Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

 

 

Girl! I won't even go there. When I met the FI 2 1/2 yrs ago I was working out 6 days a week. Now I'm cooking 6 days a week and licking the spoon and bottom of the plate clean. He's slim, has a soccer physique I guess. I have to work suuuuuuuper hard to stay at a decent weight.

 

Every 5 pounds I gain he's like " babe I swear I'm gonna get super supportive" as he is spooning cereal into his mouth at midnight. I know I know, he didn't make me gain weight I did it myself , but when I was single I didn't cook much. Made some boring chix and broccoli or had a lean cuisine standing at my counter. I love to cook and NOW I have an audience. We are Caribbean so rice, rice, rice.

 

sad.gif

 

Started spinning again, slowly but surely. My arse is on fire tho. Lolol

I have to lose 10 lbs b/c I sooooo want to do a boudior photo shoot. My fi is also skinny as all hell. I won't say i'm that bad but I def need to get my stomach in shape before this wedding! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

 

 

Girl! I won't even go there. When I met the FI 2 1/2 yrs ago I was working out 6 days a week. Now I'm cooking 6 days a week and licking the spoon and bottom of the plate clean. He's slim, has a soccer physique I guess. I have to work suuuuuuuper hard to stay at a decent weight.

 

Every 5 pounds I gain he's like " babe I swear I'm gonna get super supportive" as he is spooning cereal into his mouth at midnight. I know I know, he didn't make me gain weight I did it myself , but when I was single I didn't cook much. Made some boring chix and broccoli or had a lean cuisine standing at my counter. I love to cook and NOW I have an audience. We are Caribbean so rice, rice, rice.

 

sad.gif

 

Started spinning again, slowly but surely. My arse is on fire tho. Lolol

Girls always get the short end of the stick in that department! Men seem to keep their bodies easily and lose weight easily while we have to work REALLY hard.  I'm not sure how old you girls are (I'm 31) but around 30 it gets much harder, people say it gets worse at 40, if that's the case I'm very scared!

 

Men don't help the cause either when they want us to cook for them, have dessert, drink beers with them, etc.

 

Starting to spin again is a great start, better than eating bon bons on your couch, but it definitely is a shock to the bum at first.  We'll all support each other to get our best bodies before our big day!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

 

Girls always get the short end of the stick in that department! Men seem to keep their bodies easily and lose weight easily while we have to work REALLY hard.  I'm not sure how old you girls are (I'm 31) but around 30 it gets much harder, people say it gets worse at 40, if that's the case I'm very scared!

 

Men don't help the cause either when they want us to cook for them, have dessert, drink beers with them, etc.

 

Starting to spin again is a great start, better than eating bon bons on your couch, but it definitely is a shock to the bum at first.  We'll all support each other to get our best bodies before our big day!

I'm right in this boat.....and I'm short so every pound shows. I'm 30 and it is getting harder. I'm down to 20lbs lost and my FI has been on board with me for the last year with eating right etc and working out. So thank god for that one

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
65 invites went out to families. But I doubt "Fulana and her 10 kids are making the trip" LMFAO THAT WAS SO WRONG!
U wanna hear wrong ? I'm telling parents that although their children are welcome to come on vacation and stay at the resort. No kiddies under 16 can come to the reception. :eek: The restaurant is off property and only holds 100 ppl. So "Dona Fulana " will have to leave her kids at the resort or home. That's gonna go over really well. Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Okay - Seriously if I post my Welcome Bags.... don't judge me - it's long and probably not complete - I have way toooooooo much time to keep adding stuff :(

 

To make it even worse.. (I think I have mentioned before that I am sending little packages ever 3 months up to two weeks before departure plus a couple of things while in St. Lucia) 

 

This is my plan. . . 

 

Things I'm Sending to each couple

 

Jul '13 - Save the Dates

Oct '13 - Invitations

Jan '14 - Accessories  - (Ties and Flower Hair Clips -- with dress code guidelines)

Apr '14 - Passport Reminders (with passport covers and luggage tags)

Jul '14 - St. Lucia Info Package (hoping to find some brochures as well as well as a list of good to know things I have found in researching St. Lucia)

Oct '14 - Pre-Departure Gifts (I can put a list together if anyone would like - it's not too long)

 

------------

 

Things I'm giving to each couple or person while in St. Lucia

 

The Day they Arrive - Welcome Bags (Oy!)

Day of Wedding - Ceremony Items (I can make a list.. it is short!)

Reception Dinner - Favors (at some point I want to do something with just the parents to give them their extra gift)

The Day they Leave - Departure Bags (I can make a list... it is also short!)

 

Ummm I think (HOPE) that is everything embarrest.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

 

 

U wanna hear wrong ? I'm telling parents that although their children are welcome to come on vacation and stay at the resort. No kiddies under 16 can come to the reception. eek.gif The restaurant is off property and only holds 100 ppl. So "Dona Fulana " will have to leave her kids at the resort or home.

 

That's gonna go over really well. Lol

Oh gosh! I'm hoping none of them come besides my RB and FG lol. My ceremony spot only hold 55 people. On the pier...some people will be forced to watch from the beach if there are more b/c I have no desire to change that location. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Girls always get the short end of the stick in that department! Men seem to keep their bodies easily and lose weight easily while we have to work REALLY hard.  I'm not sure how old you girls are (I'm 31) but around 30 it gets much harder, people say it gets worse at 40, if that's the case I'm very scared! Men don't help the cause either when they want us to cook for them, have dessert, drink beers with them, etc. Starting to spin again is a great start, better than eating bon bons on your couch, but it definitely is a shock to the bum at first.  We'll all support each other to get our best bodies before our big day!
I'm 34 so I feel u. I'm gonna be honest. Bon bons are not the problem. Lol I get home from work after a crap day of dealing with whiny passengers , their kids, the pilots, my crazy coworkers, delays, all I want to do is down a bottle of wine. Lol. They say a glass is good for you but I like big glasses. LmAo Now with this wedding stress (where the hell is all this money going to come from) I might move on to scotch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

 

 

I'm 34 so I feel u.

I'm gonna be honest. Bon bons are not the problem. Lol

 

I get home from work after a crap day of dealing with whiny passengers , their kids, the pilots, my crazy coworkers, delays, all I want to do is down a bottle of wine. Lol.

 

They say a glass is good for you but I like big glasses. LmAo

 

Now with this wedding stress (where the hell is all this money going to come from) I might move on to scotch

Hi...My name is Jali and I may be an alcoholic. I too deal with bitchy clients, crazy idiotic people. Oh sorry I am a paralegal lol. and I too like big glasses of wine and shots of tequila and margaritas lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

 

Okay - Seriously if I post my Welcome Bags.... don't judge me - it's long and probably not complete - I have way toooooooo much time to keep adding stuff :(

 

To make it even worse.. (I think I have mentioned before that I am sending little packages ever 3 months up to two weeks before departure plus a couple of things while in St. Lucia) 

 

This is my plan. . . 

 

Things I'm Sending to each couple

 

Jul '13 - Save the Dates

Oct '13 - Invitations

Jan '14 - Accessories  - (Ties and Flower Hair Clips -- with dress code guidelines)

Apr '14 - Passport Reminders (with passport covers and luggage tags)

Jul '14 - St. Lucia Info Package (hoping to find some brochures as well as well as a list of good to know things I have found in researching St. Lucia)

Oct '14 - Pre-Departure Gifts (I can put a list together if anyone would like - it's not too long)

 

------------

 

Things I'm giving to each couple or person while in St. Lucia

 

The Day they Arrive - Welcome Bags (Oy!)

Day of Wedding - Ceremony Items (I can make a list.. it is short!)

Reception Dinner - Favors (at some point I want to do something with just the parents to give them their extra gift)

The Day they Leave - Departure Bags (I can make a list... it is also short!)

 

Ummm I think (HOPE) that is everything embarrest.gif

Rayn, how many guests are you having? I wish I could do all of this but it's not in the budget. I thought of doing something for the BP but some of them have been pretty crappy but my mom consoles me and says "if you want it done right...do it yourself" LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I'm right in this boat.....and I'm short so every pound shows. I'm 30 and it is getting harder. I'm down to 20lbs lost and my FI has been on board with me for the last year with eating right etc and working out. So thank god for that one
20 pounds that's great!!! You should be proud!!! I lost about 25 a few years ago, have put 4 back on since getting engaged. I want to lose that again plus maybe a few extra before the wedding, def doable!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Best Destination Wedding Sponsors



    Facebook Pinterest Google+ Twitter
  • Posts

    • Very thought provoking article it really helped me set up my strategies regarding. READ MORE : Login to Hotmail, Outlook using a Windows or Mac web browser Launch your web browser and login: Firstly, you need to launch your Windows or Mac web browser. Once you have successfully done so, go to the Hotmail sign in page:  http://hotmailaccount1811.blogspot.com Enter your email address and password: Once you have reached the Outlook sign-in page, you need to enter your Hotmail email address followed by your password then click Next. Congratulations, you have signed in: On the next page, select Sign In. Feel free to explore the services that are available to 
    • OMG these are incredible! Seriously blown away by the thoughtful detail you have put into every aspect of your gifts, your guests are going to be amazed! Props to you for adding so many personal touches and putting in so much time to make these gifts amazing!
    • These bags are amazing!! You are so organized and detailed, I am so impressed! I LOVE the Vistaprint stuff you ordered, the logo is so cute, I love your personalization!
    • I love etsy!! It's a great place to find personalized gifts without such a hefty price tag. I was thinking of getting my bridesmaids personalized necklaces with their names on them. I found these ones that are affordable and you can pick the chain length and different fonts, so you can really make them your own and pick what you know each bridesmaid will want. https://www.etsy.com/listing/595334072/personalized-name-necklace-stainless?ga_order=most_relevant&ga_search_type=all&ga_view_type=gallery&ga_search_query=personalized necklace&ref=sc_gallery-3-9&plkey=a8662525c53ec285c1b46b0f308162d0591edff8:595334072
    • Hi everyone, I am so happy that I am getting married to the love of my life. He proposed me and we are getting married within in a couple of months. And I have started preparations for my big day. I am super excited about a lot of things and also worried about many things.I have some inhibitions about my face and skin. Since I am a working woman, I have never got much time for personal care. This is the right time for it now. I need  proper medical grade skin care. Want to improve my skin tone and texture  I read some details about it here, https://www.mcleanclinic.com/nonsurgical-procedures/non-surgical/skin-care/, and found it really helpful. Can anyone of you suggest me some more tips? Like what I can do at home to have a glow on my face?  Thanks in advance.
  • Topics

×