beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Wohooo -- it is all coming together for you!!

Whee I'm excited! It's been kind of a whirlwind past couple of weeks. Tried on dresses with a friend too kinda spontaneously so now I have an idea of what I want too. I feel like now that I'm engaged I'm allowed to trek ahead full steam lol

How's your planning going?

I thought that I had plenty of time and I was going to wait til after the holidays but now I feel like Im packed with wedding stuff! It's fun though, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

Whee I'm excited! It's been kind of a whirlwind past couple of weeks. Tried on dresses with a friend too kinda spontaneously so now I have an idea of what I want too. I feel like now that I'm engaged I'm allowed to trek ahead full steam lol

How's your planning going?

Its going!  I spent last year brainstorming and buying - now I am trying to focus on executing some of my plans.   Been getting projects part done this weekend.   Finding I don't have all the supplies I need to finish any of them LOL but at least I am getting things started!

So I forget -- do you have a date set?

I thought that I had plenty of time and I was going to wait til after the holidays but now I feel like Im packed with wedding stuff! It's fun though, but I don't want to get too far ahead of myself.

When and Where are you getting married??

Well good luck with your projects Rayn! I don't have any DIY projects planned yet. I think we will end up doing an AHR a month or so after we return so I'll likely DIY invites for that. When do people usually send out those, is it okay to send those out after you get married or should those be sent out further in advance (as long as OOT guests are made aware by word of mouth to make travel arrangements if they wish to attend)?

Shooting for 10/10 as our date...deposit put down for our photographer but waiting on a few details to fall into place with the resort but will likely finalize the date by the end of the week.

Well good luck with your projects Rayn! I don't have any DIY projects planned yet. I think we will end up doing an AHR a month or so after we return so I'll likely DIY invites for that. When do people usually send out those, is it okay to send those out after you get married or should those be sent out further in advance (as long as OOT guests are made aware by word of mouth to make travel arrangements if they wish to attend)?

Shooting for 10/10 as our date...deposit put down for our photographer but waiting on a few details to fall into place with the resort but will likely finalize the date by the end of the week.

Oh mine is 10/22 :)

For AHR I think you can go with a more traditional time frame for sending invites - which is six weeks.   If you have guest that you are considered with needing more time then I would consider Save the Dates.  Or if you don't want to do both I would say just send out invites when you think it is right.  I sent out my DW invites a twelve months prior - which seems to be further out then a lot of girls do.

I would do a Save The Date instead of an invitation that early! I am going to send out my invitations of my 6.18.14 wedding in February. I sent out save the dates in October and most of the reserved trips with the travel agent were taken by early December! We have around 80 people booked!

Hi all! It's been nuts on my end. Our wedding is at the end of April, but we're still sending out a few invites (stds were sent months ago). We have NO idea how many people are coming, which affects our budget mightily. My wedding planner is great, but I have no idea how we will pull this event off!

• Like 1

Hi All! We are heading to St Thomas on May 3-11 & staying at the Marriott. Our ceremony will take place on St John on Trunk Bay, while our reception dinner will take place back in St Thomas. The logistics of this completely concerned me.

I am just getting the major planning things accomplished right now. We just chose to have our dinner after the ceremony at Havana Blue in St Thomas. The great part is they have their own wedding planner through the restaurant. 

We are using one planner for our ceremony and one for our dinner. Getting very excited!

Hi All! We are heading to St Thomas on May 3-11 & staying at the Marriott. Our ceremony will take place on St John on Trunk Bay, while our reception dinner will take place back in St Thomas. The logistics of this completely concerned me.

I am just getting the major planning things accomplished right now. We just chose to have our dinner after the ceremony at Havana Blue in St Thomas. The great part is they have their own wedding planner through the restaurant. 

We are using one planner for our ceremony and one for our dinner. Getting very excited!

Ohhh that all sounds amazing!!!