Hi my name is Tara and I'm newly engaged and we want to do a destination wedding....but I have NO IDEA where to start...HELP
Canadian Newbie...Planning Destination Wedding
Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:40 AM
Hi Tara! Congrats and welcome! I'm no expert as I'm in the beginning stages as well, but here is the order I went in:
1) Have a rough idea of what your total budget is for the wedding
2) Research Research Research this forum on places (See Resort Reviews at the top)
3) Pick a location (Country, Resort, etc)
4) Decide if you want a travel agent or not (you can find them on here through Wright Travel), and get in contact with them re: room blocks, travel etc
5) Give yourself alot of planning time and let your guests know asap when you pick the resort. One of the things I did when I got engaged is talk to my core group (MOH, close family) to guage if they would be able to attend something like that. Then we started planning so no surprises. Not yet at least
We are 10 months away from wedding and I have reserved the room block at the hotel, reserved the date there, taken engagement pictures, asked our wedding party to be part of the big day, and plan to send out save the dates in the next 4 weeks.
Hope this helps, I"m sure others who are further along will have some better advice too!
Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:13 PM
For us the first thing we did was decide what we wanted from a resort (ex all inclusive vs non all inclusive, size of resort, amentities provided, wedding packages). We then came up with a budget. From there we started researching for what felt like forever (It was really only about a month before we decided on our location and resort. From our research we were able to narrow down the location and then the resort. Good luck!
Posted 14 August 2012 - 04:38 PM
Hi Angel33, Congrats on your wedding coming up and welcome to the forum! Lots of great suggestions from fellow brides and websites like ours where we help you decide which resort is the best fit for you.........check it out here......http://momentsthatma...singresort.html and all the best with your planning journey - enjoy!
Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya
Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do: MTM Reviews
Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!
We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
100% Deposit Guarantee
100% Satisfaction Guarantee
0 user(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users