Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

Now might be a good time to purchase luggage on sale. Usually on sale for back to school with all the dorm supplies

I read an article online last year about when the best time to buy stuff like luggage is..... I can't recall what it said HAHA    maybe google it 

Back to school is a good time to get stuff!!

There will always be late bookers lol. I would probably make the RSVP date by Oct. for the late ones who miss the deadline. I sent out my invites in June and gave them a deadline by Nov 15, mainly for myself to plan accordingly...That went out the window! I just bought 50 of everything lol. But I know most people won't book their stuff until then anyway, my family is last minute with everything. And I just figured...they know when and where, it's up to them to get there if they really want to be there. That's how my parents calm me down. "Whoever really wants to go, will go, they know how to get to DR" LOL
Good thinking! I like the November RSVP idea. It works for my timeline cuz I wanted to send my formal invites in dec/jan to remind them about the warm weather lol

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

LMAO! !!!! You sure won't! ! You ladies have me looking crazy laughing at my phone! a

i'm sure i won't i think i'm moving fairly well. but now yall got be thinking i need to get a hookah as soon as i touch down in montego bay. lmao

• Community Manager

Okay ladies -  I need some sound advice from you all. (This might be kind of long - Sorry)

As you know I have a small invite list!  I didn't want to have to deal with "obligation invites"  Which is what made me decided on Parents and Sibling only!  My BFF is more like a sister to me then my sisters (not because I have any issues with them --they are my half sister and we never lived near each other so only in recent years now that they are "adults" have we gotten closer) and of course I couldn't invite a friend without having my FI invite a friend.  so that is where our guest list came from.

So all along my FI wanted to invite one of my Aunt & Uncle (one of my Dad's Sister)  and as much as I liked the idea it went against my rule... I didn't want to break my rule because I thought once I break it what's to say we don't keep breaking it.

As I have mentioned before my Sisters most likely wont be attending.... I get they might not be able to and that is fine -  what bothers me is that they were kind of rude when we told them (long story).   

One thing that bothered me about when we told them was that we were with my Aunt and Uncle - Who are VERY excited for us!  We had told them the night before we told my sisters because we knew they would be with us when we told my sisters.   They understood about the small ceremony and are happy they will be invited to the AHR.

So then I find out that the day after we told my sisters - My Aunt & Uncle had a conversation with my Step Mom about how happy they are for us and how amazing our wedding is going to be and how they would love to go but they totally understand about why we are doing what we are doing. 

This kind of breaks my heart because they sat there and watched my sisters be little Bs about the whole thing all while being so happy for us.

My point ---- I have been playing around with the idea of inviting them (I already have the plan on how to invite them with out it coming across like they are a second thought - so that is not an issue)  This will also mean we will invite my FIs Aunt who is his Godmother.. but she will probably not come anyways (he is fine with that - and I don't mind inviting her too if we do this)

My issue with inviting them is that I feel like this is opening up that door I didn't want open.  My Dad has another sister whom I am not as close with (I moved around a lot my whole life and am not really close to any of my family) and don't want to invite just to invite

Plus, she has two daughters but again I don't want to start inviting everyone - so cousins are out.  Plus so & so and so & so... you see where this is going. . . 

My FI wanted to invite them from the get go - but now that he knows I am thinking about it he says "Its your family - your decision"

I don't want to ask my Dad his opinion because he wanted me to invite them from the moment we told him our news. 

Lastly, selfishly, because my sisters might not be going it brings my inclusions down a level - meaning I would have to pay for some stuff that would otherwise be included so they would fill that gap.  However, it is not the only reason I am thinking about inviting them.

I know it is MY rule so it's not like I have to answer to anyone ... I am just really torn.

Any kind thoughts are welcomed : ) Thanks Friends!

*and breath* heheh

Okay ladies -  I need some sound advice from you all. (This might be kind of long - Sorry) As you know I have a small invite list!  I didn't want to have to deal with "obligation invites"  Which is what made me decided on Parents and Sibling only!  My BFF is more like a sister to me then my sisters (not because I have any issues with them --they are my half sister and we never lived near each other so only in recent years now that they are "adults" have we gotten closer) and of course I couldn't invite a friend without having my FI invite a friend.  so that is where our guest list came from. So all along my FI wanted to invite one of my Aunt & Uncle (one of my Dad's Sister)  and as much as I liked the idea it went against my rule... I didn't want to break my rule because I thought once I break it what's to say we don't keep breaking it. As I have mentioned before my Sisters most likely wont be attending.... I get they might not be able to and that is fine -  what bothers me is that they were kind of rude when we told them (long story).    One thing that bothered me about when we told them was that we were with my Aunt and Uncle - Who are VERY excited for us!  We had told them the night before we told my sisters because we knew they would be with us when we told my sisters.   They understood about the small ceremony and are happy they will be invited to the AHR. So then I find out that the day after we told my sisters - My Aunt & Uncle had a conversation with my Step Mom about how happy they are for us and how amazing our wedding is going to be and how they would love to go but they totally understand about why we are doing what we are doing.  This kind of breaks my heart because they sat there and watched my sisters be little Bs about the whole thing all while being so happy for us. My point ---- I have been playing around with the idea of inviting them (I already have the plan on how to invite them with out it coming across like they are a second thought - so that is not an issue)  This will also mean we will invite my FIs Aunt who is his Godmother.. but she will probably not come anyways (he is fine with that - and I don't mind inviting her too if we do this) My issue with inviting them is that I feel like this is opening up that door I didn't want open.  My Dad has another sister whom I am not as close with (I moved around a lot my whole life and am not really close to any of my family) and don't want to invite just to invite Plus, she has two daughters but again I don't want to start inviting everyone - so cousins are out.  Plus so & so and so & so... you see where this is going. . .  My FI wanted to invite them from the get go - but now that he knows I am thinking about it he says "Its your family - your decision" I don't want to ask my Dad his opinion because he wanted me to invite them from the moment we told him our news.  Lastly, selfishly, because my sisters might not be going it brings my inclusions down a level - meaning I would have to pay for some stuff that would otherwise be included so they would fill that gap.  However, it is not the only reason I am thinking about inviting them. I know it is MY rule so it's not like I have to answer to anyone ... I am just really torn. Any kind thoughts are welcomed : ) Thanks Friends! *and breath* heheh
Well In my opinion you should go ahead and invite them. I understand that you want a small ceremony but it'll still be small especially if your sisters might not go. You are obviously close to them as you have shared your plans with them and I believe you said previously that you haven't announced your engagement. FI must share a bond with them as well since he initially wanted to invite them. As for the other aunt and family uou aren't close to them so they shouldn't really feel any type of way about it. And if they do oh well it's your wedding and your wishes and that they should understand. .

I wouldn't even send it in luggage. I'd pack a nice sized box. Tape it well and check it. Don't forget you can't carry on all those liquids. Flight attendant giving you the no, no, no finger. Lol Jali. I don't know maybe you can look into shipping. I know people say its a nightmare but I dunno when we ship huge boxes to Dr with clothes and crap for our family we send a huge barrel with those " shipping companies" it's like 100 bucks. That's not too bad

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

I wouldn't even send it in luggage. I'd pack a nice sized box. Tape it well and check it. Don't forget you can't carry on all those liquids.

Flight attendant giving you the no, no, no finger. Lol

Jali. I don't know maybe you can look into shipping. I know people say its a nightmare but I dunno when we ship huge boxes to Dr with clothes and crap for our family we send a huge barrel with those " shipping companies" it's like 100 bucks. That's not too bad

Oh you just reminded me that I saw a post on here from a bride that packed all her stuff in bins ... like rubber maid bins (cheapish ones) ... checked them as luggage but then she just left them at her destination .. since they were only 5 bucks or so a piece she didn't mind leaving them... Maybe do that instead of luggage??

i'm sure i won't i think i'm moving fairly well. but now yall got be thinking i need to get a hookah as soon as i touch down in montego bay. lmao
Ok crazy ladies , I meant a chuppa as in the Jewish arch to get married under not a hookah to smoke up with. But, it's a good idea. Lol