Photo

Riu Palace Cabo bride!!!

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Jessica1805

Jessica1805
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 04:47 PM

Hi everyone! I'm getting married May 2013 at the riu palace and was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions on planning the reception at the resort! Any recommendation would be great!!

#2 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
    • 116 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:21 AM

Hi Jessica! I'm also getting married May (11th) 2013 at Riu Palace! How exciting to find another bride doing the same. What is your date?

I have found alot of helpful info on here, if you look under the Destination weddings in Cabo threads or search on Riu Palace Cabo you will find lots of info. It sounds like it depends if you want to do the semi-private vs. private option as well as how many people you plan on having. Based on everything I've read, I'm hoping to have enough people to do a private reception at the Baja Norte (by the pool). But, I guess we really won't know for a while since they don't contact you until 2 months before the wedding.

Happy Planning!

#3 Jessica1805

Jessica1805
      • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 10:26 AM

We are getting married May 10th ... How crazy, we will be there at the same time!!! I'm looking into a private reception because we are having between 40-50 ppl. The semi private reception doesn't have everything I'm looking for... I really want to be able to dance with my wedding guests in private lol

#4 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
        • 116 posts

Posted 16 July 2012 - 12:49 PM

How cool! Have any of your guests booked yet? We are just now getting the info out to everyone via save the dates and email regarding booking with our TA. PM me your email address and I will send you what another girl sent to me re: all the reception venues with a breakdown/description. It was really helpful! I'm hoping for Baja Norte for ours. Based on everything I've read that is my first choice.

#5 Jessica1805

Jessica1805
          • 6 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 08:36 AM

Hey...

That would be great if you could email me some of that reception info.. My email is Qtjess1805@hotmail.com.. The hotel is soo confusing and not being able to talk to the wedding planner sucks lol... We thinking about the Baja Norte as well. Do you know if you need to try and book that area before the 2month marker to make sure you can get that area? Does the information you have show the break down of food prices and do you know if anything is included or do you have to pay per plate?  Sorry so many questions. lol

We have a few people that have booked but we just sending out save the date in about 2 weeks, I just ordered them!!!

Thank you!!!

#6 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
            • 116 posts

Posted 17 July 2012 - 01:19 PM

Yes, the information sheets pretty much have all the detail, I will email them for you. I think you really can't reserve until they know how many people you will have and what other weddings are that day (Just my guess).

So where did you order your save the dates from? I want to do the boarding passes, but the DIY seems a little intense and they are expensive other wise!

#7 Jessica1805

Jessica1805
              • 6 posts

Posted 18 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

Thanks for the email!!! I ordered my save the dates from wedding paper divas! We had our engagement pictures taken last April in the riveria maya and I wanted to use pictures on my save the dates!! Very simple to design and pretty good prices!

#8 JayKay

JayKay
                • 3,472 posts
                • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
                • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
                • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 July 2012 - 02:08 PM

Welcome! Happy wedding planning!

#9 ojosverdes1721

ojosverdes1721
                • 2 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 03:24 PM

Anyone getting married April 27th, 2013 at Riu Palace Cabo. I've seen other brides on here share wedding canopies/chuppahs for beach ceremonies. (I think the arch that the resort provides isn't so nice.) Anyway, our ceremony is at 4 pm. If you are interested, I'd love to here from you!

#10 iliketea

iliketea
                  • 27 posts

Posted 07 August 2012 - 03:56 PM

Ohh I just confirmed for Riu Palace for November 22, 2013! Very exciting. Does anyone have emails for price sheets and etc for the packages? I want a private reception as well, but it looks like we'll only have about 20-30 people :( Wonder what options I have.

Any advice would be awesome!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users