beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Originally Posted by Cherina View Post

Life is busy, but I LOVE IT!!! I have finished my TA training so I'M OFFICIAL!!!! I am so excited about that! My children down to the baby are so supportive oft dream to help other brides and have personally invested ideas and time, my oldest (10 even branded the name and the 8 year old branded the color scheme!) For me busy is good, great... You know what they say about idol hands.

Pinterest has private boards which allows you to use Pinterest as you would but does not allow public viewing so you can keep wedding magic a surprise for your guests, you can pin with out giving anything away. I <3 it!

Are you including your children in your wedding ceremony?? I saw on here last night a few people were doing the Sand ceremony and including the children. My children are grown, but I thought this was a great idea to include them in the new family.

Originally Posted by Cherina View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

you must be quite the busy bee!!! That's a lot on your plate WOW!! good for you. Whats the hidden boards?

Life is busy, but I LOVE IT!!! I have finished my TA training so I'M OFFICIAL!!!! I am so excited about that! My children down to the baby are so supportive oft dream to help other brides and have personally invested ideas and time, my oldest (10 even branded the name and the 8 year old branded the color scheme!) For me busy is good, great... You know what they say about idol hands.

Pinterest has private boards which allows you to use Pinterest as you would but does not allow public viewing so you can keep wedding magic a surprise for your guests, you can pin with out giving anything away. I <3 it!

Congrats! That is amazing! So happy for you!

I had NO idea about the secret boards- so glad I saw this! I went in and deleted some pins from my wedding board, and hopefully will find them again and pin them to my secret wedding board.

Originally Posted by YossiMeyer View Post

Shmanderz! Wow, congratulations!

We are about 2 weeks apart, my FI and I just paid our deposit for May 27th 2014. It's a Tuesday but as we and our guests and traveling so far most will be there for a week or more so we thought it's nice for people to have some time there after the stresses of the wedding. Plus I'm hoping it will be less competition for the roof top?!

What package did you decide on? Have you had any details through? There is a BP thread and a lot of people on there say the communication isn't great which worries me. We sent our STDs this week, the invites are ready to go but I'm waiting for flight and price info before I send them.

Congrats again and happy planning! Xx

We decided on the complimentary package and will just be adding some extras like a DJ and decor and stuff for the reception.  I really hope the communication is not too terrible.  I am working with a travel agent in my city and she says she has worked with BP many times before and has had no problems so i am keeping my fingers crossed.  As for the rooftop, I am pretty nervous about not being able to have the skyterrace if someone else books the same day but I hope it works out in the end.  Just going to think positive and try not to think about the alternative lol.

What time did you book your ceremony for? 

It is pretty great that our weddings are so close!  Will be interesting to compair notes on different aspects of the planning! :)

Are you including your children in your wedding ceremony?? I saw on here last night a few people were doing the Sand ceremony and including the children. My children are grown, but I thought this was a great idea to include them in the new family.
They are all in the wedding as a flower girl, jr brides maid and, jr best man. We are going back and forth about the sand ceremony as they are all bio ours.

They are all in the wedding as a flower girl, jr brides maid and, jr best man. We are going back and forth about the sand ceremony as they are all bio ours.
You will <3 the hidden boards. Super helpful! I just wish I could have more than 3! I use them as needs, wishes, signed sealed delivered. And I move pins between them.

SoonMrsD...I'm getting married in Punta Cana in March 2014. Have you chosen a resort yet? I'm getting married at the Barcelo Bavaro Palace Deluxe. My biggest headache right now are the room quotes I'm getting back from certain TAs. I'm about to just tell everyone to book their packages through bookit.com or cheapcaribbean.com when they can. Seems like too much work! I'm Dominican so I know there's no way that charging over $200 a night for a room in DR during March when Holy Week is in April next year is ok! SMH

I too am getting married in Punta Cana march 22,2014 at the majestic colonial resort. I too was having trouble with quotes and this was the best a available time/price I could find in feb and march.

Aww Jackie, you're getting married on my mommy's birthday!!!! That's why i decided early March lol. I haven't had difficulty in getting quotes...they're just ridiculously sky high for the rooms when I know good and well what the rooms really should cost! It's so annoying, I've enlisted my family in DR's help to get me "dominican" prices on this resort. If they can't do any better, I'm letting people know to wait until like October and just book air/hotel packages on one of the many websites. I thought having a TA would be helpful b/c there's payment plans and stuff but I feel like my guests are going to be cheated.