Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

It definitely has its perks. But like with any other job that deals with people... Smh! I've seen and heard so much crazy ish. I swear people lose their minds when the cabin becomes pressurized. Also , days like today Shen I wake up at noon like a college girl ( lol) I feel like crap. 9 years of erratic schedules. :0/ Yet, the health insurance is great and I fly relatively free. That will always trump all. It feeds my wanderlust . Lol
I can imagine all the stories you have. Health Insurance is a necessity

I'm only at 48. I don't know if I'll make it before the wedding! LOL!
At the start I spent too much time " lurking" on here. No posting just reading. So jump right in. Comment or ask questions on anything. It's taken me over a month and I have about 30 posts to go but I wasted a lot of time

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

At the start I spent too much time " lurking" on here. No posting just reading. So jump right in. Comment or ask questions on anything. It's taken me over a month and I have about 30 posts to go but I wasted a lot of time

That's exactly what I did...lurked for months until we finally booked the wedding! Now I'm kicking myself! I'm actually still reading through the whole thread from the beginning!!! Darned everyday life keeps getting in the way!

If you all could give me one or two pieces of advice on planning a destination wedding, what would they be? We picked the resort we really wanted and went with it even though we probably could have found a cheaper place for guests. I figured it was my daughters day and she should have it where she wants! Getting ready to order save the dates as soon as she gets back from out of town. We need lots of advice! Already having people back out that said they would be there....And haven't even sent the save the dates yet! LOL!  Not going to let it put a damper on things...I keep telling her that we will be there and so will his family...that's all you need, really! 

Originally Posted by zeman321 View Post

If you all could give me one or two pieces of advice on planning a destination wedding, what would they be? We picked the resort we really wanted and went with it even though we probably could have found a cheaper place for guests. I figured it was my daughters day and she should have it where she wants! Getting ready to order save the dates as soon as she gets back from out of town. We need lots of advice! Already having people back out that said they would be there....And haven't even sent the save the dates yet! LOL!  Not going to let it put a damper on things...I keep telling her that we will be there and so will his family...that's all you need, really! 

My two are:

1-Make sure you read the resort contract fully and plan realistically for add-ons and up charges.  I went into it thinking that what was included in our package was inclusive enough that I wouldnâ€t want or need anything extra. That lasted two days before I was like “oh I want this and that†and this and that cost extra $...

2-You canâ€t please everyone and canâ€t take things personally. The wedding is about your daughter and her soon to be husband, sounds like she has a supportive and involved mother (sheâ€s lucky!). Most likely everyone will not be like you but at the end of the day itâ€s not anyone elseâ€s wedding but theirs if someone doesnâ€t like it, thinks theyâ€re being selfish, etc they donâ€t need to come.

Well to me I think it might be what your already telling your daughter. Important thing im realizing is that with DW you get a lot of opposition from family and friends. Don't let it get you down or stop you from having your dream wedding. Remember the day is about FI and you. Those fam/friends that want to be there will be. There are those who really want to come and truly can't afford too also. Let her know enjoy the planning as well it can be fun. I've met some great girls on the boards. We have a blast

I also feel bad for the guests ... our #1 choice is Secrets which isn't totally over the top but is pricier than other Jamaica options.  But at the same time, it's our wedding and we feel that is the best option for us .. now hopefully, we can get a date ...
Have you checked out Alexis' s planning thread. She was married at secrets. Her thread was fabulous so detailed. Pics amazing looked so pretty