Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Night night. And thanks. Try and make it thru the day, ill be around making you guys laugh. Or cry! Lol. I've been off too many damn days. Lol Since everyone reads all the posts, ill just thank all of you or the pep talks. I'm sure I will have time to reciprocate in the next few months. Lol. Moral of the story is. I should know better and F@$& all. Lol
F@#$ All! ! Yes that should be our motto! Lol

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

Hey ladies

I'm here for some " don't give a shit what anyone thinks and says pep talk". Lol

I'm really kinda down tonight.

We just came back from my FI sisters house where some of his family were gathered . For shits and giggles I informally handed his sister and dad the STD I just got done.

And so it begins...this is what I got

Odd look from his sister and 17 yr old niece . " Halloween ? Your wedding is gonna be on Halloween ? Really? " arched eye brows!

From niece " great guess I can't come ill just have started college"

From sister and niece - it's a Friday?

From his father- why can't you just do it in Miami ? If its the money ill give you money.

Are you inviting so and so and so and so and sound so?

" you know we are. Tight family why would you do it in YOUR country?

From his father - well at least we can book your uncles time share and we can all stay there and just go to your wedding.

I was getting so pissed and its only the first STD

Ohhhh and I said to his sister. Please it's not like anyone actually considers Halloween a pagan holiday. To which she raised her hand as in to say " I do"

Now add to that

None of my so called best friends have even called me to ask about the wedding since I told them I was engaged over a month ago.

My fathers " how much is this shindig gonna cost comment"

My moms " your not wearing white re you?" Comment

And the fact that I'd rather elope As it is , I feel totally deflated.

This is supposed to be a happy time in my life and instead I just wanna cry. Mainly because I always see in the movies and on tv all these people with tons of support.

Let me clarify that everyone Is happy for us and want us to get married. I just feel super lonely in the process.

I wasn't around last night and I see you got plenty of pep talks and I agree with all of the other girls.  I am sorry you had to endure all that crap, because that's what it is. This is YOUR wedding (well and your FI).  Whatever happend to "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all".  Halloween isn't a real Holiday anyway, it's not like Christmas.  Also, a Friday works well for DW because if you do it Saturday and people are hungover they're probably hopping on a plane Sunday hungover. Regardless it's a vacation where they get to see someone they love get married, what could be bad about that?!?!?!

Moral of the story, no matter what you do you won't please everyone so just make sure you guys are pleasing yourselves!

Originally Posted by shugapop1 View Post

haven't forgoten about my sisters up here on  bdw, i've not been here all day, i had a death in my family last night so just been tryna be respectful of that, but trust it's been hard to not be up here all day.

I'm very sorry for your loss.  If you want to talk wedding to get your mind off things we're here and if you need time alone that's understandable too, you're BDW friends are all thinking of you hug2.gif

Hey ladies

I'm here for some " don't give a shit what anyone thinks and says pep talk". Lol

I'm really kinda down tonight.

We just came back from my FI sisters house where some of his family were gathered . For shits and giggles I informally handed his sister and dad the STD I just got done.

And so it begins...this is what I got

Odd look from his sister and 17 yr old niece . " Halloween ? Your wedding is gonna be on Halloween ? Really? " arched eye brows!

From niece " great guess I can't come ill just have started college"

From sister and niece - it's a Friday?

From his father- why can't you just do it in Miami ? If its the money ill give you money.

Are you inviting so and so and so and so and sound so?

" you know we are. Tight family why would you do it in YOUR country?

From his father - well at least we can book your uncles time share and we can all stay there and just go to your wedding.

I was getting so pissed and its only the first STD

Ohhhh and I said to his sister. Please it's not like anyone actually considers Halloween a pagan holiday. To which she raised her hand as in to say " I do"

Now add to that

None of my so called best friends have even called me to ask about the wedding since I told them I was engaged over a month ago.

My fathers " how much is this shindig gonna cost comment"

My moms " your not wearing white re you?" Comment

And the fact that I'd rather elope As it is , I feel totally deflated.

This is supposed to be a happy time in my life and instead I just wanna cry. Mainly because I always see in the movies and on tv all these people with tons of support.

Let me clarify that everyone Is happy for us and want us to get married. I just feel super lonely in the process.

Okay, this is coming from a mother of the bride...I am getting the same response from a lot of people about my daughters DW and I just tell people that I think it's a great idea and that this is a great way to weed out the folks that would only be there because they feel obligated or are out for a free meal and drinks! You should see the looks on their faces! It totally shuts them up! I go on to say that we don't want anyone to feel obligated to go and that we only want the people there that truley want to be there. My daughter wants to be surrounded by those she loves and love her....not a bunch of people who didn't have anything better to do that night! Sorry if I sound bitchy, but I'm all for telling the truth...if they don't like it, oh well.

I wasn't around last night and I see you got plenty of pep talks and I agree with all of the other girls.  I am sorry you had to endure all that crap, because that's what it is. This is YOUR wedding (well and your FI).  Whatever happend to "if you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all".  Halloween isn't a real Holiday anyway, it's not like Christmas.  Also, a Friday works well for DW because if you do it Saturday and people are hungover they're probably hopping on a plane Sunday hungover. Regardless it's a vacation where they get to see someone they love get married, what could be bad about that?!?!?! Moral of the story, no matter what you do you won't please everyone so just make sure you guys are pleasing yourselves!
You guys are all awesome. :0) I'm up! Heading to Michaels to figure out how I can liven up my STD envelopes. Plus I need to add magnetic tape to the back of the cards so ppl can tick them to fridge. Gotta keep it moving! May I suggest everyone that doesn't have a picture attached to their names perhaps put one up if they're comfortable soon. It's nice to have a face to the new friends/ therapists/ wedding advisors. Lol

Originally Posted by zeman321 View Post

Okay, this is coming from a mother of the bride...I am getting the same response from a lot of people about my daughters DW and I just tell people that I think it's a great idea and that this is a great way to weed out the folks that would only be there because they feel obligated or are out for a free meal and drinks! You should see the looks on their faces! It totally shuts them up! I go on to say that we don't want anyone to feel obligated to go and that we only want the people there that truley want to be there. My daughter wants to be surrounded by those she loves and love her....not a bunch of people who didn't have anything better to do that night! Sorry if I sound bitchy, but I'm all for telling the truth...if they don't like it, oh well.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!! You sound like a great mother! You sound like mine! LOL It's so true, after the fiasco of my engagement party where family I DIDN'T invite showed up, we were like screw this! and yes i had to pay for these party crashers!

You guys are all awesome. :0)

I'm up! Heading to Michaels to figure out how I can liven up my STD envelopes. Plus I need to add magnetic tape to the back of the cards so ppl can tick them to fridge.

Gotta keep it moving!

May I suggest everyone that doesn't have a picture attached to their names perhaps put one up if they're comfortable soon. It's nice to have a face to the new friends/ therapists/ wedding advisors. Lol

Don't go crazy in michaels. and look for the coupons online before going in!