Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Ok ladies ! I'm back, got home from DR last night. Got soooooooooo much accomplished. My girlfriend and I went together and had a blast but we really did move around a lot . 4 resorts in one day. Too many drinks to count (lol) and visited the restaurant we plan on having it at ( off property) I wanted to confirm that was the right decision , and I am now sure it is ! It's going to be great to take the guests off property for an " adventure " and I love the exclusivity of it all. My GF loved Punta Cana and loved it all so it was also exciting showing someone who has never been there. We selected the resort NoW Larimar . Now let me tell you that I went I've there thinking that was the last place if choose. Mainly because the name annoys the F out of me. Lol! But... We loved it. Miss Jali , your resort Barcelo is awesome , very pretty. We just felt that the best thing for our group was something smaller, where you didn't need a train, trolley, or golf carts to get to everything. I can see me now. Taking 20 minutes to get to the beach to have forgotten my book or sunscreen and starting all over again . Lol Meeting with the coordinator at the restaurant was great. She's like an Urban Legend. She's so damn busy all the times that she can't get to Brides in a timely fashion so everyone is out of their minds . So it was good to talk to her in person and clarify a lot . She really is a genius , yet she is overworked so I can only hope she will stick around until my wedding late next year. :0/ IBM going to respond to a bunch of the posts I've missed out on so let's see,,
Welcome back..Jealous would have been wonderful to do site visits to visually see resorts before I picked. Glad you found something you love.off resort does sound great giving guests an island peek.

Dont know yet, too early to tell. My heart says is a boy so I have a 50-50 change of that LOL. I always wanted my first to be a girl but I will love whatever it is :-) 

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

Congrats to you. Do you know what you are having?

Originally Posted by Shara1984 View Post

I have a few questions:

1. Has anyone purchased or browsed for the sand kit?

2. I should wait to purchase my jewelry until I actually purchase my dress right?

3. Have you seen any deals on the fans? Raffia or the plain ones?

Im shopping this am for a little bit then i am going to bed. Im working night shift tonight boo!

I can't help with #1 or #2 but I'd try Michaels or Amazon (my go to when I need anything and don't know where to get it)

As for #2 I'd suggest waiting until after you get your dress. I bought my dress then got my jewlery but made sure to have it before my 1st fitting so I can see it together and if I hate it I'll have time to go get new jewlery

Originally Posted by MrsTobeD View Post

Since everyone is talking about babies and pregnancies in here, I have a confession to make, I am PREGNANT, it was not a surprise, it was totally planned, I am 37 and have been dying to have a baby, but my FH wouldn't do it without having our own roof, we bought a house in October, got engaged in February and started planning the wedding with the thought that I needed to get pregnant soon enough to allow some time to my body to go back closest to its normal self as possible. I wanted at least 6-7 months but it happened during our last month to"try", so I will be married carrying a 5 months old. :-) 

Its a lot, and the thought of having the baby right before the real planning starts makes me a little nervous but my FH reminds me all the time, "you wanted a baby" we will be alright. 

I was waiting a little longer to fess in here but since the subject came around, and since I will be friending a bunch of you on FB and the news is out there... I figure now is the time.

I am having the hardest time with choosing a dress, everyone says I will not gain that much weight since I am a healthy eater, but I know I will gain some, so from wanting a mermaid or something figure hugging I am  now in love with ball-gowns. And now I am obsessed with wanting to get a dress ASAP so I can try it on and now where I have to go in weight before the wedding. I will NOT wait after the baby since there is no way I will be in shape to go crazy dress shopping and I haven't gained any weight yet, I actually lost 5 pounds even though my little belly is showing, so I can get a dress, maybe an inch or two bigger and go from there after the baby. I will be exercising like crazy and I am not your gym girl. I hate it!!  

Congratulations that is so exciting, what an exciting time in your life!!!!!!!woot.gif