how far is your sister's from most people? Dads are wonderful like that HAHa

She's an hour from me so between hour to two hours from guests :-(

#1282 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
    • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:06 AM

Hahaha goodness I shoulda caught that

#1283 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
      • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:08 AM

Cute hahaha

AI is the best way to go.. I was thinking about putting a note on the tumblers or something that says - "the drinks are on us, so drink up" HAHa

#1284 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
        • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:12 AM

These are really nice

Okay I just typed a really long reply below, sorry- hahah - to simply answer your question http://cgi.ebay.com/...E:X:RTQ:US:1123 Hey - These were something I had on my maybe list to add - I wasn't really sure if they were worth it - how cold does it really get in St. Lucia.. right?   So I ended up seeing these ones on Ebay - they are 1.85 each and shipping is listed as 3.19 each.  so that made them only 5.04 each... Sounded like a good enough deal to make me say why not.   I had reservations about them being so inexpensive.. would they be cheap?  So as a "why not" effort I emailed the seller and asked if they would do a discount on the item and/or shipping if I were to by 12. The total for just the scarfs would have been 22 and just the shipping would have been 38 totaling - 60... they replied and said they would sell me 12 for 35 bucks (2.90 each WHAT?!?) - So of course I jumped on it.  That was like paying shipping and getting them for free (I LOVE FREE) hehe They came from china or something like that but I got them pretty fast. My WFT moment that I had when I first opened them were - the yellow was a bit darker then I thought it would be (or thought I had remembered it from the pics), there are flowers on them - that I thought were gray with a little purple.. there really isn't any gray at all.. just lots more purple, in different shades then I thought there would be, and finally they are much thinner then what I think of when I think pashmina. My feelings now are - the yellow is nice (it was just not what I remembered) - I like the purple flowers (The gray was the one thing that made me not sure if I wanted to get them in the first place) - Even though they are thinner then a "pashmina" they might actually be better for St. Lucia since I doubt a think scarf would be necessary there - and they are for sure something the girls can use in everyday wear.   Oh - and they are a really good size!  What are the ones you found on Etsy? I feel like you can do better then 10 bucks each!

#1285 tyrebride2b2013

tyrebride2b2013
          • 1,088 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:15 AM

Great jobyou did these fast. I feel so behind.

Posted Imageso here's the bag! only 23 more to go! good job on the pashminas Rayn, I was. thinking of doing sarongs for the bridal party. since I'm on my phone, I can't remember who asked where the tumblers are. from. they're from the dollar tree

#1286 shugapop1

shugapop1
            • 868 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 08:32 AM

I am using a travel agent. I see we are both in Atlanta. I am getting  married june 7,2014 at sandials, whitehouse in whitehouse jamaica

#1287 shugapop1

shugapop1
              • 868 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:03 AM

hi, I am getting married June 7,2014 at sandals whitehouse, in whitehou se Jamaica. I just sent out my save the dates and I am doing the passport invitations with boarding pass rsvp

#1288 shugapop1

shugapop1
                • 868 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:10 AM

I wish that my father was alive to walk me down the aisle. since he's not, I've found for my something blue a blue locket and i'm putting his picture in It and attaching it to my bracelet. I started sending out std this week. my wedding is june 7.2014 at sandals whitehouse, in whitehouse, jamaica

#1289 shugapop1

shugapop1
                  • 868 posts

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:20 AM

oriental trading has a very great peacock themed section with those colors. very,very reasonable. everything you can imagine and need are availale. I promise

#1290 Jennypert

Jennypert
                    • Site Supporter
                    • 225 posts
                    • Wedding Date:June 6, 2014
                    • Wedding Location:Azul Sensatori
                    • LocationChicago suburbs

Posted 13 July 2013 - 09:32 AM

These are really nice

http://www.etsy.com/...na?ref=col_view Here's the link to the ones I saw on Etsy. They list at $13.50 but the owner is giving me a discount since I need at least 24. I just did another search on Etsy and the cheapest I saw were $9. I'm going to wait at least a couple of months before ordering. I may end up with more guests since I haven't gotten an RSVP from some people. I don't want to buy too early and end up with either not enough or too many.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users