Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Wow you are workong on your AHR already! That is great.  I have it all planned.. in my head :D but that is about it .. other then some decorations things I have bought in hopes of using them. I just sent out my invites yesterday (later then I wanted to) but they are OUT - ETA is tomorrow sooooo I am glad that is over with!!!  I want to get started on some other smaller projects I plan on doing now so that I do not have a million to do right before we leave!
Your wedding is nearly 6 months after mine and I haven't sent my invitations yet! I need to step up my game! LOL

That awkward moment when you realize that you've screwed up ROYALLY.  Long story short is that I booked a resort about 35 minutes away (so I thought) from my ceremony/reception site because I knew that some people would prefer all of their food and drink to be bundled into one package.  However, after talking to my transportation guy, I have realized that my calculations on Google Maps didn't take into account real world traffic, getting to the Blue Venado itself from the highway, etc. In reality, it could take more than double the time (about 1.5 hours)!!!!!!!  My friends are saying that it will be okay, that it will be like a party bus. However, I think that's just too much to expect from guests.  Argh!!!

Wow you are workong on your AHR already! That is great.  I have it all planned.. in my head :D but that is about it .. other then some decorations things I have bought in hopes of using them. I just sent out my invites yesterday (later then I wanted to) but they are OUT - ETA is tomorrow sooooo I am glad that is over with!!!  I want to get started on some other smaller projects I plan on doing now so that I do not have a million to do right before we leave!
I thought I would a head start now and then take a break over the festive period lol I'm the same with the small bits, my next jobs are the gift bags for hen night which is at the end of January and then the OOT bags. I'm doing hangover bags & survival kits lol xx

• Community Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by 27dress View Post

wow, you are cool to do craft.  I am getting married 2 years later, do i need to prepare now, is it too early to prepare all the things, I want my wedding to be perfect.  Thank you~:)

Hello by the time I get married I will have been planning my wedding for 2 years.   I only invited a small amount of people and I know for sure all but 4 of them are going to go so I started buying things for my Welcome Bags right away - I figured buying stuff over a couple of years will make it seem like I didn't shell out too much for them.   I am also doing lots of little DIY projects so for those things that I can commit to now I am going ahead and making them.

There are definitely things that you will not be able to until closer to your wedding but I do advice not waiting on things you dont have to. 

When and Where are you getting married?

• Community Manager
Quote:
Originally Posted by brownsugarbride View Post

Your wedding is nearly 6 months after mine and I haven't sent my invitations yet! I need to step up my game! LOL

Hahah I wanted to send them in October but I the Mr. wasn't on top of his game with helping me with the SMALL part I asked him to do for them.  So they just went out.  I think sending them nearly ahead of time is more time them more DW Brides do (from what I have read around here)  I only did it because I have lots of little surprises I am sending out over time next year so to get those out I needed to get my invites out and RSVPs back early.

When do you think you will send them?

• Community Manager
Quote:

That awkward moment when you realize that you've screwed up ROYALLY.  Long story short is that I booked a resort about 35 minutes away (so I thought) from my ceremony/reception site because I knew that some people would prefer all of their food and drink to be bundled into one package.  However, after talking to my transportation guy, I have realized that my calculations on Google Maps didn't take into account real world traffic, getting to the Blue Venado itself from the highway, etc. In reality, it could take more than double the time (about 1.5 hours)!!!!!!!  My friends are saying that it will be okay, that it will be like a party bus. However, I think that's just too much to expect from guests.  Argh!!!

Aww that does stink - I would say just go with the vibe your friends are giving you and make a party out of it :)

Quote:

Hey Tiffany! Have you made any progress with finding an alternate resort? I inboxed you a couple options, but I can keep researching options for you if you're still stuck! :)