Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

Oh Bummer about your BM - that is too bad!

Wow - about your sister. . .   I'd be upset if she made a decision like that knowing you already paid and she didn't bother to tell you!??!!

I dont really know what to say that might be helpful - sometimes you just have to be upset for a minute to really get over something!

Take a deep breath and a BIG gulp!   In the end you will have a AWESOME wedding and it will be exactly the way it was meant to be hug2.gif

Thank you, I'm feeling better this morning. I think it was just to much for one day. I still don't know what to say about my sister, nor do I know what she's really doing because she won't tell me!

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

I'm so sorry you had a bad day. I feel awful bad for your BM. But your sister really, really that is so messed up! She should have told you before you put your money down for her family who she is now considering not bringing!!! How inconsiderate. I really hope they end up coming so you get your money's worth!!

Thank you. I have no idea what she's doing because she hasn't actually told me. I hope either they come or she gives me a straight answer so I can see if the resort will give me some money back. Another thing to deal with, yay!  As if I don't have enough hahaha

Took me forever to catch up again haha. Glad to see people finalizing dates and paying those deposits!! SO EXCITING! I have been working on my STDs and I am almost done designing them. In the meantime, I am waiting for my magnetic sheets, custom stamps, and pretty yellow envelopes to arrive. I am including save the date magnets, but making them myself because it's ridiculous that most places charge like $2 a magnet! :) Here is a picture of what the magnet will look like:  * I can't wait to put it all together!
Very cute!

I love it great job!!!!! The magnet STDs are expensive I'm one of the people that paid for them but I don't have a creative bone in my body so I've got no choice haha
I'm so cheaply I made my STD on shutterfly and then added a stick on magnet tape strip to the back. Lol. It'll do

Originally Posted by Jessica Correa View Post

I can relate. My uncles asked why I was doing it in Jamaica and not in the states. They also asked why not Colombia since that's where we are from.

My fiance's father also complained. He asked why not Dominican Republic if what i wanted was a beautiful beach and a resort. My fiance's huge family lives in DR and I want a smaller wedding in a neutral place where neither of us has ever visited. It is an excuse to cross a place off our list!

Then my father in law tried making my fiance feel guilty by telling him that since the wedding is not in DR or in the states that he will not bring his 4 small siblings.

It's sad they cannot come but my fiance and I gave a year and a half notice that we were getting married in a random country so that they could start to save up so I do not want to hear the whole money excuse.

Either you come or you don't. Either you want to be there or you don't. All I need is my fiance and parents to be there for my day to be as perfect as it could possibly be. My fiance just needs his mother and sister to be there to be happy too so as long as those people are there, all is well.

I am tired of trying to please everyone because that is truly impossible. I guess I will be selfish for an occasion that is MY and my fiance's WEDDING.

I refuse to change what my fiance and I have already planned for anyone. We already downgraded the resort because we wanted it to be as affordable as possible for our guests. We are dealing with moving in together soon, buying furniture, paying for debt & school debt, plus the wedding. I just want afford anything more.

I also wish I had just eloped!

I'm sorry for all that drama.  I have concluded it would be easier if we all eloped BUT when the day comes it will be worth it and beautiful. At least we know we aren't alone with our wedding drama seems everyone has some!

My best friend said to me last night "Holly whoever said wedding planning is fun has never planned a wedding, it's stressful, you'll want to cry, yell and elope at least a dozen more times, remember to breathe and know it'll all be worth it on your big day". She just got marred a year ago so I'm sure she's right!

Originally Posted by RaynDrop View Post

Thank You very much!

The pearl letters on the ribbon are self adhesive but I was concerned they might come off from being shipped and handled so I decided to dab a little glue on them before putting them on the ribbon.... then of course some glue would ooze out the sides a little (no matter how little I tried to use)   so I had to put the glue on with a toothpick then with a different toothpick clean up the edges....... in the long run I am sure this was a good idea but DAMN did it suck!!   ahaha 

Don't even get me started on  the wonderful time I had tying the ribbons wacko.gif

I am glad they are finished for Sure!!

I think for my invites I am just going to call people and be like "so yeah we invite you - you coming or what?"  

smile124.gif

After making those you have every right!  I'm eager to see your invites because something tells me you will end up doing them and not just calling people haha

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

I'm so cheaply

I made my STD on shutterfly and then added a stick on magnet tape strip to the back.

Lol. It'll do

That's smart!! I never even thought of something like that. It was also one of the very first things I did back when I thought this wedding was going to be cheap.  Ha, so wrong!

Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

Just returned from my site visit at the Barcelo Maya Palace in Riviera Maya!! I'm sooo happy i went because I 100% made the right choice... it is beautiful!!! Now that everything is confirmed my STDs have officially been ordered!!!! woot.gif

Congrats!!!!!