Photo

Huppa, Gazebo, Palapa, Arch?? What to do for ceremony?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Martoca

Martoca
  • Vendor
  • 88 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 04:19 PM

Week in and week out I see ceremonies on the beach or grass overlooking the beach in 

There are many different sizes and designs of the structure as an arch, gazebo, 4 pilars, rectangular, square, circular, natural palapa, ans so on, however once you have the structure as a base then decoration begins; although sometimes it is the feature in itself and not needed to be decorated. This depends on te structure and of course, you guessed it, the budget.

The two main parts of decoration are flowers and materials. The variety is such that we cannot go into this in one session but it could vary from any type of flower and any type of cloth or material like silk, satin, cotton, gause... Here in Puerto Vallarta I have seen Sarapes which are colorful and typical of the area for decorations. It truly is up to the bride and her style as to what to go with as long as it is consistent with the theme throughout the reception.
    Well, I hope this gives you ideas seĀ±oritas and you can start planning your ceremony with creative juices flowing wherever it is that you decide to tie the knot. We at Martoca Weddings will wish you the best and good travels.

#2 brownsugarbride

brownsugarbride
    • 599 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 11:35 AM

I'm planning to get married in Riviera Maya, but this post definitely gave me some food for thought!  I definitely will be taking the time to work with my planner to create a gorgeous chuppah for my ceremony!

#3 Martoca

Martoca
      • Vendor
      • 88 posts

Posted 06 June 2013 - 03:57 PM

It is a key part of your wedding for sure! Make it fun but meaningful at the same time :) Find a balance. DO not disrespect the vows by being too casual but you do not have to be so serious that it is boring and solemn :)

Good luck amigos!

#4 JillTran

JillTran
        • Vendor
        • 116 posts

Posted 07 June 2013 - 04:11 PM

@Martoca, These are great inspirations, thanks for sharing! I definitely agree, you have to have a balance!

#5 Martoca

Martoca
          • Vendor
          • 88 posts

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:06 AM

Hi Blue Petal :)

Muchas gracias for your post. We are here in Vallarta (West Coast Canadian Territory haha) so if you have clients who need a great independent Garden on the beach for their private vows we can help. We work with hotels all the time so that is fine as well.

Thank you and take care!

james@martoca.com

Jimmy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users