Jump to content

Recommended Posts

What pages are you/did you include on your DIY passport invitations?

 

I'm wanting to add 1 page which leads to me adding 4..  So looking for good pages to include.. (need 3)

 

So far I have the following in book order:

  • Cover Page
  • Picture / Bride Groom info
  • Formal Invitation Page
  • Resort Page
  • Bars at the Resort and times
  • Dining Options
  • Dining Options 2
  • Children Ammenities and Services
  • Travel Information (Our TA's info)
  • General Information (What to wear & the weather)
  • Schedule of Events
  • Back Page

 

So we have our outer cover with print on the front and back and 2 pages inside printed on front and back.

 

What pages are yall using? :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ive seen some pictures of people putting in a couple puzzles into their passport books. Also a couple pages with pictures 'scrapbook style' of the parents and wedding party. :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

puzzles?.. never thought of that.. What kind?

 

Great idea about the bridal party! But we have a feeling one or two people may back out at the end, for the lack of saving money :-/ But I do plan on making a "facebook" look book type of thing to add all of the confirmed guests and a short bio, relation, etc for each person and add to the OOT bags. :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing I am playing with adding to our guest book table at our AHR, which could totally work in your passport, is a page each for "Things You May Not Know About Him/Her", with little tidbits about each of you, or "About Us"... since not all your guests would know little details. I incorporated that into a puzzle in our welcome books... things like, the first movie we watched together. Some easier stuff too, like name our pets. I am not sure how much that would fit for you though.

I am a teacher, so I put an information packet together about the country and region. You could do something on a smaller scale on a page. Or trivia.

In my classroom I have a daily "Did You Know?"... So I put a Wedding-themed "Did You Know" together as part of our one-month mail-out too. Things like, where certain traditions come from. Like why we wear wedding bands on our 4th finger left hand. Or the percentage of men who propose on bended knee.

Or wedding traditions around the world. This could be very cool if you include your family histories in them too.

Um...

You could add a couple engagement pictures, if you did those.

Did you want to include any note about photographs? I am not, but I have seen brides request, on a page, that wedding details be kept off facebook and other social media sites. Or to share pictures after the big day on shutterfly or whatever.

 

Or how about an RSVP page?

 

Hopefully some of those ideas helped! Good luck!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was wondering if anyone on this thread has used Aylee free template? I am having a really hard time trying to figure out how to change the info on the couple page with the picture! Please help!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by Peach View Post

 

One thing I am playing with adding to our guest book table at our AHR, which could totally work in your passport, is a page each for "Things You May Not Know About Him/Her", with little tidbits about each of you, or "About Us"... since not all your guests would know little details. I incorporated that into a puzzle in our welcome books... things like, the first movie we watched together. Some easier stuff too, like name our pets. I am not sure how much that would fit for you though.

I am a teacher, so I put an information packet together about the country and region. You could do something on a smaller scale on a page. Or trivia.

In my classroom I have a daily "Did You Know?"... So I put a Wedding-themed "Did You Know" together as part of our one-month mail-out too. Things like, where certain traditions come from. Like why we wear wedding bands on our 4th finger left hand. Or the percentage of men who propose on bended knee.

Or wedding traditions around the world. This could be very cool if you include your family histories in them too.

Um...

You could add a couple engagement pictures, if you did those.

Did you want to include any note about photographs? I am not, but I have seen brides request, on a page, that wedding details be kept off facebook and other social media sites. Or to share pictures after the big day on shutterfly or whatever.

 

Or how about an RSVP page?

 

Hopefully some of those ideas helped! Good luck!

 Thanks for all the great advice!!..

 

I think I may do 2 pages for accomodations.. One for regular rooms and the other for the elegance club (adults only section).. One page to go, with all your great input now to make a decision...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kay6356 View Post

I was wondering if anyone on this thread has used Aylee free template? I am having a really hard time trying to figure out how to change the info on the couple page with the picture! Please

Sorry, I didn't use Aylee's.. I tried her free one and even purchased  her other one.. But I didn't seem to like it to much so I created my own and then the wonderful Tova here helped me make my pages look amazing. They are still a work in progress since I'm planning to add these additional pages.

 

Try creating a forum under DIY Invites and call it "Help with Aylee's passport template"  or something like that. I believe many ladies used that one and should be a ton of help. :o)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally Posted by MissBubbles205 View Post

 

 Thanks for all the great advice!!..

 

I think I may do 2 pages for accomodations.. One for regular rooms and the other for the elegance club (adults only section).. One page to go, with all your great input now to make a decision...

You are most welcome!

Be sure to post pics when it is all done! I am sure a lot of ladies here would love to see them!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I stretched the Resort page into two.  It was the center of the book and having two pages gave more room for pictures and info about the resort.  I also added a page at the end with a short note from us with THANK YOU in big letters at the top.  I used that to mention we were having an AHR for those who couldn't join us in Mexico and that those invitations would be coming later.  Good luck with your Passports!  They were a lot more work than I realized but they were such a big hit and I was really happy I did them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×