Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

What type of STDs are you sending out? I used a passport type. I did include website address but also TA info..resort info. .passport required. You can have multiple pgs for accommodation, travel, etc. If your doing boarding passes same info can be used..it would be fine whatever your sending to add an additional page with info and not have a website

I have a quick question for all you ladies. What, if any, info did you send with your save the dates? Any travel info or did you just give your wedding website? We really didn't want to do a wedding website, Would it be too awful to give the travel agent info on the back of the save the dates? Or put a page in the envelope with the save the dates? I really need some input here. Thanks!

I did message in a bottle save the dates with our names, date, and location. In the box i added the TA card & our wedding website at our engagement party on the 27th im giving evryone a booklet from the resort, info sheet, and dreams sent me spa bath balls

I have a quick question for all you ladies. What, if any, info did you send with your save the dates? Any travel info or did you just give your wedding website? We really didn't want to do a wedding website, Would it be too awful to give the travel agent info on the back of the save the dates? Or put a page in the envelope with the save the dates? I really need some input here. Thanks!
I am in the process of sending out magnet save the dates that include several pictures, wedding date, wedding website, and location. To save money I'm going to VistaPrint to print out the travel agent information and mini travel details on an insert and send that out. I'm sending boarding pass invitations in September.

I decided a wedding website wouldn't be necessary for us. I didn't want to go crazy on my STDs so I'm sending a magnet with just our picture, name/location of resort and our wedding date. Thanks to this forum I found threads with great ideas on this. I borrowed the wording from a bride and will be including an insert along with the STD, here is what it says: Arrangements and accommodations should be made directly with (Travel Agency Name). In order to keep our group travel plans coordinated, we encourage you to contact (name of travel agent) at your earliest convenience for discounted pricing and availability. A minimal deposit can be placed to hold your flight and room. Prices include your room, all meals and airport transfers. We look forward to sharing this special day with you! (At the bottom I included address/phone/email of travel agency. Hope this helps! :)

I've done message in a bottle for my thank youffavors
Oh wow that's what I wanted to do I figured would be cute keepsake. .but nervous about guests keeping them in tact and bringing them home with. Thinkin maybe for AHR using them as the favors. So undecided. If not favors then maybe. Invitations although wanted to do boarding pass invitations. What do you ladies think?

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by zeman321 View Post

I haven't sent my yet.. but I only plan on sending a little note with it that say "we finally picked a date. . . .(blah blah blah)  Brief details about the location (I have already told them Sandals in St. Lucia) so I will include the name of the resort we picked (since there are 3 sandals in St. Lucia) and the MUST stay days...  the actually STDs only have the wedding date on them but I'm asking everyone to stay 3 nights (Everyone has told me they plan on saying more nights so) so I will include the nights they have to be there for.

I will be following this up with an email with more info.  ie:  the TA's name and contact info - links to the sandals website and other misc. things I want to let them know at this point.

One of the packages I am sending out at a later date will be filled with info about St. Lucia and more specifics info about Sandals.

I do not plan on doing a wedding website - this may change who knows hahaha

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by Lori Granados View Post

I decided a wedding website wouldn't be necessary for us. I didn't want to go crazy on my STDs so I'm sending a magnet with just our picture, name/location of resort and our wedding date. Thanks to this forum I found threads with great ideas on this. I borrowed the wording from a bride and will be including an insert along with the STD, here is what it says:

Arrangements and accommodations should be made directly with (Travel Agency Name). In order to keep our group travel plans coordinated, we encourage you to contact (name of travel agent) at your earliest convenience for discounted pricing and availability. A minimal deposit can be placed to hold your flight and room. Prices include your room, all meals and airport transfers. We look forward to sharing this special day with you! (At the bottom I included address/phone/email of travel agency.

Hope this helps! :)

This is good... thanks!

• Community Manager
Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

Sooo true Rayn the peer pressure. .that's what im gonna have to tell FI when I keep adding things on.hahaha

Hahaha - that is a good idea!

Thanks love to hear updates
Great!!

Good they just had to grow on you
Yeah.. I just need to pay more attention when I order stuff hahah - I get so excited and just click click pay Haha

Yes it is and she would love that. She's still trying to convince us to have the wedding there and cancel DW.. never thought about the park. Will look into that thanks.

Cool - Keep me posted!  If I come up with any other ideas I will let you know cool.gif

• Community Manager
Oh wow that's what I wanted to do I figured would be cute keepsake. .but nervous about guests keeping them in tact and bringing them home with. Thinkin maybe for AHR using them as the favors. So undecided. If not favors then maybe. Invitations although wanted to do boarding pass invitations. What do you ladies think?
I think boarding pass invites are really cute... but part of me feels bad that someone might think I sent them a real ticket until they realize what it is HAHA I am doing a message in a bottle attached to the favors. Most everything else that everyone will get will be the same message to everyone - because it will be general info that needs to be the same or things that I plan on using corny wording for .. so again all the same. So I am using the bottle messages as a way of giving each person a personal message. I will write the ones to my family and my FI to his. I will put a little sand in them from the beach once I get down there - I'll include that in the note in hopes that they keep it as a keepsake if they want. If not no biggy I guess. Favors for your AHR is cute! Maybe you can bring home some sand to put in them so then all your guest will have a piece of your wedding even if they couldn't make it to your destination :)