Any other 2014 brides here getting an early start?

beachbride14

O wow really that long and I haven't even went out once dress shopping. I guess I better get on the ball! What kind of dress did you choose? Congrats to you important hurdle done.

I got my dress Sunday, I can't wait to wear it!!! When I ordered it they told me it could take up to 6 months to ship and they like 4 months for alterations but if they only had 2 for mine it'd be okay. They called me yesterday though and luckily my dress is shipping from the designer Sept 30 so I'll have about 4 months for my alterations! 

Were you able to make a decision or still looking? Im worried won't be able to decide.
I think so, my wedding has been pushed back to October 2014 so I have time. I did find that even though I loved many there is one that I've just loved all along. Don't worry you will know when you find it :)

Originally Posted by tyrebride2b2013 View Post

O wow really that long and I haven't even went out once dress shopping. I guess I better get on the ball! What kind of dress did you choose? Congrats to you important hurdle done.

I actually ended up getting the very first dress I tried on (after trying on several others, THE ONE a few more times and going to another shop to try on other designers).  I loved it the moment I put it on and once they added the belt and my sister added a necklace I knew it was the one!  It's definitely the funnest thing I've done wedding planning.  It's a Sincerity Bridal Gown which is made by Jason Alexander.  I put a link to the dress below...my belt is a little different than the one in the picture but very similar, I LOVE it. 

http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/sincerity-bridal/3666  

Wow absolutely beautiful I love your dress! ! Hope im not to indecisive when I go..im the worse at decision making.

I actually ended up getting the very first dress I tried on (after trying on several others, THE ONE a few more times and going to another shop to try on other designers).  I loved it the moment I put it on and once they added the belt and my sister added a necklace I knew it was the one!  It's definitely the funnest thing I've done wedding planning.  It's a Sincerity Bridal Gown which is made by Jason Alexander.  I put a link to the dress below...my belt is a little different than the one in the picture but very similar, I LOVE it.  http://www.theknot.com/wedding-dress/sincerity-bridal/3666  

Thank you. I had them done by allurements by Rebecca. .she's the best. What is your wedding date? And where? Sorry if its already on the board on my phone I can't see wedding dates and location like on the computer. .atleast you have one person asked. I am going to ask my cousin who just got married last month but wanted to wait until she was all done with ber wedding stresses. The others im not 100 % sure on... good luck to you too! Did you ask in person?
I'm getting married December 13, 2014 at the Jellyfish in Punta Cana. I'm still deciding what resort we'll be staying at.
I also want to wait until booked but don't want to wait too long either. I guess I will go ahead and ask within the next month or two. I do have a dilema. His BM is his best friend like a brother to him. He was married two years ago and ofcourse FI was his BM. I was not in the wedding his wife and him are the godparents to our children. We are friends but they were friends first they all grew up together they reference each other as brothers and sister. They are all assuming that she is a BM however I had no intentions of making her one now I don't know what to do. Am wrong to not ask her? Or do I just bite the bullet and ask her?
You cannot ask someone to be in your party out of pressure or guilt. Speak to the fiancé about the assumptions and how he should help you stop this.
Cherina I love your mantra. I can't wait until I can be at that point. Big problem of mine stressing over things and caring too much of what people think
Agreed! But eventually we must remember the day is about the bride and the groom only.
I really hate that you're being put in this situation.  So unfair.  I think it's time to sit down with your FH and have an honest conversation about how you feel.
I agree, the fiancé needs to back you up.
Ha!!! I totally agree brownsugar!!! I've gotten so much crap about having a destination wedding  and i'm just like well that's what WE want. Unless you got $30k, you're willing to shell out on a NY wedding, I'm sorry we're not settling! 
That has been my answer lately when his family or others try to put their input on how OUR wedding should be taking place or what decisions we need to make.

ma329 the jellyfish is a restaurant? FH and I have been talking about this over the weekend. her being in the wedding. I explained how I hadn't planned on her being in the wedding and didn't really know if I wanted her to be in it . He understood and says the girls are my choice and apologies for assuming. I'm more relieved now. Not 100% sure who I am choosing as of yet but I wanted to make the choice on my own not have my girls picked for me. Its really important to him I might very well ask her but it'll be my choice.