Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

 

That's smart!! I never even thought of something like that. It was also one of the very first things I did back when I thought this wedding was going to be cheap.  Ha, so wrong!

Yessssss a DW is cheaper then a "regular wedding" but by no means CHEAP! I am learning this now. I am glad I have time to plan and this forum to help make things easier.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Thank You very much! The pearl letters on the ribbon are self adhesive but I was concerned they might come off from being shipped and handled so I decided to dab a little glue on them before putting them on the ribbon.... then of course some glue would ooze out the sides a little (no matter how little I tried to use)   so I had to put the glue on with a toothpick then with a different toothpick clean up the edges....... in the long run I am sure this was a good idea but DAMN did it suck!!   ahaha  Don't even get me started on  the wonderful time I had tying the ribbons wacko.gif I am glad they are finished for Sure!! I think for my invites I am just going to call people and be like "so yeah we invite you - you coming or what?"    smile124.gif
Hahaha yeah right phone call. .see toothpicks glue I don't think I could've done it..what kinda invites did you say your doing to top these off?
I'm so cheaply I made my STD on shutterfly and then added a stick on magnet tape strip to the back. Lol. It'll do
Cheaply works out well...lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

 

My Keepsake - Save The Dates

 

 

1000

 

 

Not the best picture - I will have to take some better ones for sure!

Can I pleaseeeee get one?? Ugh I wnat to go to St. Lucia now! What a great job Rayn!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yes I totally went to deals and bought the arm rings for my toddler RB and FG, for my other FG i'm thinking one of the inflatable lounge chairs for the water but I might want it for myself! LOL

 

 

So I found out my wedding package includes a private rehearsal dinner for 20 people. I originally was going to reserve a spot at the japanese restaurant for 24 people but Im thinking maybe I should take advantage of the free rehearsal dinner with a set menu and do the japanese restaurant another night with the people that won't be at the rehearsal dinner (since it would only be immediate family and the bridal party)

What do you girls think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissJali View Post

 

Yes I totally went to deals and bought the arm rings for my toddler RB and FG, for my other FG i'm thinking one of the inflatable lounge chairs for the water but I might want it for myself! LOL

 

 

So I found out my wedding package includes a private rehearsal dinner for 20 people. I originally was going to reserve a spot at the japanese restaurant for 24 people but Im thinking maybe I should take advantage of the free rehearsal dinner with a set menu and do the japanese restaurant another night with the people that won't be at the rehearsal dinner (since it would only be immediate family and the bridal party)

What do you girls think?

if it's included i say go for it. would it be the night before the ceremony? and then the other people are staying after the wedding ? so you have time to do it another night?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think my mini freak-out moment got my FI moving ! LOl

 

He actually sat with me last night to go over details! We looked at photographers, figured out an invitation design and picked out our colors! Cutest moment was when I asked "what should our colors be?" He looks at me with the most perplexed serious face "we have to pick out colors???" I start cracking up and he goes "I'm sorry!! I had no idea! Really! I don't know these things!!"

 

Luckily I don't mind if he doesn't care about colors, flowers or invites but he actually gave a lot of input which i'm happy about.

 

I love bright colors so was thinking along the lines of fuschia or coral but they are "too pink" for him. He wants blue and I half jokingly said "and orange?" Half joking because blue and orange are the Mets team colors and we are die-hard baseball and Mets fan. But I do also love orange cause it's so bright.

 

I google inspiration boards for him (and again he was like "whoa, what are inspiration boards?" lol) and we decided to do lighter shades of blue and orange to fit the tropical destination ... so to be fancy we're calling it "teal and tangerine" lol

 

Fall Weddings: Combine Autumn & Jewel Tone Wedding Colors - TyingTheKnott.com Wedding Network

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by pzl101 View Post

 

if it's included i say go for it. would it be the night before the ceremony? and then the other people are staying after the wedding ? so you have time to do it another night?

I could do the japanese dinner the sunday night, after the wedding which is on Saturday.

 

I'm also doing welcome drinks with everyone on Friday night before the wedding so the rehearsal dinner would be immediately after the welcome drinks. Im thinking maybe people would be too drunk to care that it's just immediate family anyway and we could meet up after the dinner since there is nightly entertainment at the resort. Although I imagine I'll be calling it quits early that night so I can be well rested for the wedding the next day. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by pzl101 View Post

 

I think my mini freak-out moment got my FI moving ! LOl

 

He actually sat with me last night to go over details! We looked at photographers, figured out an invitation design and picked out our colors! Cutest moment was when I asked "what should our colors be?" He looks at me with the most perplexed serious face "we have to pick out colors???" I start cracking up and he goes "I'm sorry!! I had no idea! Really! I don't know these things!!"

 

Luckily I don't mind if he doesn't care about colors, flowers or invites but he actually gave a lot of input which i'm happy about.

 

I love bright colors so was thinking along the lines of fuschia or coral but they are "too pink" for him. He wants blue and I half jokingly said "and orange?" Half joking because blue and orange are the Mets team colors and we are die-hard baseball and Mets fan. But I do also love orange cause it's so bright.

 

I google inspiration boards for him (and again he was like "whoa, what are inspiration boards?" lol) and we decided to do lighter shades of blue and orange to fit the tropical destination ... so to be fancy we're calling it "teal and tangerine" lol

 

Fall Weddings: Combine Autumn & Jewel Tone Wedding Colors - TyingTheKnott.com Wedding Network

A fellow Bride used this color scheme. Very very pretty!!!!!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by pzl101 View Post

 

I think my mini freak-out moment got my FI moving ! LOl

 

He actually sat with me last night to go over details! We looked at photographers, figured out an invitation design and picked out our colors! Cutest moment was when I asked "what should our colors be?" He looks at me with the most perplexed serious face "we have to pick out colors???" I start cracking up and he goes "I'm sorry!! I had no idea! Really! I don't know these things!!"

 

Luckily I don't mind if he doesn't care about colors, flowers or invites but he actually gave a lot of input which i'm happy about.

 

I love bright colors so was thinking along the lines of fuschia or coral but they are "too pink" for him. He wants blue and I half jokingly said "and orange?" Half joking because blue and orange are the Mets team colors and we are die-hard baseball and Mets fan. But I do also love orange cause it's so bright.

 

I google inspiration boards for him (and again he was like "whoa, what are inspiration boards?" lol) and we decided to do lighter shades of blue and orange to fit the tropical destination ... so to be fancy we're calling it "teal and tangerine" lol

 

Fall Weddings: Combine Autumn & Jewel Tone Wedding Colors - TyingTheKnott.com Wedding Network

 

 

Originally Posted by pzl101 View Post

 

I think my mini freak-out moment got my FI moving ! LOl

 

He actually sat with me last night to go over details! We looked at photographers, figured out an invitation design and picked out our colors! Cutest moment was when I asked "what should our colors be?" He looks at me with the most perplexed serious face "we have to pick out colors???" I start cracking up and he goes "I'm sorry!! I had no idea! Really! I don't know these things!!"

 

Luckily I don't mind if he doesn't care about colors, flowers or invites but he actually gave a lot of input which i'm happy about.

 

I love bright colors so was thinking along the lines of fuschia or coral but they are "too pink" for him. He wants blue and I half jokingly said "and orange?" Half joking because blue and orange are the Mets team colors and we are die-hard baseball and Mets fan. But I do also love orange cause it's so bright.

 

I google inspiration boards for him (and again he was like "whoa, what are inspiration boards?" lol) and we decided to do lighter shades of blue and orange to fit the tropical destination ... so to be fancy we're calling it "teal and tangerine" lol

 

Fall Weddings: Combine Autumn & Jewel Tone Wedding Colors - TyingTheKnott.com Wedding Network

 

I love this! We're doing purple, aqua and silver. The idea is to have stronger and softer versions of each color (e.g. purple, lavender).  However, I've been wanting something a little more rich than the aqua, and I think teal might be the ticket!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • How to login Hotmail? Today I am going to show you how to login to any Hotmail account on Desktop and Mobile. If you have a Hotmail account but you don’t know how to sign in Hotmail, this post helps you login Hotmail easy way with pictures. If you don’t have Hotmail account, of course, let Sign up Hotmail. And now, Here is how to sign in Hotmail.
       
    • I and my partner are going to get married on August 12th. We met each other through a lesbian dating website. Both of us want that day to be a memorable day. We are in confused on which dress to wear for the wedding ceremony. Any suggestion on lesbian wedding dress? I prefer white, whereas my partner prefers of-white. Which one do you think will look good? Should we go for same dress or different one? Share your thoughts.
    • Choose the flower that is matching with the bride and gown dress.
    • Hotmail gmail login: How to change your gmail password and how to delete your Gmail account? GMAIL is the most popular emailing service, with almost had a billion people worldwide logging on every day to check their emails. Google has recently added a number of new updates to make it easier to secure your Gmail, as well as safely deleting your email account. How do you change your password or delete your hotmail account?
    • Việc tìm kiếm một phòng khám bệnh trĩ uy tín sẽ giúp người bệnh giảm bớt được cơn ác mộng đối với căn bệnh này. Bài viết dưới đây sẽ cung cấp giúp các bạn một số những thông tin về phòng khám bệnh trĩ Thái Hà http://benhtrithaiha.com
  • Topics

×