Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Ladies: I truly appreciate your support.  It means a lot!  Basically, the story is this: I had a date on hold (via my planner), but the Grand Coral Beach Club (GC) was not allowing brides to book until they came out with the new menus.  Unfortunately, with the new menus came a new $2000 site fee.  Given that it's about $4000 to rent the entire place out, I think this is absolutely ludicrous, as I'm using their food and staff.  My planner was very surprised about the whole thing, as this fee seemed to come out of nowhere.  I have a feeling that GC may lose some business over this whole thing. FH tried to make some suggestions about having the wedding elsewhere, but there is no way that I'm having the wedding where we live or in my hometown.  FL would mean that his parents would try to invite all of their friends, as would having it on certain Caribbean islands. No thank you! I'm just going to trust my planner to do what she does best.
Sorry for empty quote hit reply too soon. Crazy to have to pay extra site fee in addition to already using their staff and food. Has to be extremely stressful. Especially since this is what you want. I hope your wc can figure something out.

Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

So torn about the OOT bags. I loooove the idea of handing them out as a welcome gift but then the fiancé shot down the idea. He says it will be too much to give to each guest and I should only give bags to the bridal party. Then looking thru the OOT bag threads they do seem to get a bit pricey. Anyone handing out to bridal party only?

Lori,

I ordered bags from discountmugs. I think for 25 bags I paid about $28 with the shipping. Depending on the resort you're staying at, you dont need to include things like lotion, etc. My resort provides sewing kits, soap, lotion, snacks etc. So I'm only doing the bags with the acrylic tumblers that I will be getting from Dollar Tree for $1 each (cheapest I've seen) and some lipbalm from bulkapothecary.com. I might go as far as putting some tylenol in there also but I'm not going crazy on that end. The bridal party tho...I've gone crazy and we haven't even picked out dresses yet! LOL

Lori, I ordered bags from discountmugs. I think for 25 bags I paid about $28 with the shipping. Depending on the resort you're staying at, you dont need to include things like lotion, etc. My resort provides sewing kits, soap, lotion, snacks etc. So I'm only doing the bags with the acrylic tumblers that I will be getting from Dollar Tree for $1 each (cheapest I've seen) and some lipbalm from bulkapothecary.com. I might go as far as putting some tylenol in there also but I'm not going crazy on that end. The bridal party tho...I've gone crazy and we haven't even picked out dresses yet! LOL
I was just searching them last nite. Got their name from another bride.their were so many I didn't no which to order. Which did you choose?

Tyrebride

I chose these  http://www.discountmugs.com/product/tot90-non-woven-printed-shopper-tote-bags/

I really liked the quality for the price. It's very spacious inside actually and I figured people will be able to continue using them to carry groceries and stuff long after the wedding. for .80 each you can't go wrong. I want to do the iron on transfer thing and put something like "Punta Cana, DR" so it's also a souvenir

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

Sorry for empty quote hit reply too soon. Crazy to have to pay extra site fee in addition to already using their staff and food. Has to be extremely stressful. Especially since this is what you want. I hope your wc can figure something out.

Thanks so much.  If I'm honest, the stress is really starting to hit me this morning (delayed reaction?) LOL

Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

Hey All : )

Just wanted to jump in and say hello - this thread seems to be active and I would love to make some connections!

I enjoy reading up on what others are doing and hope to share some of my planning as well!

As of right now I'm going to be a St. Lucia Bride in October 2014.  I haven't booked anything yet - but I've been planning for months and can't think of a reason why I would change my mind at this point.

Hopefully I will have time to book everything this weekend.  Kind of makes it real!!  hahehe Yay

This board became very active while I was in Vegas for a bachelorette party!  Congrats and welcome.

St. Lucia is really pretty! We looked into having it there but there were only a few flight options to get there and a few coming home (unless people wanted to spend 1200+ on flight alone then there were more options). I worried the flights would fill up and it'd just be us there.  

One thing I will say about St. Lucia, just so you're aware, is that people beg there more than any other place I've been to (and I've been to almost every island in the Caribbean and most of Central America).  The resorts and island are GORGEOUS but I wish someone had told me so I knew what to expect. My FI was snorkeling and a guy tapped him on his back asking him to buy something or give him money, true story!  You're sheltered from it more in the resorts but I like to give people a heads up because it totally took me by surprise. I also went shortly after they were hit by a hurricane so it could've been just that people were in a worse place than usual too.

Hey Y'all this board has boomed lately to new brides WELCOME! I am Cherina my date is 2.14.14! I am pretty much done I have my dress, my venue, stds were out last year, invites went out in mid December. I booked my photographer in April and cinematographer this month, makeup artist is booked the cake is ordered, flowers are chosen and BM dresses are done. But I do have to figure our what the fellas are wearing, I think I am going with studio suits but the spouse is picky!!!! So I am starting to feel less stressed which is good because I have more time to focus on my brides!!!! Yes when I am not planningy wedding I am working on someone else's. I am in a wedding frenzy over here. But it's amazing. If I can do anything to help you with your travel or design let me know, it's what I do and if anyone needs anything give a shot out! This group of girls is amazing! Brownsugarbride have you talked to your TA? This happened to a client of mine somewhere else and she should be able to support you and back you up about the venue fee. Especially if it was not stated up front, if theu are non negitiable that would be a deal breaker for me (personally and professionally) because it displays lack if good faith and trust.

Originally Posted by STemple View Post

Hey ladies!

So my save the dates have arrived! Is it to early to send them out? I'm getting married October 23, 2014. I'm not planning on booking a group package until January or so.

Also what are your thought on travel dates. The flights for family/friends from uk are on Monday only, I would prefer everyone arrive the same day so I'd like to have the group rate from Canada go Monday-Monday aswell, however someone once said its unfair to ask guests to travel weekday-weekday as they have to take an extra day off. So should I go Sunday-Sunday from Canada (flights go 7 days a week so I have a choice) or have everyone arrive and leave the same day?

STemple - You are just a day after me! I'm October 22 in Puerto Vallarta. I am struggling right now too with save the dates and invites. I am going to send my save the dates in July or August (still working on designing them and need to get them printed, and I want to complete my website so its ready when they are sent...plus I need to finalize the invite list, which I'm finding is the WORST part!). I'm thinking that since those are going out over a year in advance, we will then do the invites in December with an RSVP deadline for March. I'm still so confused over whats too early, etc.,but hey, I'm a planner! lol

I do plan on having an informal "RSVP" section on the website, so that way if people know for sure one way or the other they can use that before the actual response cards are requested. Who knows if people will actually use that though or stick to what they say, so I am not depending on it by any means!

Tyrebride I chose these  http://www.discountmugs.com/product/tot90-non-woven-printed-shopper-tote-bags/ I really liked the quality for the price. It's very spacious inside actually and I figured people will be able to continue using them to carry groceries and stuff long after the wedding. for .80 each you can't go wrong. I want to do the iron on transfer thing and put something like "Punta Cana, DR" so it's also a souvenir
Thanks MissJali, Yes, that will be a great souvenir I was thinking the same wanted to put our monogram on our bags for keepsake..
Thanks so much.  If I'm honest, the stress is really starting to hit me this morning (delayed reaction?) LOL
It should be this is quite a blow. $2000 extra is a huge burden on the budget. But, don't let it deter you continue to be happy in your planning! I am sure everything will turn out just fine and you will have the day you want!!! :D