Jump to content
beachbride14

Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

Recommended Posts

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

 

 

ah ok at least i am on the right track! haha thanks so much

 

Jessica:

 

I read an article in Brides magazine last night/early morning on color palettes that might be helpful (in the most recent issue I believe). This application on their website appears to be free:

http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-style/color-studio-tool

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

 

My FI was the one who was pushing for a DW and I knew his family hadn't really traveled before but he didn't care because it's something we really enjoy doing.  I think it's crazy in general for anyone to have never been on a plane, then again I hate long trips in the car.

 

It took a lot of convincing for my FI to get me on a cruise but I've loved them ever since my first one, there are certain lines I like and other's that aren't my favorite but I think they're a great way to see the world. We do 1-2 a year then pick the places we like the most to go back to for a week.  

 

Have you ever done the Boston to Bermuda cruise?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

 

 

ah ok at least i am on the right track! haha thanks so much

 

Jessica:

 

I read an article in Brides magazine last night/early morning on color palettes that might be helpful (in the most recent issue I believe). This application on their website appears to be free:

http://www.brides.com/wedding-ideas/wedding-style/color-studio-tool

 

 

thanks. I will look at it. I was looking at pinterest and this these are the two my fiance and I are debating between. 

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/569986896559291112/

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/55872851596574017/

 

I like both. The hot pink and the white look nice but I feel like its missing another color. Black maybe or a dark gray? not sure yet. Maybe a hot pink, light pink, and a dark gray? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shara1984 View Post

 

Is any one considering moving their honeymoon to a different resort or a different location? We are considering this.

 

Shara:  One of the ways that I pitched a DW to my FH is that we could save money by having the wedding and the honeymoon in one locale.  We will definitely move to another resort, but will try to stay in the Riviera Maya area. 

 

P.S. I have entered a number of honeymoon contests, so if we win one of them, all bets are off!

Yeah we are thinking about moving to another resort or upgrading to the royal service

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

 

 

 

thanks. I will look at it. I was looking at pinterest and this these are the two my fiance and I are debating between. 

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/569986896559291112/

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/55872851596574017/

 

I like both. The hot pink and the white look nice but I feel like its missing another color. Black maybe or a dark gray? not sure yet. Maybe a hot pink, light pink, and a dark gray? 

 

I think a light gray, or silver might be nice to compliment your colors.  I LOVE that aqua though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

 

 

 

thanks. I will look at it. I was looking at pinterest and this these are the two my fiance and I are debating between. 

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/569986896559291112/

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/55872851596574017/

 

I like both. The hot pink and the white look nice but I feel like its missing another color. Black maybe or a dark gray? not sure yet. Maybe a hot pink, light pink, and a dark gray? 

 

I think a light gray, or silver might be nice to compliment your colors.  I LOVE that aqua though. 

 

So aqua, white and gray? hmm 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

 

 

So aqua, white and gray? hmm 

 

I like it..though I would do a pop of another color---perhaps a soft yellow or pink?  You can also play with colors within the spectrum (teal, aqua, etc.)

 

http://pinterest.com/kcfaye817/aqua-gray-wedding/

http://bridalmusings.com/2011/10/what-would-barbie-do-plastic-pink-aqua-wedding-inspiration/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Have you ever done the Boston to Bermuda cruise?
I've done NJ to Bermuda, not a huge fan of Norwegian though, who does Boston to Bermuda. I LOVE Bermuda though, definately one of my favorite islands, just to cold to visit in the winter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

 

 

I've done NJ to Bermuda, not a huge fan of Norwegian though, who does Boston to Bermuda. I LOVE Bermuda though, definately one of my favorite islands, just to cold to visit in the winter.

Norwegian Dawn is the ship from Boston.   I have never done it.. We looked into doing it last year but ended up doing something else instead.  

 

I want to do a cruise and my FI would rather not fly if we don't have (although we do all the time)  So I thought a cruise we don't have to fly to might be good!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

 

My FI was the one who was pushing for a DW and I knew his family hadn't really traveled before but he didn't care because it's something we really enjoy doing.  I think it's crazy in general for anyone to have never been on a plane, then again I hate long trips in the car.

 

It took a lot of convincing for my FI to get me on a cruise but I've loved them ever since my first one, there are certain lines I like and other's that aren't my favorite but I think they're a great way to see the world. We do 1-2 a year then pick the places we like the most to go back to for a week.  

My FI same way he's the one pushing for here.  I am going to have to go  suck it up and go maybe will start off with a small one 2 -3 days or something.  I don't think I can do a whole week just so terrified.  

Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

 

 

Yeah I wasn't sure about the all white thing.. I still think its a little weird to ask everyone to wear white to my wedding - but I since making up my mind about it, I have looked at bunches of all white wedding party pics and think they do look nice.   I'm a big accessories person so I figured if anyone wanted to add some accessories I'd have them use Yellow.  I think it is a color that will pop a little with the white but not be too "look at me" in the pics.    

 

I am actually sending out some "dress code" packages - the girl are getting little yellow Plumeria flower bobby pins and I am undecided about what to give the guys - all along I have thought I'd do ties.. I actually even found ones that I really like.     But now I don't know if my FI is going to be wearing a tie... I don't want anyone to be hot and uncomfortable : (  I was thinking about doing pocket squares instead - but I don't know if that looks good (to have a pocket square and no tie)

 

Plus, I really wanted to do something extra for our parents... I found these really nice mother of pearl tie clips for our Dads and plan to get mother of pearl bracelets for our Moms.   So if I decide on no ties - I will need to come up with something else for our Dads and return the clips (but I really like them).

 

Maybe the ties will be okay - its not like the ceremony will be very long and as soon as pictures are over they can take the ties off....  right?   I haven't seen it in any pics but I actually kind of like the image of all the guys with ties except my FI - In a way I think the lack of tie will be a focal point...

 

Oy! I just don't know - I must say that I know doing a Destination is way less stressful then me doing a "regular" wedding .. I can't imagine if I had to make all the "regular" choices HHAHA

Yellow is a nice pop color.  That's cute dress code packages..  I'm not sure of a tie either.  My FI is always so hot he already said make sure we have an arch or something for him to stand under on the beach.  

 

true indeed less stress than a "regular wedding" but, still has it's stresses.  

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

 

 

 

thanks. I will look at it. I was looking at pinterest and this these are the two my fiance and I are debating between. 

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/569986896559291112/

 

http://pinterest.com/pin/55872851596574017/

 

I like both. The hot pink and the white look nice but I feel like its missing another color. Black maybe or a dark gray? not sure yet. Maybe a hot pink, light pink, and a dark gray? 

 

teal/aqua and grey I like..your colors are the fuscia and teal?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×