Photo

I am A CHEAPO!

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 jak27

jak27
  • 715 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 10:21 AM

Amber, I just got back from Cabo last night, and Costco has several cakes that looked delicious, and a huge flan...like maybe 16" in diameter, that could serve a crowd. So check out Costco when you stock up on alcohol & water and you should definitely be able to find something!

#22 BRIDEZILLA

BRIDEZILLA
    • 151 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 01:11 PM

Quote:
      Originally Posted by jak27
      Amber, I just got back from Cabo last night, and Costco has several cakes that looked delicious, and a huge flan...like maybe 16" in diameter, that could serve a crowd. So check out Costco when you stock up on alcohol & water and you should definitely be able to find something!
      Thanks Jill!!!!

Now I can sleep at night!!!
      Amber & Joe
      [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

#23 annkaley

annkaley
      • 82 posts

Posted 01 October 2007 - 08:47 PM

Will you post pictures of the runners and ties you are making?? That sounds like such a good idea so you get the right color!

#24 Leia78

Leia78
        • VIP Member
        • 2,459 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 01:50 AM

Amber you are definately not alone!!! Thank goodness you said it...all my friends are having these elaborate, expensive weddings, and here I am trying to penny pinch every dollar.

#25 MsShelley

MsShelley

VIP Member

• VIP Member
          • 10,366 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 07:11 AM

Quote:
            Originally Posted by Leia78
            Amber you are definately not alone!!! Thank goodness you said it...all my friends are having these elaborate, expensive weddings, and here I am trying to penny pinch every dollar.
            same here... I am trying to make everything possible!!

#26 BRIDEZILLA

BRIDEZILLA
            • 151 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 02:14 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by annkaley
              Will you post pictures of the runners and ties you are making?? That sounds like such a good idea so you get the right color!
              I am almost finished! I will get them up when I do!
              Amber & Joe
              [sigpic][/sigpic]

http://daisyPath.com.../2/1/ 10/0/.png

#27 cassie06

cassie06
              • Site Supporter
              • 74 posts
              • Wedding Date:June 12, 2015
              • Wedding Location:Casa Dorada
              • LocationCabo San Lucas

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:21 AM

You don't sound cheapo at all. You actually sound like you are doing so many of the exact same things so many of us are planning to do as well.

I'm keeping flower costs down by using silk and transporting them -- no flowers for the guys -- myself and BM only.

Making and bringing all of our centerpieces as well (simple and under $5 each).

Got a great deal on my dress and got my TTD dress for a steal on eBay.

Bringing our iPod and renting only speakers instead of a DJ (but really so we can listen to what WE want and not what a resort DJ has available)

Made STD and invites on our own saved us literally HUNDREDS of dollars.

Our budget is $15K and we should be right on target -- hopefully!

Hi! If you are still on here I would love to hear about who you rented your speakers from and how the iPod went! :) I am wanting to do that too I think! 

me and the fiance + 61 guests + 1 week in Cabo while getting married = 1 happy girl B)

#28 DebbieSmith

DebbieSmith
              • 10 posts

Posted 12 May 2014 - 10:50 PM

I am with Cassie here, I want to know more information so I can borrow (I meant to write steal but ya know) your information. It sounds like you had everything planned out and were able to save some money that way. I am learning so much from just browsing here J

Does anyone have any experience buying from http://www.gymsource.com/treadmills ?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users