What do you do right when the ceremony is over?

When the ceremony is over & you walk down the aisle where do you go? We want to take pictures on the beach right after the ceremony so do we walk straight out to the beach? I'll probably need to touch up my makeup (I'm a cryer) so do we go back to our room? I don't want it to look like we started consumating the marriage immediately. I can imagine the timeline of the day except for that one part. So what did you do as soon as the ceremony was over?

I took everything with me to touch my makeup up after the ceremony. I just gave the bag to my WC and she put it somewhere for me... After the ceremony, we walked with everyone (and the trio) to the cocktail hour, then left for the beach to take pics. When we got back, the cocktail hour was over and we did the toast.

I think we're doing our toast immediately following the ceremony and then we're doing group & family pictures, our cocktail hour is going to start at 5, so that will give us some time to do our pictures, have our toast and then everyone can go to cocktail hour while we go take our pictures on the beach. I'm hoping we might make it back to catch the end of cocktail hour, but we'll probably miss all of it sad.gif

Since our wedding was small we greeted everyone after we walked down the asile and then Juan made an announcement that we were all going to do group shots on the beach right away. After the group shots, our WC led everyone to De Cortez so they could have a few drinks while DH and I finished taking pictures.

We did not walk back up the isle, we hugged our children then we spent a few minutes with our friends and family congratulating us. We had cocktails and champagne served to everyone right after the ceremony. We did our group and family shots and then we went off and had our pictures taken alone.

I am planning on walking back again in the aisle, followed by my 2 kids (flower girls, then each couple , then my 2 brothers. I will have a very small wedding and the reason for walking back in the aisle is to have pictures of each couple in the aisle then walk towards the beach for pictures...kinda like a chew chew train thing ! ! ! They are all going to be flowing me + FI.

After the group picture, peolple will go have a drink while we take pictures on the beach. That way, everyone in the group will be there...not taking a drink for the group pictures...

• VIP Member

Our wedding is at one and our cocktail hour isn't until 4. So, I think we'll walk back down the aisle and do the typical stand in a line and mingle, get congratulated stuff. Then we'll do a big group picture. After that I'll remind everyone of where they need to be at four and we'll leave for the beach with the bridal party and immediate family for photos.

After the ceremony we got caught up hugging & thanking everyone, since many of our guests arrived the day of the wedding. Then we walked down the aisle & everyone followed us up to the pool patio for our cocktail hour. We did a shot of tequila with everyone (great photo op) and then went back down to the beach for pics while our guests enjoyed drinks & apps.