Please help me choose--Valentin Imperial Maya or Royal Playa del Carmen

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 safety75

• 287 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

I'm stressing over picking a resort for our wedding! My fiance wants adults-only so that limits our choices. We also want someplace reasonably priced b/c some of our guests that want to attend are financially strapped.  I had looked at Secrets, Ed Dorado, Iberostar and The Valentin and Royal Playa del Carmen seem to me the most cost-friendly.

Does anyone have any experience with either of these?  I know the Valentin is available for my date (June 2013) and I am waiting to hear back from Royal. One thing I don't like about Valentin is they require a $1,000 non-refundable deposit, which I think is high.  But the reviews I've read are great.  I also want a place that isn't going to be couples only and is going to have some social life as some of my friends are single. 

I appreciate any help, I feel so overwhelmed!! Other suggestions are welcome! How did you go about choosing YOUR resort?  did you work with a travel agent? Thank you!!! my wedding date is June 24, 2013 :-)

#2 georgiasl

• 54 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 11:26 AM

I have been on vacation to both resorts and I personally liked the Royal Playa del Carmen better. I was actually planning to get married there but once I saw all of the legal hoops you have to jump through to have a wedding in Mexico I decided on Jamaica. The food, drinks and service are awesome at the royal and the location is awesome because you can just walk down 5th ave at night and there is so much to do. Tripadvisor is a great resource for general reviews and pictures. :-) HTH

#3 Moments That Matter

Moments That Matter

Diamond Vendor

• Insiders
      • 3,068 posts

Posted 22 August 2012 - 09:14 AM

Congrats safety75, and no worries.....either pick will be amazing as you can see from these wedding "moments that matter" we captured there recently......

Royal Playa del Carmen.........(see rest of album at this link)

Valentin Resort ........(rest of album at this link) 

All the best with your decisions + planning process, and relax + enjoy.........you'll do great :)

Moments That Matter Photography , Cancun, Playa del Carmen, Mexico

Canadian Award Winning Photojournalist serving the Riviera Maya

Email: contact@momentsthatmatterphotography.com

Why we're Ranked #1 ~ Scoop on what we do:  MTM Reviews

Meet Lincoln & Team MTM: "Meet Lincoln" Video + see his Passion!!!

We Offer: 100% Vendor Fee Discount
                            100% Deposit Guarantee

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users