Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Hahah awesome! I can see it now "YOU WILL FILL UP MY BOTTLES! IT IS MYYYYY WEDDING!!" hhehehe
Seriously though!!! I already warned my fiance. But im sure my dad will enable me lol. Esp since we always go to this resort! Hmmph!!! Lol

• Community Manager
If you girls dont mind, how much are you spending on flight and rooms for you and your fi? I kinda wanna splurge
I can't look at air fare yet.... so I have no idea.. I feel like of bad for my guest - I was able to give them a starting price on the minimum room stay but we all have to wait to find out flight charges. I say if you want to and can afford to splurge Go for it. Get a quote for two options and then figure out what comes with the more expensive option - see if it feels like it is worth it :) It is your wedding after all heheheh

If you girls dont mind, how much are you spending on flight and rooms for you and your fi? I kinda wanna splurge
We are going to be frugal on this I think... I'm a flight attendant so although I fly relatively free I'm going to purchase our flights to DR. So we aren't standby. ( he's so spoiled now he was like " we are going to buy a flight? ) hahaha. I gave him " the look" no Hun , we are going to go Standby to our own wedding and Pray we get on . If not ! People can just party without us". Lol! But we will probably non rev back. Every dollar helps. He'll that can even pay for my fire show. :0) the room I have to decide on. Probably wont do much more than an upgraded room. On our honeymoon whenever that will be , I'll go big!

• Community Manager
We are going to be frugal on this I think... I'm a flight attendant so although I fly relatively free I'm going to purchase our flights to DR. So we aren't standby. ( he's so spoiled now he was like " we are going to buy a flight? ) hahaha. I gave him " the look" no Hun , we are going to go Standby to our own wedding and Pray we get on . If not ! People can just party without us". Lol! But we will probably non rev back. Every dollar helps. He'll that can even pay for my fire show. :0) the room I have to decide on. Probably wont do much more than an upgraded room. On our honeymoon whenever that will be , I'll go big!
HAha Men are funny!!! Fire Show - like Fire Dancers? I was thinking about doing that. Your going on a separate honeymoon - what were you thinking about doing for that?

Im going to think about it, we're def getting an upgraded room, i dont care too much for first class esp at the ridiculous rates they charge you. But we're not splurging too much on the wedding, mil is paying for the full dj package with the fire show and my parents are taking care of the photographer so im thinking the basic air/hotel package for the basic room is about $1600 for the 7 nights, we could spend a little more ti get a better room altho all of the rooms are great lol. Supposedly fi's grandfather is payong for our honeymoon to st. Vincent, since the fiance is from there and we'll head over to the grenadines but we'll see. We're also looking at possibly just buying a condo/coop since it comes out about the same as rent here in nyc smh

Originally Posted by DeeP10 View Post

We are going to be frugal on this I think...

I'm a flight attendant so although I fly relatively free I'm going to purchase our flights to DR. So we aren't standby. ( he's so spoiled now he was like " we are going to buy a flight? ) hahaha. I gave him " the look" no Hun , we are going to go Standby to our own wedding and Pray we get on . If not ! People can just party without us". Lol!

But we will probably non rev back. Every dollar helps. He'll that can even pay for my fire show. :0)

the room I have to decide on. Probably wont do much more than an upgraded room. On our honeymoon whenever that will be , I'll go big

we have not booked our flight yet as we are just this past week within our 330 day window to be able to see cost of flights. our flights are running an average of about  490.00pp and to ssay at resort we will be at it's 2500.00 for week for the both of us. which i felt was pretty good considering all rooms at resort are oceanview and each has private balcony

Originally Posted by shugapop1 View Post

we have not booked our flight yet as we are just this past week within our 330 day window to be able to see cost of flights. our flights are running an average of about  490.00pp and to ssay at resort we will be at it's 2500.00 for week for the both of us. which i felt was pretty good considering all rooms at resort are oceanview and each has private balcony

he and i have been together for little over 9 years and living together for 6. so while we want this to be a very nice event, we both are everyday working class people who also realize tht we have to live with everyday bills and expenses whenn we return home. lmao