Riu Palace - Baja Norte

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Jess4219

Jess4219
  • 24 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:15 AM

Question Ladies,

Is an open bar necessary at the baja norte? Isn't there a bar near by? I think I read that somewhere.

Thanks

#2 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
    • 116 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Hey! I am considering the exact same thing! When are you getting married? Ours is May 11, 2013. From what I've read, it's not worth the $$ since there is an open bar a few steps away and if you tip the waiters enough they will even run the drinks for you.

#3 Jess4219

Jess4219
      • 24 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:13 AM

My wedding is in 20 days, I'm having the reception at the baja norte, without the private menu. I want to know if anyone knows what time the pool bar closes; we want to cut cost and not pay $500 for an open bar.

Thanks.

#4 Arla

Arla
        • 10 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 11:55 AM

thanks for the info!

#5 ReyDar64

ReyDar64
          • 24 posts

Posted 25 July 2012 - 04:55 AM

Jess4219: What kind of menu are you opting for? How much is the Baja Norte and food costing you? 

#6 mishele81

mishele81
            • 202 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 05:02 AM

I'm pretty sure you have to have the private menu if you are eating at the baja norte, it's not considered a semi private spot.

Riu Palace Cabo San Lucas - April 17, 2012 - 52 booked

#7 Jess4219

Jess4219
              • 24 posts

Posted 26 July 2012 - 08:24 PM

Hello Ladies & Gentleman

I'm  packing and getting ready to leave in 2 days. My fiance and I were vacationing in cabo this exact week last year 2011 and little did I know I would return in a year to get married there. LOL, wow life is crazy. We know exactly what type of weather to expect; HOT & HUMID!! This is why I opted for two dressed: a formal lace for ceremony and a fun strapless short one to get down on the dance floor. I am packing, linens, table runners, starfish, welcome bags, menus, ribbon wands, sashes, etc. I have 35 guest and my wedding coordinator is Kylene, she has been great replying to all of my questions thru email. We're not having a private menu but I am having my reception at the Baja Norte. I'm taking a different approach and will tell you all about it once I get back. Wish me luck.

Asta pronto,

Jess4219

#8 Houstonnlh

Houstonnlh
                • 116 posts

Posted 27 July 2012 - 08:35 AM

OMG! How exciting! Good luck and congrats. We will be waiting to hear all about it when you get back!

#9 Aynat

Aynat
                  • 199 posts

Posted 10 October 2012 - 12:06 PM

ReyDar64! Your wedding is coming up. So exciting! Post pics please :)

#10 Erin1221

Erin1221
                    • 10 posts

Posted 14 November 2012 - 06:08 PM

Hi Ladies, I am getting married at the Baja Norte Nov.2013, if anyone could post pics that would be amazing! I am going to the resort next week for a vacay and a scoping out of the resort, I have been there before but never really took note of it for a wedding. I will post some pics when I get home.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users