Changing Resorts after Wedding ???

Hello everyone!  Anyone else looking to change resorts for their honeymoon after the weddng?  We are getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach next year and was thinking of going to Ochos Rios or Negril.  I've heard wonderful things about both.  We were initially just going to switch to Iberostar Rose Hall Grand, but it would be a nice for change of scenery.  If anyone has any info or experience staying in or is going to stay in Ochos Rios or Negril, any information would be greatly appreciated!  One of our biggest things is that we don't want to incur alot of extra costs in doing this as far as travel.  We know that staying sonewhere else is going to cost us, but we basically don't want to hop on another plan to get to our second destination.

Thanks so much!!! 

Originally Posted by Mary3076 View Post

Hello everyone!  Anyone else looking to change resorts for their honeymoon after the weddng?  We are getting married at Iberostar Rose Hall Beach next year and was thinking of going to Ochos Rios or Negril.  I've heard wonderful things about both.  We were initially just going to switch to Iberostar Rose Hall Grand, but it would be a nice for change of scenery.  If anyone has any info or experience staying in or is going to stay in Ochos Rios or Negril, any information would be greatly appreciated!  One of our biggest things is that we don't want to incur alot of extra costs in doing this as far as travel.  We know that staying sonewhere else is going to cost us, but we basically don't want to hop on another plan to get to our second destination.

Thanks so much!!! 

wow not getting married in JA but I just asked this same question recently.  we are thinking of doing the same but not traveling on plane either would be more costly as well as waste honeymoon time traveling more.  I went to a wedding last hear at the RIU in JA was beautiful, I believe I was in negril. If you hare having guests then leaving the resort will ensure privacy during honeymoon period.  Does your hotel have a sister hotel maybe you could stay at one and still receive a honeymoon incentive since marrying on sister resort

I plan to head over to a Sandals or Couples resort after my wedding at the Iberostar Grand. I get bored easily and after 5 days I need change. Plus I'm Jamaican and my hubby isn't so I want to show him all of Jamaica so we will most likely bounce around. I want to head over to Kingston on my way home.

I thought about switching resorts after our wedding at Iberostar Beach too, but decided against it. Instead we are going to switch to the Rose a couple days after our wedding and most of our guests have left. From everything I have read so far, most brides say they loved the Beach or Suites but were blown away when they switched to the Rose. So I really don't wanna miss out on the Rose.

Also, we are hoping to schedule to two days of excursions off the resort to see more of the island (we paln on being in Jamaica for 2 weeks). That is what we did last year when we in Jamaica and got engaged. We stayed at Sandals Whitehouse which was absolutely awesome and really secluded and I highly recommend it if you do switch resorts. We booked a full day trip with Talk of the Tours and had a private driver for over 12 hours (and it was only $150). We had the best time, we were able to plan before hand what we absolutely wanted to do and then our driver showed us a lot of local sites and places that we would not have not seen otherwise. I strongly recommend doing this and can forward information to anyone interested as I still my email convos with them.  

We are not getting married in Jamaica, but we are switching resorts after the wedding, to a more intimate resort.  We are staying 5 nights at our wedding resort and 5 nights at our honeymoon resort both are in Punta Cana about a 30 minute drive apart and both are all inclusives   

Laura2013 - I think that's what we are going to do.  We talked about just going to the Grand.  Is that what you are talking about?  It just seems easier to do that and I've also heard really great things about that resort as well.  However, I would love to know more about Sandals Whitehouse.  No final decision has been made yet, but am definitely interested in knowing more about other resorts.  We are having many guests coming to the wedding who are also making this their vacation.  I told my fiance that although I love our family and friends very much, I don't want to see them after the wedding.  OMG that sounds so horrible, but hey...it's my honeymoon!  That is also another reason why I'm thinking I may want to change resorts. 

I agree with Fran too - change of scenery would be nice as I get bored as well.  Ugh - decisions, decisions!!!!