Photo

HELP! My wedding is next month @ The Grand Palladium in Punta Cana - Need DJ info

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 ashleyroth2

ashleyroth2
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 July 2012 - 05:37 AM

Hey brides! I wish I knew about this site a year ago. My wedding is next month. I am worried about the DJ... Anyone have an exp with the DJ they provide? If so how was it? THANK YOU

#2 elektrokitty

elektrokitty
    • 17 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 09:24 AM

Hi

For our June 2012 wedding we hired the resort DJ ($300 for 3 hours) for our beach party.  I'm not sure if they rotate DJ's, but the one we had didn't really speak English.  Wasn't a big deal to me since I'm fluent in Spanish.
      I can't remember his name.  I took my own music on a CD and ipod and handed those to the DJ to play.  I have to admit, he wasn't very enthusiastic, looked tired, did not interact with guests.  Basically sat in his beach bar hut and played music, just that.

I have heard good things about DJ Mannia (outside vendor), his price is around $800 I believe.

Hope this helps. 

#3 AlmostAGilbert

AlmostAGilbert
      • 1 posts

Posted 28 August 2012 - 04:19 AM

Hi there,

I am getting married at the Grand Palladium Palace October 7th, 2012.  I just found out about this site yesterday from another destination bride!!  I just wanted to know how your weddings went at the Palace.  We have been contemplating a private dinner vs a semi-private.  Also, I wondered if the Palace provided a sound system or anything for the actually wedding ceremony? 

Any answers would be much appreciated!!

Thanks!!

#4 Tink

Tink
        • 160 posts

Posted 04 September 2012 - 08:12 PM

Originally Posted by elektrokitty 

Hi

For our June 2012 wedding we hired the resort DJ ($300 for 3 hours) for our beach party.  I'm not sure if they rotate DJ's, but the one we had didn't really speak English.  Wasn't a big deal to me since I'm fluent in Spanish.
          I can't remember his name.  I took my own music on a CD and ipod and handed those to the DJ to play.  I have to admit, he wasn't very enthusiastic, looked tired, did not interact with guests.  Basically sat in his beach bar hut and played music, just that.

I have heard good things about DJ Mannia (outside vendor), his price is around $800 I believe.

Hope this helps. 

Dj mannia raised his prices :(  I think its $900 now. That's what he charged us, it might even be $950 right now. I hope he's worth the money because on top of his fee, we also have to pay a $180 fee to have them on the resort. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users