Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

If you have any cruise questions let me know. We've done almost every line and been to lots places.  I would suggest thinking about where you want to go and then going to a site that will search all the lines at once and return stops your interested int. Try www.Crucon.com or www.CheapCaribbean.com

Oh haha I just saw this.. I sent you a FB PM earlier : )

Thanks for the info!

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by hclibby1982 View Post

Got it here! Im going to bed, gotta get up at 445, but Ill respond tomorrow. I'm happy to help and bestow whatever wisdom I have haha :)

Sounds good... I have to get up around the same time... I wish I could go to sleep now but I'd be up in a couple of hours if I did :( 

Have a good day tomorrow!!

I am going to try really hard to catch up on this board.... somehow, I have not read it since the beginning of June... and now I have 3804 posts to read! blink.gif

If anyone directed any questions at me, I am going to try, try to find it and answer it for you! Otherwise, I am simply going to try to catch up on all you lovely ladies, and hope I didn't miss out on anything too exciting!

*settles down to read nearly 400 pages of posts*

Originally Posted by mairelys View Post

Oh god, ours would be 18 letters hyphenated. And my full name is already 25 letters. Not looking to add to that! haha

I'm not attached to my last name.. and I'm actually looking forward to having a shorter name.

(old post, sorry! Catching up!)

Mine would be 13 letters hyphenated! Plus, a Scottish last name and a Pakistani last name hyphenated, both starting with M's, just doesn't work. (McCallum- Majid) My youngest cousin already had a baby (he is 17), and it was a boy, so I know my family name isn't lost as of yet! I will be changing my last name... but funny enough, I always go by Jenny now. But when I change it, I know I will always have to go by Jennifer. As Jenny Majid sounds funny, but Jennifer Majid sounds gorgeous :D

Question, to you ladies who are changing your name, have you tried signing it?? I had the funniest moment a few weekends ago when I tried to do it. It was like learning to write all over again- I am going to have to figure it out, because it looked horrendous, and half the time I would end up signing McCallum half way through! So used to a longer last name, cutting it off after 5 letters seems funny!

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

I just realized.. most (if not all) of you are getting married way before I do ... what am I going to do when you all leave sad.gif

We are in it all the way girl. My wedding is a week after yours.

I am with you ladies until the same end! I am getting married just a few short weeks before you, but will still be hugely active for awhile longer I am sure! (maybe even longer!)

There are many ladies who still come to this forum, who got married 5 years ago!

crybaby2.gifThere are just tooooo many posts I missed. Just spent over an hour and a half trying to catch up and I only got through 75 pages. Too much, too much.

So from the bit I did read, I will definitely add myself to the fryingpan.gif & pokestick.gif fiance club. If I hear one more (if we weren't saving for this stupid wedding, we could be well on our way to buying a house comment, I might have a bridezilla moment).

My information:

Jenny (Fiance: Amir)

September 18, 2014 @ Dreams Puerto Vallarta

From Mississauga, Ontario (just outside Toronto)

We are actually having our legal ceremony this year (a year ahead of our wedding in Mexico- we will be having our symbolic ceremony on our actual one year anniversary!). So that will be on the 18th of September this year! Exciting moment for us :) We go in for our consultation on the 16th, and then get married at 3:00 on the 18th at city hall! Just our parents, my grandmother and his brother and girlfriend will be there. We are going out for dinner afterwards, but that's it.

We were going to try to get away to NYC or the Bahama's for a mini- honeymoon, but we decided last night to get a puppy instead! (funny, because we just had a pregnancy scare, so I said that because we aren't having a baby, we are now getting a puppy instead- he said practice makes perfect- so we have successfully raised a cat for the past 7 years, now we will have a puppy, and then he said the next step will babysitting a kid for 3 weeks haha- which will be a challenge for him, but for me it will be totally fine!).

Anyways, so that is our next big steps- legal wedding and a puppy!

I have already asked two girlfriends to be my bridesmaids, but informally. So my next big wedding thing is to ask them officially, in a cute way, and actually upgrade one of them to matron of honour. (Since my BFF can't make my wedding because she is a teacher, and she already accepted the MOH title, which she can have for our AHR in October 2014).

Deposits were due on the 20th of September, so we have 15 people confirmed, with another 5 who will be finding their own way out to Mexico. I couldn't be any happier with the tiny number of people coming. It will be intimate, small and beautiful- exactly how I want it to be! And then we get to party with everyone when we get back, so I will still get all of that love and excitement as well!

Originally Posted by Jenny2014 View Post

crybaby2.gifThere are just tooooo many posts I missed. Just spent over an hour and a half trying to catch up and I only got through 75 pages. Too much, too much.

So from the bit I did read, I will definitely add myself to the fryingpan.gif & pokestick.gif fiance club. If I hear one more (if we weren't saving for this stupid wedding, we could be well on our way to buying a house comment, I might have a bridezilla moment).

My information:

Jenny (Fiance: Amir)

September 18, 2014 @ Dreams Puerto Vallarta

From Mississauga, Ontario (just outside Toronto)

We are actually having our legal ceremony this year (a year ahead of our wedding in Mexico- we will be having our symbolic ceremony on our actual one year anniversary!). So that will be on the 18th of September this year! Exciting moment for us :) We go in for our consultation on the 16th, and then get married at 3:00 on the 18th at city hall! Just our parents, my grandmother and his brother and girlfriend will be there. We are going out for dinner afterwards, but that's it.

We were going to try to get away to NYC or the Bahama's for a mini- honeymoon, but we decided last night to get a puppy instead! (funny, because we just had a pregnancy scare, so I said that because we aren't having a baby, we are now getting a puppy instead- he said practice makes perfect- so we have successfully raised a cat for the past 7 years, now we will have a puppy, and then he said the next step will babysitting a kid for 3 weeks haha- which will be a challenge for him, but for me it will be totally fine!).

Anyways, so that is our next big steps- legal wedding and a puppy!

I have already asked two girlfriends to be my bridesmaids, but informally. So my next big wedding thing is to ask them officially, in a cute way, and actually upgrade one of them to matron of honour. (Since my BFF can't make my wedding because she is a teacher, and she already accepted the MOH title, which she can have for our AHR in October 2014).

Deposits were due on the 20th of September, so we have 15 people confirmed, with another 5 who will be finding their own way out to Mexico. I couldn't be any happier with the tiny number of people coming. It will be intimate, small and beautiful- exactly how I want it to be! And then we get to party with everyone when we get back, so I will still get all of that love and excitement as well!

Yay!!  We are also getting married before we go, but we may just pick up the papers and come home and go to bed! LOL