Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

Great to know..

Update to a Question I asked a few pages ago..... I stopped by Dollar Tree today to see if they happened to get anymore Purple tumblers in. They DID I got the amounted I needed Yippy! So now I have all of them that I need. Anyways, back to my point. . . . I asked the manager there if I was to purchases stuff online and didn't up needed the amount that I had to buy because of the case quantities, could I return it to the store. You can't actually return anything to the store (even purchases you made at the store) you can only do a merchandise exchanges... she said that YES you can exchange things you bought on line for stuff in the store! Wanted to pass that along to you all : )

• Community Manager
Thanks love those ideas. .uou doing personalized msgs and bringing sand home for AHR guests.. Not on this post but for the three days your requiring guest to stay..what do you have planned?
Welll... that is a good question! I think I will make the dates the 21st - 24th --- The wedding is on the 22nd so obviously this day will be taken up with the wedding - reception- pictures - after party (thinking about getting fire dancers) I know I will be doing a cocktail hour - just not sure when yet. I am thinking about doing a group excursion ... either one were I buy tickets for everyone.. but I'm afraid some people might not want to do it. so i was also thinking maybe just booking one for us and letting people know if they want to join they can get tickets. I will probably do this for lunch or dinner on the 23rd (just tell everyone where we will be and if they want to join us come at a specific time) -- anything like this I will have planned ahead of time - I just don't know yet. For the most part I don't want to have too many things planned for everyone because I want them to be able to enjoy the trip in whatever way they want. Since it is AI I'm not worried about having to entertain everyone. Sandals includes lots of activities they can take advantage of plus there are tons of things to check out on the island OR they can just take their tumblers to the pool bar and enjoy hahahahaha I do know that I will be giving them welcome bags the day they arrive - wedding bags on the wedding day - and departure bags the day they leave : ) The three nights is actually a Sandals thing... if anyone didn't want to stay three nights I would have just had to pay a little extra for some of the things I will get included because they are all staying three nights. Most everyone is staying longer and noone had an issue with the 3 nights so it worked out well for me :D

Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

I decided a wedding website wouldn't be necessary for us. I didn't want to go crazy on my STDs so I'm sending a magnet with just our picture, name/location of resort and our wedding date. Thanks to this forum I found threads with great ideas on this. I borrowed the wording from a bride and will be including an insert along with the STD, here is what it says:

Arrangements and accommodations should be made directly with (Travel Agency Name). In order to keep our group travel plans coordinated, we encourage you to contact (name of travel agent) at your earliest convenience for discounted pricing and availability. A minimal deposit can be placed to hold your flight and room. Prices include your room, all meals and airport transfers. We look forward to sharing this special day with you! (At the bottom I included address/phone/email of travel agency.

Hope this helps! :)

Perfect, Thank you!

Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

I decided a wedding website wouldn't be necessary for us. I didn't want to go crazy on my STDs so I'm sending a magnet with just our picture, name/location of resort and our wedding date. Thanks to this forum I found threads with great ideas on this. I borrowed the wording from a bride and will be including an insert along with the STD, here is what it says:

Arrangements and accommodations should be made directly with (Travel Agency Name). In order to keep our group travel plans coordinated, we encourage you to contact (name of travel agent) at your earliest convenience for discounted pricing and availability. A minimal deposit can be placed to hold your flight and room. Prices include your room, all meals and airport transfers. We look forward to sharing this special day with you! (At the bottom I included address/phone/email of travel agency.

Hope this helps! :)

this is very helpful. I think I'm doing a simple luggage tag StD with our name, date, resort/location and our website (whenever I get around to it) but I like the idea of adding an insert for the travel agent