UPDATED ROSE HALL SUITES THREAD 2012-2014 BRIDES :)

Hello All,

I have been searching for information on the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and noticed that a lot of the forums here were started quite a while ago.  Maybe we can start posting new information, questions, pics and reviews here!

I am actually super early on my planning; I got engaged in April but I am not getting married until JULY 2014. 

I have tried contacting Nicole but have yet to recieve a response (no problem--I have lots of time), but nonetheless, I am super curious about dinner packages, food options, reggae band pricing, dj pricing, cocktail hour pricing, etc.

If any of you beautiful bride to be's out there have received a package from Nicole or any other WC at the Iberostar Rose Hall Suites and feel kind enough to send it over to me; I would be greatful!

jul_colu@hotmail.com  (there is an underscore _ between jul and colu jul_colu)

1. My most pressing question is this:  can I have my private reception dinner at the CALABASH (gourmet restaurant) for about 50 people? And be able to dance in here with a DJ? 

2. I originally wanted to have the dinner at the steakhouse and then dancing on the beach but I am concerned about being extremely hot in July.  Although we will be having the reception on the terrace area....any thoughts on that?

3. Also, I keep reading that people have been having welcome dinners, goodbye dinners and rehersal dinners at the restaurants.  If I, lets say, wanted to have a welcome dinner at the Japanese rest. for 50 people, is that something that can be done for no extra cost?

4.  How long before your wedding did you confirm a date with the Wedding Coordinator through email?  Is now too early for 2014 you think lol?

Looking forward to hearing some new reviews and starting a great new thread :)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Julia28,

I can help with some of the questions.

Though, have you actually booked yet? Did you go through a travel agent? They will sent you all the needed documents with all the pricing. You can find a lot of it here: (though, as you are two years away.. the prices will probably go up a bit.. I was told they may change slightly for my wedding next year)

http://www.weddingsbyiberostar.com/iberostar_rose_hall_suites_wedding_packages.htm

1. My most pressing question is this:  can I have my private reception dinner at the CALABASH (gourmet restaurant) for about 50 people? And be able to dance in here with a DJ? 

A: No, you have to little people to have a private reception. I have about 60 going as of now, and I was told no. However, you can book it out for a Semi-Private for $450 which means you have the restaurant to yourself for 2 hours... We are doing this, so we will have a short private space for eating and some speeches before heading outside for the dancing part on the beach.

2. I originally wanted to have the dinner at the steakhouse and then dancing on the beach but I am concerned about being extremely hot in July.  Although we will be having the reception on the terrace area....any thoughts on that?

A: I thought about the SH, but we too thought it to hot. I'm getting married next March, and even then thought it to hot, especially to us Canadians who aren't used to it. I wanted the guest to be comfortable, so we are going for the air conditioned restaurant for the dinner part, then move outside later when its cooler.

The terrace I can't comment on, we are doing ours on the beach. I hear its nice up there and private.

3. Also, I keep reading that people have been having welcome dinners, goodbye dinners and rehersal dinners at the restaurants.  If I, lets say, wanted to have a welcome dinner at the Japanese rest. for 50 people, is that something that can be done for no extra cost?

A: If you want a private event, there is a charge. We aren't going to bother having a private dinner (we also dont have the numbers anyway so we cant) as we are just going to get people together somewhere and have a gathering.

4.  How long before your wedding did you confirm a date with the Wedding Coordinator through email?  Is now too early for 2014 you think lol?

A: We confirmed ours about 10 months in advance, We basically took the day that was left in a 2 week time frame we gave them, as we are getting married on one of the busiest weeks of the year (easter) so you have LOTS of time as July is not the busiest time...Though, if you know for sure that's when, and the date you want, you might as well book it whenever.

Getting responses from the WC at Iberostar can be slow, I have been on communication with them but it took a few weeks, I hear the further you are from the date, the slower it will be, which I understand as they are busy with the 'now' brides. I got the basic information I needed and will now wait until next Jan/Feb time before bothering to secure all the final details when I will have their full attention.

Hope this helps!

That was extremely helpful and very kind of you to tell me all of that.  I will be doing the exact same ideas as you now because it actually more fun to dance on the beach; love it!  We can eat in the Air conditioning then go party on the beach.

I was curious, are you having a DJ for dinner or are you going to save him for the beach party, or both?

Are you going to have a bar set up on the beach?

Have you reserved your beach dancing and dinner with the WC upon booking your date or do you have to wait until Jan/Feb for that?

Thanks a lot; Its wonderful to see another Toronto bride going to the Iberostar :)

Have a wonderful night

Julia

Sorry one more thing:  if I were to book Calabash for 50-60 people (semi-private), I will be paying $450 on top of the per person seated dinner correct?  I thought I read somewhere that you have to pay $70 per person but I know that is for a private function so I am not sure how semi-private works? 

Thanks Kassi!

Hey Julia, No problem! Glad I could help :) As for the DJ for dinner, we have not decided that yet. We are thinking we might just rent the sound system and microphone and hook up an ipod to it for music as its only 2 hours so we wont really have time for a DJ and dancing (as we have to eat and stuff) We will have a DJ out with the Bonfire on the beach, with bar for a couple of hours, then we will head to the disco after (which will be free at that point). The Bonfire at the beach comes with a bar (Per hour fee), but you have to book/pay for the DJ separately. We won't reserve anything until the WC contacts us in Jan/Feb time frame. We just have it all worked out in our head, and will discuss it with her when the time comes. Cheers, K.

Awesome!  Thanks a bunch.

Since the restaurant is semi-private for dinner, besides the $450 you will be paying to rent it out, is there also a per person fee?  I know that with the ceremony package it includes 2-8 people then $18 person after that, so my assumption is, that $18/person includes our guests having dinner at the restaurant as well.  Can you just confirm that for me :)

Thank again for your helpful information,

Julia

There is no extra fee that I'm aware off. Its an AI resort, the wedding package already includes the dinner, you just have to pay extra for making it Private/Semi Private.... and then any extra (DJ, Decor, etc) But no.. you dont have to pay a per head fee.