Jump to content

Photo

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?


  • Please log in to reply
5676 replies to this topic

#91 MissJali

MissJali
  • Member
  • 935 posts

    Posted 26 December 2012 - 11:07 AM

    Im a 2014 bride also, march 8, 2014! Iwill be sending the STDs out in jan. I already took advantage and got my postcards for the rsvps for the invites and our website is up. I also feel a little crazy for planning so far ahead and buying things but i am sure i will get a better deal on things since im so ahead of the game.

    #92 Cherina

    Cherina
    • Banned
    • 636 posts

      Posted 26 December 2012 - 12:56 PM

      MissJali you shouldn't feel bad it is not that far away, preparedness equates to less stress. Can you plan a wedding faster? YES will it be a overly pleasant experience? PROBABLY NOT SO MUCH. Happy planning, and have fun.

      2.14.14 I can not wait to marry my very best friend ... Again!


      #93 ktdawson

      ktdawson
      • Newbie
      • 45 posts

        Posted 26 December 2012 - 01:54 PM

        Originally Posted by Cherina 

        MissJali you shouldn't feel bad it is not that far away, preparedness equates to less stress. Can you plan a wedding faster? YES will it be a overly pleasant experience? PROBABLY NOT SO MUCH. Happy planning, and have fun.


        Definitely agree with Cherina planning early will be less stressful in the end. Congratulations ladies. I am so excited for everyone.



        #94 Kpounder

        Kpounder
        • Newbie
        • 13 posts

          Posted 28 December 2012 - 08:47 PM

          Yay! I'm so glad I found this thread! My fianc© and i have been engaged for 10 months, and are planning a destination wedding April 2014:) Can't wait! We are choosing between Punta Cana and Mayan Riviera/Cancun. The only thing we have decided is the time of year and a couple different destinations... Any ideas or advice would be great! Also, thinking luggage tags for STDs:) Thanks 2014 brides! We want to choose the destination/resort by march and that's when we will send STDs, and invitations August??

          #95 LoriGran

          LoriGran
          • Jr. Member
          • 339 posts
          • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
          • LocationMexico

          Posted 28 December 2012 - 10:07 PM

          Hello ladies!!! I'm Lorraine and have been engaged for 6 months now. I thought I was planning way too early until I found this thread, now I feel like I am way behind. :D So far my fianc© and I have decided on getting married in Cancun, Mexico sometime July 2014. I have already been in contact with a TA from Wright Travel Agency. Her name is Wendy and so far has been awesome with providing information and getting back to me quick. It looks like the resort I have set eyes on is The Gran Caribe Real in Cancun. Their oceanfront chapel is what really sold me. Has anyone ever been to this resort what are your thoughts? I'm planning a site visit sometime in June or July 2013. Until then I'm trying to figure out what would be the next step. Thoughts/ ideas?? Happy planning everyone and looking forward to getting lots of ideas from you all !!!! -Lorraine

          #96 ktdawson

          ktdawson
          • Newbie
          • 45 posts

            Posted 29 December 2012 - 05:24 PM

            Originally Posted by Lori Granados 

            Hello ladies!!!
            I'm Lorraine and have been engaged for 6 months now. I thought I was planning way too early until I found this thread, now I feel like I am way behind. So far my fianc© and I have decided on getting married in Cancun, Mexico sometime July 2014. I have already been in contact with a TA from Wright Travel Agency. Her name is Wendy and so far has been awesome with providing information and getting back to me quick. It looks like the resort I have set eyes on is The Gran Caribe Real in Cancun. Their oceanfront chapel is what really sold me. Has anyone ever been to this resort what are your thoughts? I'm planning a site visit sometime in June or July 2013. Until then I'm trying to figure out what would be the next step. Thoughts/ ideas??
            Happy planning everyone and looking forward to getting lots of ideas from you all !!!!
            -Lorraine


            lol I am still trying to figure it out. Just when I thought I was planning too early I found this site and felt just like you like I was way behind. Because our TA is giving everyone a year to pay on it we went ahead and sent STD's out. My TA is budget friendly so she tells me ways to cut my budget in half. So far we have confirmed our wedding date, booked me and my ladies make up artist, are working on the menu for the reception, passports will come next month, We have narrowed down photographers and cinematography (which I highly suggest if they offer it where you choose to have your wedding) and I will start shopping for my dress March 2, 2013 oh and started talking to the florist about our flower arrangement. That's a lot but a lot more still to come. What I did was I actually asked on another thread and one of the ladies had a planning thread that she said I could use. So i printed it and it is helping me out a lot. I have not followed it to the tee but it has helped tremendously. Here is the link that she posted in that thread. : http://www.bestdesti...10#post_1807333.  

             

            It is a God send! Good luck on your planning and sorry I can't help with the resort reviews. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck with your planning.



            #97 LoriGran

            LoriGran
            • Jr. Member
            • 339 posts
            • Wedding Date:July 25, 2014
            • Wedding Location:Rivera Maya
            • LocationMexico

            Posted 29 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

            Ktdawson, Thanks so much for the info. I did look at that thread and you are right that timeline is awesome!! It just sucks for me because my FI and I pretty much have everything mapped out from color scheme to bridal party to what package we want but I don't want to purchase anything or set anything in stone until I go on a site visit this summer :( Congrats and good luck to you too!! :)

            #98 mairelys

            mairelys
            • Newbie
            • 117 posts

              Posted 01 January 2013 - 10:36 AM

              OOo luaggage tags is a cute idea! Love it!



              #99 JennyAdele

              JennyAdele
              • Jr. Member
              • 150 posts
              • Wedding Date:July 2, 2014
              • Wedding Location:Paradisus Punta Cana
              • LocationDominican

              Posted 01 January 2013 - 09:21 PM

              Thank for sharing that link to the timeline!! That is the best one I've come across so far :) Appreciated!!

               

              Jenn

               

              Originally Posted by ktdawson 


              lol I am still trying to figure it out. Just when I thought I was planning too early I found this site and felt just like you like I was way behind. Because our TA is giving everyone a year to pay on it we went ahead and sent STD's out. My TA is budget friendly so she tells me ways to cut my budget in half. So far we have confirmed our wedding date, booked me and my ladies make up artist, are working on the menu for the reception, passports will come next month, We have narrowed down photographers and cinematography (which I highly suggest if they offer it where you choose to have your wedding) and I will start shopping for my dress March 2, 2013 oh and started talking to the florist about our flower arrangement. That's a lot but a lot more still to come. What I did was I actually asked on another thread and one of the ladies had a planning thread that she said I could use. So i printed it and it is helping me out a lot. I have not followed it to the tee but it has helped tremendously. Here is the link that she posted in that thread. : http://www.bestdesti...10#post_1807333.  

               

              It is a God send! Good luck on your planning and sorry I can't help with the resort reviews. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck with your planning.



              #100 ornxoxo

              ornxoxo
              • Jr. Member
              • 177 posts

                Posted 02 January 2013 - 01:24 PM

                Originally Posted by ktdawson 


                lol I am still trying to figure it out. Just when I thought I was planning too early I found this site and felt just like you like I was way behind. Because our TA is giving everyone a year to pay on it we went ahead and sent STD's out. My TA is budget friendly so she tells me ways to cut my budget in half. So far we have confirmed our wedding date, booked me and my ladies make up artist, are working on the menu for the reception, passports will come next month, We have narrowed down photographers and cinematography (which I highly suggest if they offer it where you choose to have your wedding) and I will start shopping for my dress March 2, 2013 oh and started talking to the florist about our flower arrangement. That's a lot but a lot more still to come. What I did was I actually asked on another thread and one of the ladies had a planning thread that she said I could use. So i printed it and it is helping me out a lot. I have not followed it to the tee but it has helped tremendously. Here is the link that she posted in that thread. : http://www.bestdesti...10#post_1807333.  

                 

                It is a God send! Good luck on your planning and sorry I can't help with the resort reviews. Congratulations on your wedding and good luck with your planning.

                 

                That timeline is a gem!






                0 user(s) are reading this topic

                0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users