Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

My personality is driving me to seek it too! I figure that I have enough time to do a decent amount of DIY projects. Well, let me reword that. I will TRY to prioritize my DIY list by making the items that would save me the most money. cool.gif

The trick with the drinks is not to drink too much. Could you just imagine having a drink or two so you would be less stressed while working on your DIY project...then end up watching TV or something? lol. 

 

Yeah...after a certain point, you have to turn the dial down a little. But, to me, it's a mix between I have enough time and I want to do everything now because I'm so excited. lol. Is that normal? confused.gif

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

Very very elusive, but my personality is driving me to seek it anyway..lol.  I'm trying to avoid to many DIY projects because I know i'll be completely insane if I do.  But having a few drinks while working is definitely a good plan to stay relaxed while working on those things!  I like it!!!

 

I think once everything is in progress then you have no choice but to relax but it's getting to that final destination point before you can actually do so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I saw your post, it made me smile. There are so many animated characters. lol. Your comment is like a party msnparty.gif haha

I actually started a thread about the creating a customized wedding binder. You should check it out! Here is the link: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/86044/creating-a-customized-wedding-binder#post_1899786

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

You are definitely off to a great start...I need to play catch up..lol.  But you are right though...we have definitely at least taken the first step in having everything in one place.  I'll dance to that too! elefant.gifand one day soon we'll be jumping for joy pinkie.gifwhen it's all finalized and we're on the other side woot.gif.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CAKnight View Post

 

My personality is driving me to seek it too! I figure that I have enough time to do a decent amount of DIY projects. Well, let me reword that. I will TRY to prioritize my DIY list by making the items that would save me the most money. cool.gif

The trick with the drinks is not to drink too much. Could you just imagine having a drink or two so you would be less stressed while working on your DIY project...then end up watching TV or something? lol. 

 

Yeah...after a certain point, you have to turn the dial down a little. But, to me, it's a mix between I have enough time and I want to do everything now because I'm so excited. lol. Is that normal? confused.gif

My job takes up way too much of my time so between that and school, I think it wiser for me to not try to do too much DIY or I will probably crash and burn...and I can't allow that to happen.  But I do agree for things that you can do yourself and save money that would be great if time allows for that. 

 

And yes, I can imagine having a drink or two then end up watching TV because I have done this recently..HAHAHA!

 

Yes, you're normal.  But having time is a huge benefit so if you have it, definitely use it to your advantage. 

 

Technically, I have some time right now, but I just finished a home renovation project so i'm still cleaning/reorganizing my house and that has taken ALL of my energy so I need a while to finish this craziness up THEN get back to wedding projects.  It's all too much wacko.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by CAKnight View Post

 

When I saw your post, it made me smile. There are so many animated characters. lol. Your comment is like a party msnparty.gif haha

I actually started a thread about the creating a customized wedding binder. You should check it out! Here is the link: http://www.bestdestinationwedding.com/t/86044/creating-a-customized-wedding-binder#post_1899786

The funny part is the character really demonstrate how I feel...lol.  I'm going to be so happy when everything is finalized, paid for, and i'm at the destination ready to walk down the aisle!

 

I'm going to check that thread out now.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah...it's all about learning to balance things properly. Recently, I've had to bribe myself. I can work on wedding stuff after I do x, y and z. So far, I've been more productive lately. lol 

 

Haha it's funny how you ended with a drink and the TV. Talk about a real life example! lol

 

Congrats on your home renovation! cheers.gif

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

My job takes up way too much of my time so between that and school, I think it wiser for me to not try to do too much DIY or I will probably crash and burn...and I can't allow that to happen.  But I do agree for things that you can do yourself and save money that would be great if time allows for that. 

 

And yes, I can imagine having a drink or two then end up watching TV because I have done this recently..HAHAHA!

 

Yes, you're normal.  But having time is a huge benefit so if you have it, definitely use it to your advantage. 

 

Technically, I have some time right now, but I just finished a home renovation project so i'm still cleaning/reorganizing my house and that has taken ALL of my energy so I need a while to finish this craziness up THEN get back to wedding projects.  It's all too much wacko.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Walking down the aisle...and the lovely vacation to follow! So, excited I can't wait! pinkie.gif

Originally Posted by jandl2013 View Post

The funny part is the character really demonstrate how I feel...lol.  I'm going to be so happy when everything is finalized, paid for, and i'm at the destination ready to walk down the aisle!

 

I'm going to check that thread out now.  Thanks

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have any of your ladies thought about doing DIY centerpieces? Or thought of OOT bags and favors?! I just keep looking b/c I know there's restrictions going into other countries and I really don't want to ship stuff and it doesn't get there

 

Cindy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi Girls!!! I've been MIA as school is starting to interfere with my life!!! But on a good note, just wanted to update you girls and let you know I leave on Saturday for my site visit!!!! I will keep you girls updated!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by moodyc82 View Post

 

Have any of your ladies thought about doing DIY centerpieces? Or thought of OOT bags and favors?! I just keep looking b/c I know there's restrictions going into other countries and I really don't want to ship stuff and it doesn't get there

 

Cindy

I think im doing a ton of DIY projects including centerpieces (my resort charges an arm and a leg) and OOT bags. Since you're also getting married in Punta Cana, what a lot of brides have done is, just pack an extra suitcase with their DIY, decorations, etc and pay the extra fee. That way no stress and you know it won't get lost!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

I think im doing a ton of DIY projects including centerpieces (my resort charges an arm and a leg) and OOT bags. Since you're also getting married in Punta Cana, what a lot of brides have done is, just pack an extra suitcase with their DIY, decorations, etc and pay the extra fee. That way no stress and you know it won't get lost!

 

That's what I was thinking, just one girl had made a comment about customs in Jamacia only let you take in $300 per person of stuff and than they taxed you and the poor girl had to leave all of her stuff including her dress. I'd absolutely die if this happened. I'll have to stalk the internet about all this lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×