Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?


  • Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1141 MissJali

MissJali
  • Member
  • 935 posts

    Posted 10 July 2013 - 01:50 PM

    I'm adding Tumblers to my bags. I bought them from the Dollar Tree and had them delivered to my house and I'm going to put waterproof labels with our logo on them. Here's the logo I'm putting on my welcome bags.

    Not my design, found it on google...but the FI "loves" it and he hasn't said he's "loved" anything about my ideas yet LOL



    #1142 RaynDrop

    RaynDrop
    • Community Manager
    • 1,277 posts

      Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:02 PM

      Okay - so I just went threw all of the stuff that I have purchased so far for my welcome bags.  There were actually things that I forgot I had HAHA - I then put the stuff in both of the bags to see how it all fit so far.   The smaller bag - I was able to >fit< everything in... it was kind of tight but it fit.  The larger bag everything fit fine.  

       

      The items that takes up the most room are the sun hats.  I just came up with a cute idea that might work. . . 

       

      I am hoping to meet everyone in the lobby as they arrive (depending on how spread out this ends up being).  If I do this then I can leave the hats out of the  bags and just put them on Everyone's heads as we greet them.  (kind of like a lei if we were going to Hawaii) 

       

      Or

       

      The resort will be putting the bags in everyone's room for me.  I can still keep the hats not in the bag and just have them lay them next to the bag. 

       

      In playing with the bags I realized that the smaller bags might be better for the beach anyways (I assume (hope) everyone will be using them while in St. Lucia as beach bags).  They have an almost plastic coating on them that will probably be easier to whip the sand off.  

       

      Thanks for helping me through this Ladies : )


      xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

      #1143 RaynDrop

      RaynDrop
      • Community Manager
      • 1,277 posts

        Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:10 PM

        Originally Posted by MissJali 

        I'm adding Tumblers to my bags. I bought them from the Dollar Tree and had them delivered to my house and I'm going to put waterproof labels with our logo on them. Here's the logo I'm putting on my welcome bags.

        Not my design, found it on google...but the FI "loves" it and he hasn't said he's "loved" anything about my ideas yet LOL

         

        Cute!!!  What color are the bags you are using?

         

        I had a similar thing with my FI about our STDs.   When my original idea didn't work out because the item I needed for them was discontinued (even though 4 websites let me place and order even though they didn't have them in stock *arg*) I kept mentioning other ideas to him or sending him pics of things I could use - he finally said "cute" to something so I jumped right one it! hhaha


        xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

        #1144 RaynDrop

        RaynDrop
        • Community Manager
        • 1,277 posts

          Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:29 PM

          Originally Posted by MissJali 

          I'm adding Tumblers to my bags. I bought them from the Dollar Tree and had them delivered to my house and I'm going to put waterproof labels with our logo on them. Here's the logo I'm putting on my welcome bags.

           

           

          P.S.   Which tumblers did you get?  I have been debating getting some.  Are you using the same log on these as on your bags?    


          xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

          #1145 Joyous55

          Joyous55
          • Newbie
          • 26 posts

            Posted 10 July 2013 - 02:46 PM

            RaynDrop,

             

            How are you transporting your gift bags?



            #1146 RaynDrop

            RaynDrop
            • Community Manager
            • 1,277 posts

              Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:57 PM

              Originally Posted by Joyous55 

              RaynDrop,

               

              How are you transporting your gift bags?

               

              I don't plan on bringing any clothes so it will all fit in my luggage ; )  hehehe

               

              Seriously, I am just going to have check an extra bag (or two).  I'm just going to have to be a nifty packer to make it all fit in as little space as possible.


              xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

              #1147 MissJali

              MissJali
              • Member
              • 935 posts

                Posted 10 July 2013 - 03:59 PM

                Originally Posted by RaynDrop 

                 

                P.S.   Which tumblers did you get?  I have been debating getting some.  Are you using the same log on these as on your bags?    


                Hmm I didn't think of that!!! Here they are:

                http://www.dollartre...29779/index.pro

                They come in assorted colors but for $1.00 each, I don't care!!!

                 

                My bags are purple.



                #1148 RaynDrop

                RaynDrop
                • Community Manager
                • 1,277 posts

                  Posted 10 July 2013 - 04:25 PM

                  Originally Posted by MissJali 


                  Hmm I didn't think of that!!! Here they are:

                  http://www.dollartre...29779/index.pro

                  They come in assorted colors but for $1.00 each, I don't care!!!

                   

                  My bags are purple.

                  Oh - those are the ones I saw at the store... I was so tempted, but didn't get them!  I would probably do more then one color if I get them so that is perfect!  My concern with them is they are bulky - how many do you have to bring to your location?

                   

                  That logo is so colorful it would work on the cups...  It is going to look really good on purple bags!


                  xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo

                  #1149 MissJali

                  MissJali
                  • Member
                  • 935 posts

                    Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:04 PM

                    im thinking I'll have to bring about 50 but I'll just stack them in someone's suitcase lol. I think it's a cool idea to put that logo but I'll have to ask the fi, he's had enough wedding talk today. the tumblers were a no brainer for me as I had one keep my drink cold for 2 hours under the sun in Miami! I personally didnt want the travel mugs bc I just feel weird about drinking alcohol from them. Lol

                    #1150 RaynDrop

                    RaynDrop
                    • Community Manager
                    • 1,277 posts

                      Posted 10 July 2013 - 05:14 PM

                      Originally Posted by MissJali 

                      im thinking I'll have to bring about 50 but I'll just stack them in someone's suitcase lol. I think it's a cool idea to put that logo but I'll have to ask the fi, he's had enough wedding talk today. the tumblers were a no brainer for me as I had one keep my drink cold for 2 hours under the sun in Miami! I personally didnt want the travel mugs bc I just feel weird about drinking alcohol from them. Lol

                       

                      Oh wow that is pretty good to know!   Using other peoples luggage... gooooood trick!  


                      xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxo




                      0 user(s) are reading this topic

                      0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users