Our Wedding at The Poop Deck on the beach- huge success!!!

emjonesnyc

Just wanted to write on our wedding that was June 15th at 6:30pm at the Poop Deck. Our wedding planner was Anna Fox and she was simply incredible. Everything exceeded our expectations. We set up the reception and ceremony right on the beach. We had a steel drum player and then a surprise Junkanoo Band that showed up during the reception (as well as our DJ- Lyndon- who was awesome!)

I can't think of a better way to get married and we were so happy. Anna did an incredible job.

We also used Daniel from King of Hearts Media as our videographer and he was AMAZING. Here is a snip of our video- 

He is a WONDERFUL videographer and I highly recommend him. His video was beautiful and we got it within days of the wedding! He's great!

Our photographer was DOnald Knowles and he was fantastic. Our pictures are beautiful and for two hours we got about 600 photos!! So wonderful. He and Daniel did an outstanding job.

Our guests all stayed down the road at the Sheraton and LOVED it. Tina, at the SHeraton, worked with us and she was so helpful.  

We had shuttles to take everyone to and from the wedding. All worked perfect!

So happy we got married in Nassau! Let me know if you have any questions.

Emily

Congratulations on a successful wedding! It sounds like it was perfect in every way! 

I've always wanted to try the Poop Deck and after hearing positive reviews - I will definitely check it out.

I am super jealous of the steal drums AND the junkaroo band! How amazing!

Thanks for sharing!

• 2 weeks later...

I had my wedding in Nassau recently... quick review for you guys.  I had 70+ people at the wedding.

Wedding planner: Anne Marie Williams from Weddings in the Bahamas was my wedding planner. she is very good and experienced. She has a good relationship with the vendors too which is helpful.  I would definitely recommend her services.

Venue:  Poop Deck at Sandyport. 

PRO:Good spot.  I was able to get married on the beach and then walk over the little bridge to the reception which is what I wanted.  I was deciding between the Poop Deck, Compass Point and Lucianos.   Poop Deck was the best option for a wedding my size and the venue was easy to work with.  The food was good, everyone was accommodating, better than I anticipated.

CON:  They didn't have someone walking the appetizers around in the cocktail party.  I would assume that is standard.  All of the appetizers were on a table for people to eat.  The little plates on the tables were cute with fishes on them but it wasn't really the stye I was going for and I never was told that or shown those plates prior to the wedding.  We extended our wedding by 20min and they were trying to get money out of me the second I walked off the dance floor.  I spoke to them and they calmed down but it was very strange.  Not sure why I couldn't just work with the wedding planner the day after the wedding and settle up for the extension.  It worked out fine in the end.

Overall the poop deck did a great job and it was a great place to get married and party.

DJ:  Jose Ageeb. Highly recommended and very good. give him an idea of what you want to play and let him do his thing.  He's a club dj but will play crowd pleaser music and get the crowd going.

Flowers: Wild Flowers.  My flowers on the centerpieces were wrong.  way off.  I blame this more on the wedding planner more than the florist but I let it go in the end as I did not pay for the upgrades for the orchids (which i never got) so it was fine. My bouquets and flowers for the ceremony were beautiful and correct.  Flowers were not that important to me but it was more of an annoyance as I had just gone over all the centerpiece flowers with the wedding planner 2 days before so there must have been some mix up. 

Hair:  Anne Marie Williams recommended a guy by the name of Allison for my hair.  he came to my villa and did my hair for the wedding.  He was amazing and my hair turned out perfect.  highly recommend. 

Photographer:  Dave Mason isphotographic.com.  I flew him down to Bahamas - he is in Indiana but will travel.  I had many people compliment how amazing his pictures were.  he is reasonably priced and is just outstanding. 

Hotel:  I wanted everyone to stay on Paradise Island so I asked people to stay at Sunrise Beach Villas and Comfort Suites.  I would recommend the villas over comfort suites Plus I saw the people at the villas all the time as I was staying there too. The villas has a bar Violas which was an excellent meet up spot.  A bunch of people stayed at the Hilton and the Sheraton as they got onine deals in those hotels.  I saw those people at the happy hours that I planned on the itinerary but not any other time besides the wedding  so I would try to get people to stay in the same hotel if you can.

Invitations:  I used Letterboxink.com.  The girl's name is laura nehls.  I found her on etsy.com.  The customized a boarding pass style invitation for us. Highly, highly recommended.  they turned out amazing and I got numerous compliments on them.

• 1 month later...

I am having my wedding in the bahamas in jan. I am using Anne marie Williams from weddings in the Bahamas.  we opted agains the poop deck only because i cannot stand sand on my feet and i woudl have to do a lot of upselling inorder to have the "picture perfect" reception i hve in my head (the chairs used at the poop deck are the green plastic ones... um no thank you.

we are having our wedding at compass point.  but i went to the bahamas this past jan to meet anne marie, to make sure she wasn't a scam artist.  and she took us around to some of the popular wedding spots and anywhere there is amazing! (sunrise villas - or is it sunset? is beautifull, onthe beach amazing walkway to the beach). 

anyways.  her pricing is on the website and facebook bage.. fb nam i think is destination weddings in the bahamas.  and the website is Weddingsinthebahamas.com    she offers several packages to make choices from. and MAN is it affordable.  all packages include flower for bride and groom, photography, music, license, minister.   and you can add on for a cake, limo ext.   i am having a soloist play, have our cake, a bus for my guests, video, photographer and its  about 3000.   she ahs a great  great package for a beach wedding too that includes the reception.   check out the web page. 

• 8 months later...

I know this is an old thread, but I just wanted to let you know that your ceremony was GORGEOUS. I actually contacted Anna earlier this week, and I was looking for photos/videos of the Poop Deck. I found your video (through google), and thought "I should send this to Anna to give her an idea of what we're looking for". It's sooooo eerie to find this post and find out she was your wedding planner!