beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

It was deleted! They are on top of it. Someone posted an ad for their photography. So tacky, makes me sure that I'll NEVER use that service!
Oh well that's good. It's so not cool.

Ya I was actually thinking of checking out destinationweddings.com, I think they are more of a wedding planner type travel agency. I read a bit about them so I think Ill check it out
Destenationweddings.com is an agency that has private travel affiliates. They do NO planning at all. They do offer wedding websites, and specialized deals for wedding and honeymoon clients. My TA is with DW and your experience depends strictly on the agent, my first one was not a good fit the one I have now is amazing!

I'm a new bride just got engaged and in planning a destination wedding.. I'm thinking about jamaica! Any advice on all inclusive resorts???
What type of feel are you looking for. There are lots of AIs in Ja you have sandals (adult only) beaches (family friendly) FDR (rooms comes with nanny), moon dance villas (AI villa resort), moon dance cliffs (AI boutique resort) and many more

What type of feel are you looking for. There are lots of AIs in Ja you have sandals (adult only) beaches (family friendly) FDR (rooms comes with nanny), moon dance villas (AI villa resort), moon dance cliffs (AI boutique resort) and many more
Cherina thanks for your response.. We would be a large group of people and I believe that there could be some kids!! Basically looking for a resort I good conditions, a five star, and with good wedding packages that offer you a variety of options also worried about the beach since I've read a lot of comments about artificial beaches in some resorts!!

Hi Girls, Just want to know if anyone has already sent out their invites? I'm getting a lot of slack for them not going out already as people are anxious to start booking. (I guess that's a good thing). My TA says the final payments must be made 70 days before we leave, which falls in December 2013 of this year. 

I'm thinking of sending these invites out by April/May and having an RSVP date of December? Is that too much time in between that pple would forget to book or rsvp? Should I make people RSVP before their payments are paid in full? HELP!!!cheesy.gif

Hi Girls, Just want to know if anyone has already sent out their invites? I'm getting a lot of slack for them not going out already as people are anxious to start booking. (I guess that's a good thing). My TA says the final payments must be made 70 days before we leave, which falls in December 2013 of this year.  I'm thinking of sending these invites out by April/May and having an RSVP date of December? Is that too much time in between that pple would forget to book or rsvp? Should I make people RSVP before their payments are paid in full? HELP!!!cheesy.gif
I'm just as lost on the invited so I'm unfortunately no help there lol but if your worried about rsvps can you just as your TA to send you a list of booked passengers? I'm hoping that's how ill keep track of guests lol

Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

Hi Girls, Just want to know if anyone has already sent out their invites? I'm getting a lot of slack for them not going out already as people are anxious to start booking. (I guess that's a good thing). My TA says the final payments must be made 70 days before we leave, which falls in December 2013 of this year. 

I'm thinking of sending these invites out by April/May and having an RSVP date of December? Is that too much time in between that pple would forget to book or rsvp? Should I make people RSVP before their payments are paid in full? HELP!!!cheesy.gif

I would have people RSVP before the final paid in full is due. That way you can send that information to the TA to follow up on, or if you are, then send out a reminder to those who have RSVP's that the final payment is due on ___ day in December. Hope that helps!

Hi so after speaking to the FI, he thinks I need to put an RSVP date of September. I think that's a good time frame b/c not everyone will book thru the TA and even if they book a month before we fly out, i want a commitment. Either yes or no so I can get my ceremony stuff together. Thanks girls!