Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

General question for those of you still here...we are thinking of going from small DW to just private elopement. Do you think it would still be possible to plan for an elopement maybe April to May of 2014?  Just trying to get a gauge of this is a realistic timeline or not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandahugs View Post
 

General question for those of you still here...we are thinking of going from small DW to just private elopement. Do you think it would still be possible to plan for an elopement maybe April to May of 2014?  Just trying to get a gauge of this is a realistic timeline or not.

I would think you would def still be able to, as long as you aren't really specific on which date you want and are willing to be flexible! I know I've read of people up and decided to fly somewhere and get married in 2 weeks. So I'm sure it is doable! Might be stressful but once your there you will forget everything! Good Luck! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 View Post
 

I would think you would def still be able to, as long as you aren't really specific on which date you want and are willing to be flexible! I know I've read of people up and decided to fly somewhere and get married in 2 weeks. So I'm sure it is doable! Might be stressful but once your there you will forget everything! Good Luck! 


Thanks for the input! Also hello fellow Ohioan! :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandahugs View Post
 


Thanks for the input! Also hello fellow Ohioan! :

Hello! and good luck in your planning!! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 go_quote.gif
 

Have you gotten your tag remade yet? That really sucks you lost everything!! I am trying to decide on what kind of STDs I want to do....we are getting engagement pictures done in a couple of weeks and I would really like to use one of the pictures from those..however I really like the luggage tag idea....have you ever seen any with pictures on them?

 

I ended up doing something different but I was going to do luggage tag STDs at first...  If you do a set of tags you can put the wedding info on one and a pic on the other.....  I was going to do something like that.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandahugs go_quote.gif
 

General question for those of you still here...we are thinking of going from small DW to just private elopement. Do you think it would still be possible to plan for an elopement maybe April to May of 2014?  Just trying to get a gauge of this is a realistic timeline or not.

I agree with Jenn exactly!   Totally doable.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have you gotten your tag remade yet? That really sucks you lost everything!! I am trying to decide on what kind of STDs I want to do....we are getting engagement pictures done in a couple of weeks and I would really like to use one of the pictures from those..however I really like the luggage tag idea....have you ever seen any with pictures on them?
I didn't find it :( Or start again. Mine was just simple with our names, resort, date, wedding website and password. I put a small starfish on it but I bought some self adhesive half pearls so I think I will find a clam clip art to go on the new one. Mine was small so I couldn't put a picture. Want to reduce costs so I was going to print 6-8 per page, hole punch them and tie with a polka dot ribbon. I think it would be super cute though. To make the most of the space you could put the picture on one side with your names over it or the date and the other information on the flip side.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennkn87 View Post
 

Hello! and good luck in your planning!! 

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

 

I agree with Jenn exactly!   Totally doable.

 

Thanks ladies! Now I just need to either get over myself and start contacting resorts to see if they have availability those months before DBF officially proposes, or hope that he gets on it soon! I know it's silly, but it just makes me feel like I'm overdoing it to do so much planning before he does his thing!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandahugs View Post
 

 

 

 

Thanks ladies! Now I just need to either get over myself and start contacting resorts to see if they have availability those months before DBF officially proposes, or hope that he gets on it soon! I know it's silly, but it just makes me feel like I'm overdoing it to do so much planning before he does his thing!

 

so I have been planning for about a year already - I am 366 days from my wedding... the resort and wedding date are booked... we told everyone that is invited in April but have not announced are wedding outside of those that are invited ..  and I haven't gotten my office proposal.  ... so I get it...    after our very casual convo about finally getting married I knew we would do a DW .. I didn't want him to feel pressured to propose but I wanted to give people plenty of time to plan...    so I totally get it and I don't think what you are doing is silly at all!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×