Photo

Any Brides Getting honeymooning seperately from DW location?

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 RandL2015

RandL2015
  • Site Supporter
  • 260 posts
  • Wedding Date:November 26, 2015
  • Wedding Location:Secrets Wild Orchid, Montego Bay Jamaica
  • LocationCharlotte, NC

Posted 29 May 2014 - 02:32 AM

We are staying at our wedding resort for 7 days, then continue the honeymoon at Sandals Negril for 4 more days. We always wanted to visit Negril and stay at a Sandals resort. This way we don't have to pay new air fare to book a separate trip.

#32 MrsRoy

MrsRoy
  • 90 posts

Posted 29 May 2014 - 03:38 AM

I don't think we want to he gone for 2 weeks... Just seems to long to be away from home and a whole week away from my son so we will prob do the 10 days and send everyone home in the 7th day... It's more than enough time for us,

Edited by MrsRoy, 29 May 2014 - 03:39 AM.

Using Tapatalk

#33 jayejayelynn

jayejayelynn
    • 165 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 22, 2015

Posted 29 May 2014 - 06:48 AM

My FI and I are going 5 days earlier than our guests to relax and prepare for the wedding. We were thinking of taking our honeymoon a few months after to some place completely seperate..

Thinking St. Lucia! Anyone have any recommendations? 

#34 jeffandrobyn

jeffandrobyn
    • 227 posts
    • Wedding Date:July 12, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Now Sapphire

Posted 15 October 2014 - 07:15 AM

We are switching resorts but not destinations. Our itinerary looks like this: 

July 8 - Arrive at Now Sapphire

July 12 - wedding 

July 14 - Depart for honeymoon - El Dorado 

July 19 - head home

Edited by jeffandrobyn, 15 October 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#35 Mrsktobe

Mrsktobe
    • Site Supporter
    • 371 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 11, 2014
    • Wedding Location:Grand Bahia Principe Akumal/Blue Venado Beach Club
    • LocationOkotoks, AB

Posted 15 October 2014 - 10:38 AM

Same resort whole time here but we aren't really looking at it as our honeymoon. Just two weeks in paradise with friends. We will be heading to the pacific coast in feb/march on our own, so that will be our honeymoon then :)

#36 ChiTiff

ChiTiff
    • 48 posts
    • Wedding Date:April 25, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Generations Riviera Maya, Mexico
    • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 November 2014 - 05:55 PM

I really like these ideas!  My FH were fretting about what to do for our wedding, as he wants to hang out with his family that is staying after the wedding.  I kind of feel like it might be weird for me because it's his side of the family only (they're wonderful people, but they live pretty far away from us so I've only spent time with them about 3 times on holidays).  

We had considered staying the area right after the wedding, but I sort of like the idea of just doing something later in the year, though it will be tough to get more time off of work.  

And I'm glad I'm not a monster for not wanting to hang out with his family in MX (or at least, not the only one). :)

#37 smileitseb

smileitseb
    • 310 posts
    • Wedding Date:May 3, 2015
    • Wedding Location:Dreams Riviera Cancun
    • LocationIndianapolis, IN

Posted 02 January 2015 - 07:14 AM

We are staying at our wedding resort from Thursday thru Monday (getting married Sunday) and then heading to our honeymoon resort Monday thru Saturday!

This way we can truly relax and not feel like we have to entertain our guests for the rest of the week that are staying :)

Has anyone honeymooned or planning to honeymoon at Secrets Maroma, Secrets at the Vine, or Secrets Silversands? We are trying to choose between the 3 of those!

58 guests plus bride and groom
    Ceremony: Gazebo
    Reception: Pool Deck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users