Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

• Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#1001 MissJali

MissJali
  • 935 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:24 AM

Jessica, who was your travel agent?

#1002 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
    • 270 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 09:29 AM

Originally Posted by MissJali 

Jessica, who was your travel agent?

First it was Emily. She was great! I was happy with her because she was on top of her things and very quick to answer all my questions. But she left :( and she told me that Simone would be taking care of me now. Now I guess she is gone too but I was never told! I called her today and the phone isn't even in service! I am so upset. 

#1003 ma329

ma329
      • 32 posts
      • Wedding Date:December 13, 2014
      • Wedding Location:Sint Maarten

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:05 AM

Yes, thank you. Very reassuring. I can not believe your friend she Is being very selfish and not supportive at all. I am so sorry you lodt a friend. I never realized how much conflict weddings could cause until I started planning one. It is supposed to be a joyous celebration. Your right don't let it affect YOUR day!

So true, weddings bring on a lot of unexpected surprises. But it is OUR day and our future husband's so we cannot let others ruin it.

#1004 MissJali

MissJali
      • 935 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa 

First it was Emily. She was great! I was happy with her because she was on top of her things and very quick to answer all my questions. But she left :( and she told me that Simone would be taking care of me now. Now I guess she is gone too but I was never told! I called her today and the phone isn't even in service! I am so upset. 

Did you call the main office?? I was using Kelly but then decided against putting down for room deposits and went with Patty from Wright Travel.

#1005 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
        • 270 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:37 AM

Quote:

Did you call the main office?? I was using Kelly but then decided against putting down for room deposits and went with Patty from Wright Travel.

They e-mailed me with a new person, Dani. I think she is the lead of the group. hmmm why did you decide going with wright travel?

#1006 ma329

ma329
          • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 11:38 AM

I agree. I want to finish my binder to feel better organized myself

I need to do this too because I feel so overwhelmed with everything. Good luck!

First thing I did was create a separate email for any and all wedding things. I am using Pinterest for a lot of link storage too.

I also created a separate email, but even that gets flooded. I also use pinterest but would love to find a way to fully organize that as well.

Good idea. I loveee Pinterest-- so much inspiration on there! I think the issue I am having is I'm half doing things on paper and half doing things electronically. I need to commit! 

This is my same exact problem! I have emails, ripped up magazine articles, emails electronic pictures lol. It never ends!

#1007 MissJali

MissJali
          • 935 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:00 PM

They e-mailed me with a new person, Dani. I think she is the lead of the group. hmmm why did you decide going with wright travel?

Honestly I didn't want to be on the hook with the rooms even tho Apple returns the money back. Also I was noticing that the prices I was getting from various travel agencies is way higher than if people booked alone and I was having heart attacks at the prices. So i figured most people would book wherever they can since they are notorious travelers anyway.

#1008 ma329

ma329
            • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 12:35 PM

That awkward moment where you dropped all of your invitations in the mailbox and your rsvp date is november 15 and you're thinking "now what do i do?" Yes girls...im there. Now what do i work on???

Congrats! Now you can relax a little bit and maybe begin to think about decorations? Favors? Oot bags? Depends what you are having, but definitely you can take a break!

#1009 ma329

ma329
            • 32 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:22 PM

I actually already have my dress!! LOL I started extremely. early and have the tote bags for the oot bags but I. ordered the supplies to make the bridal party tanks and my bridal bikini (figure I have.8 months to get in tip top shape). I designed the ceremony programs this evening and just have to upload to Vista print when I'm ready. I think ill start on the centerpiece supplies next

Clearly I'm behind on reading and replying on this board, when I replied to you earlier I didn't realize how way ahead you are in the planning game. I'm so happy for you and envious, I feel so overwhelmed already and I have barely begun planning the details!

Speaking of Pinterest...I haven't made my wedding boards public, as I am planning to surprise many of my friends with announcement! ;)  However, if any of my BDW buddies want to be added to my boards, feel free to send me your email/name on Pinterest, and I will send you an invite!

Can you invite me please! My Pinterest name is margie8721 and email is margie8721@gmail.com. Thanks!

#1010 Jessica Correa

Jessica Correa
            • 270 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 01:36 PM

Quote:

Honestly I didn't want to be on the hook with the rooms even tho Apple returns the money back. Also I was noticing that the prices I was getting from various travel agencies is way higher than if people booked alone and I was having heart attacks at the prices. So i figured most people would book wherever they can since they are notorious travelers anyway.

really? hmm that's good to know. i am going to look around too then. i don't want my guest to get charged more than they should. Thank you so much!

Back to Newbies!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users