18 replies to this topic

#11 shannonmarie

shannonmarie
  • 683 posts
  • Wedding Date:June 14, 2013
  • Wedding Location:Now Jade Rivera Cancun - Pergola
  • LocationCharlotte, North Carolina

Posted 26 July 2012 - 10:44 AM

I too think you should go with the one you love!

62 guest booked, plus Bride and Groom!

#12 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
  • 438 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:06 AM

I love the second dress and you could wear a higher heel and you would be more comfortable and able to dance more .  You can take bridal portraits in the first one then sell it.  That way you have pictures of yourself in both dresses. 

#13 AllieH

AllieH
    • Resort/Area Ambassadors
    • 2,014 posts
    • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
    • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
    • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:22 AM

I say go with the dress you love. You will find shoes you like. I also would say go with a 2" heel - if the dress isn't flush against the floor, I don't know that it'll make that big of a difference.

Are there any options for a skilled seamstress to add another layer to the bottom of your 1st dress for the extra length you want for heels? maybe a bit of tulle at the bottom, or even another layer of the pleats/ruffles?

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#14 ChocoTaco7568

ChocoTaco7568
    • 955 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 11:52 AM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

I say go with the dress you love. You will find shoes you like. I also would say go with a 2" heel - if the dress isn't flush against the floor, I don't know that it'll make that big of a difference.

Are there any options for a skilled seamstress to add another layer to the bottom of your 1st dress for the extra length you want for heels? maybe a bit of tulle at the bottom, or even another layer of the pleats/ruffles?

Allie, you are a genius.  I have raised this concern to my friends, family and even my Fi (who respond by saying "I thought you wanted your dress to cover your feet"...doesn't get it) and you're the first to suggest this. I didn't even consider this option and it's seemingly the easiest remedy and hopefully cost effective. My seamstress has quite the reputation so I feel confident that she should be able to pull this off.  And I'll be able to wear fantastic shoes! FYI...Wearing 1" heels, the dress is 1/4" off the ground .

#15 Adesir8

Adesir8
      • Site Supporter
      • 108 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by AllieH 

what a great idea!

#16 AllieH

AllieH
        • Resort/Area Ambassadors
        • 2,014 posts
        • Wedding Date:November 5, 2012
        • Wedding Location:El Dorado Royale, Riviera Maya MX
        • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 26 July 2012 - 01:11 PM

ok, this short chick has major envy of your height!

Allie, you are a genius.  I have raised this concern to my friends, family and even my Fi (who respond by saying "I thought you wanted your dress to cover your feet"...doesn't get it) and you're the first to suggest this. I didn't even consider this option and it's seemingly the easiest remedy and hopefully cost effective. My seamstress has quite the reputation so I feel confident that she should be able to pull this off.  And I'll be able to wear fantastic shoes! FYI...Wearing 1" heels, the dress is 1/4" off the ground .

Official El Dorado Royale/El Dorado Casitas Royale Thread <---check here for all info about EDR/EDCR

Wright Travel Agency <--for all your Destination Wedding needs! Contact the experts and reduce your stress. 

El Dorado Royale Brides Thread <---come chat with other EDR brides

AllieH's EDR 11-5-2012 Planning Thread <--because it was so awesome

#17 Mlite83

Mlite83
        • 384 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 06:40 AM

Keep the one that makes you happiest, from the sounds of it that is dress #1.  Dress 2 might be less expensive but this is the one time you can throw that logic out the window and go for what you really want!

#18 Branya2012

Branya2012
          • 200 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 07:27 AM

Ditto!

Originally Posted by shannonmarie 

I too think you should go with the one you love!

~ December 5, 2012 ~

~ Las Caletas, Mexico ~

#19 DestinationGirl

DestinationGirl
            • 166 posts

Posted 19 September 2012 - 08:34 AM

Personally I like the second dress better and it will save you money - win/win :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users