Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

So even though I haven't decided on a resort yet, I have made up my mind on a few things

- since my wedding will be small, I want to make my own StD and invitations. I'm thinking luggage tag StD on kraft paper with rope/twine. For invites, there was a girl who posted her "Z-fold" invites and they were so cute and creative and different. Also, playing around with designing my own logo (palm tree/initials/date)

(Mind you, I am not crafty but in my head, this will all turn out! lol)

- OOT bags: keeping it simple with a welcome letter, bottles of local Jamaican rum, coffee and maybe jerk spice. Maybe a "meet the guest" facebook booklet so both sides of friends and family get to know each other

- group excursion either a catamaran cruise or Dunn's River Falls. This was sooo much fun and adventurous but not sure if everyone will be up for climbing over rocks and waterfalls.

How about you ladies?

• Community Manager
Why not just hyphenate?
Well..I have thought about that but it is probably my last choice. It would make for a really long Italian - Spanish name that doesn't really flow. Plus, I would feel bad if we ever had kids to make them deal with that. haha

• Community Manager
Although thinking..I really don't like my middle name
See part of my problem is that I love my name First Middle and Last ... it has a really nice flow to it and even kind of rhymes which I think it cute! By the time we get married I will have had my name for 35 years and I have always loved it. I love my last name and always said that if I were to ever get married "he" would have to have a super cool name for me to change mine. My FI isn't bad at all... I just don't know hahhaa

• Community Manager
Sounds like I'm a minority on this but I've always planned on and wanted to change my last name. I feel bad because there's only girls in my generation and I'm the last to get married, but my Dad is very traditional like me, so he doesn't mind. Regardless, it's a personal decision and any and everything is accepted today!!
I am actually surprised I'm not the only one that is not or is thinking about not changing their name. I agree, there is no wrong choice as long as you do what is right for you!

• Community Manager

Will it still be hot in October in St. Lucia? That was one of the things my FI was being a pain in the butt about - he says it will be too hot to wear a tie. But I was at my cousin;'s wedding in Jamaica in May, it wasn't bad during their sunset ceremony. The groom wore a longsleeve (not sure if cotton or linen) shirt with a vest and tie and it was fine. The sun wasn't as strong then so he should be OK It is in the 80s in October... I don't have a ceremony time yet but I don't think will be doing the sunset ceremony. I don't actually know if my FI will be wearing a tie... the problem is that I have a plan in my mind and if I scratch the ties I need a new plan - Blah! hhaha

• Community Manager
So even though I haven't decided on a resort yet, I have made up my mind on a few things - since my wedding will be small, I want to make my own StD and invitations. I'm thinking luggage tag StD on kraft paper with rope/twine. For invites, there was a girl who posted her "Z-fold" invites and they were so cute and creative and different. Also, playing around with designing my own logo (palm tree/initials/date) Sounds like your on the right track here. I was going to do luggage tag save the dates.. but not make my own I was going to buy these most perfect and cute luggage tags I found a few months ago online... when I went to buy them (long story short) I ended up ordering from FOUR different websites that had them for sale but none actually had them in stock and they were discontinued.. sooooo bummed I ended up doing something totally different! (I'll post pics soon) Making your own is a great idea!! (Mind you, I am not crafty but in my head, this will all turn out! lol) I'm sure everything will turn out great! Just be sure to give yourself enough time so you don't have to rush though anything. - OOT bags: keeping it simple with a welcome letter, bottles of local Jamaican rum, coffee and maybe jerk spice. Maybe a "meet the guest" facebook booklet so both sides of friends and family get to know each other OOT Bags... hmm hadn't given them much thought HAHAH :angel2: I like the facebook idea.. I was thinking about doing one but not sure one how to put it all together.. How are you making yours? - group excursion either a catamaran cruise or Dunn's River Falls. This was sooo much fun and adventurous but not sure if everyone will be up for climbing over rocks and waterfalls. So are you planning on getting everyone tickets and hope they want to go - or just mentioning it to everyone and they can join if they want? How about you ladies?

So even though I haven't decided on a resort yet, I have made up my mind on a few things - since my wedding will be small, I want to make my own StD and invitations. I'm thinking luggage tag StD on kraft paper with rope/twine. For invites, there was a girl who posted her "Z-fold" invites and they were so cute and creative and different. Also, playing around with designing my own logo (palm tree/initials/date) (Mind you, I am not crafty but in my head, this will all turn out! lol) - OOT bags: keeping it simple with a welcome letter, bottles of local Jamaican rum, coffee and maybe jerk spice. Maybe a "meet the guest" facebook booklet so both sides of friends and family get to know each other - group excursion either a catamaran cruise or Dunn's River Falls. This was sooo much fun and adventurous but not sure if everyone will be up for climbing over rocks and waterfalls. How about you ladies?
Well I had std' s made. Want to try to make my own invites.wanted MIB but now maybe boarding passes not sure but need to get on that project.. Also planning on catamaran cruise or atv tours inviting guests to attend