Photo

AHR RSVP timeline?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Peach

Peach
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

I am working on our invite mock-up to our AHR, which is going to take place August 17, just about a month after our DW.

Here is my concern.

We are doing a fairly traditional, though somewhat casual, AHR. We WILL need numbers. It seems that most research I have done is saying to set the RSVP deadline a month ahead of time, which would take it to July 17... We are getting married on the 18 in the Dominican, and will be gone from the 13 to the 27. So I really cannot make the RSVP deadline for AFTER we get back, since that will not really allow much time... Do I make it for BEFORE we leave, and then call the stragglers when we get back? Or do I make it for during the time that we are gone and just deal with it all after we return? That would not be my favourite option.

Thoughts? I am trying to get as much as humanly possible done this summer, since I don't work during summers.

#2 Mufin1785

Mufin1785
    • 438 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:34 AM

We are sending out our AHR invitations with our DW invites using it as an enclosure card and RSVP lists both events so we will have our AHR and DW RSVPs at the same time so that will be taken care of before we leave.  We plan on mailing reminder postcards when we return to the the people who responded yes to the AHR, since it will be sent out earlier than normal.

#3 Peach

Peach
      • 1,293 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

We are sending out our AHR invitations with our DW invites using it as an enclosure card and RSVP lists both events so we will have our AHR and DW RSVPs at the same time so that will be taken care of before we leave.  We plan on mailing reminder postcards when we return to the the people who responded yes to the AHR, since it will be sent out earlier than normal.

Yes, I have heard of brides doing that. Unfortunately, it won't work out so well for us. We need to have our numbers for our DW before April, and so our RSVP for that is March. 

I just think March is WAY too early to expect RSVPs for that AHR for us... I was not intending on sending them out until June.

When are you getting them to RSVP by?

#4 shes2013

shes2013
        • 118 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:23 AM

I would just have the AHR Rsvp's in before you leave. a month in a half won't make much of a difference & you'd have no problem calling the stragglers :)

#5 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
          • 163 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:17 PM

I agree with shes2013. Have the deadline before you leave. Maybe even a couple of days before you leave so you can send out reminder notes or call. Or better yet, have someone else take care of the reminder calls when you are still away.

#6 FutureMrsCPM

FutureMrsCPM
            • 32 posts

Posted 14 January 2013 - 12:44 PM

I agree, RSVP before you leave. 

#7 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
              • 177 posts

Posted 18 February 2013 - 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Mufin1785 

Mufin1785,

Could you please share the wording that you use on your invites when you list both DW and AHR events together?  I think I want to do the same, so if some guests say no to the DW, they can say yes to AHR in one shot.

Thanks in advance!

#8 Kay6356

Kay6356
                • 543 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 24, 2014
                • Wedding Location:Iberostar Laguna Azul
                • LocationVaradero, Cuba

Posted 21 February 2013 - 03:02 PM

Originally Posted by ornxoxo 

Mufin1785,

Could you please share the wording that you use on your invites when you list both DW and AHR events together?  I think I want to do the same, so if some guests say no to the DW, they can say yes to AHR in one shot.

Thanks in advance!

We are doing passport invitations for the DW & including a insert invitation (basic) for our AHR.  Here is our rough draft to give you an idea:

And our rough RSVP boarding pass:

Hope this helps a little bit, for wording :)

#9 ornxoxo

ornxoxo
                • 177 posts

Posted 22 February 2013 - 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by Kay6356 

We are doing passport invitations for the DW & including a insert invitation (basic) for our AHR.  Here is our rough draft to give you an idea:

And our rough RSVP boarding pass:

Hope this helps a little bit, for wording :)

Awesome!  Thank you :-)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users