Photo

DIY boarding pass invites

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 FIFAbride

FIFAbride
  • 97 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:49 PM

I also posted these in the invitation forum.  They are DIY, my fiance and I did it all with the exception of printing.  So far the response is that everyone loves them.  Most people have asked where we found ticket stock...hee hee.  Their faces were priceless when we told them that we made it look like that.

Here is the monogram we created.  We printed it on stickers and put it on the out side of our ticket holder.

monogramdark.PNG

IMG_3262.JPG

This is the inside of our ticket holder

IMG_3264 - Copy.JPG

The front of our invites.  Each one is individualized for the invitee under Passenger Receipt and perforated

IMG_3257 - Copy.JPG

The back of the invite.  The stamp in the middle is what a real passport stamp from Tahiti looks like.  Thought it was a nice touch since that is where we are getting married.

IMG_3258.JPG

#2 olive0y1

olive0y1
    • 202 posts

Posted 09 October 2012 - 09:11 AM

Originally Posted by FIFAbride 

I also posted these in the invitation forum.  They are DIY, my fiance and I did it all with the exception of printing.  So far the response is that everyone loves them.  Most people have asked where we found ticket stock...hee hee.  Their faces were priceless when we told them that we made it look like that.

Here is the monogram we created.  We printed it on stickers and put it on the out side of our ticket holder.

monogramdark.PNG

IMG_3262.JPG

This is the inside of our ticket holder

IMG_3264 - Copy.JPG

The front of our invites.  Each one is individualized for the invitee under Passenger Receipt and perforated

IMG_3257 - Copy.JPG

The back of the invite.  The stamp in the middle is what a real passport stamp from Tahiti looks like.  Thought it was a nice touch since that is where we are getting married.

IMG_3258.JPG

These look great!

#3 angelnjewels

angelnjewels
      • 220 posts

Posted 13 October 2012 - 06:01 PM

I love these are cute! Did you use a website to get the template for the boarding pass invites?

Can't wait to marry my best friend and love of my life...

#4 Dvhtu

Dvhtu
        • 153 posts

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:57 AM

Where do you get them printed out? Can you do that at Staples?

#5 dwbride2014

dwbride2014
          • 40 posts
          • Wedding Date:May 2, 2014
          • Wedding Location:Playacar Palace
          • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 16 October 2012 - 03:57 PM

This is exactly what I had in mind! You did an amazing job!!

Did I read this correctly, that you cut the paper stock to look like the boarding pass? What type of paper did you use and how did you get the cuts to be so precise? I am so impressed!

#6 missde09

missde09
          • 80 posts

Posted 18 October 2012 - 11:40 AM

Love this whole idea! I have been fiddling around with a DIY boarding pass template that I got from this blog: http://sosnweddingde...invitation.html

Here is what they look like so far:

We are having an AHR so the wording of the invitations has been the hardest! Let me know what you ladies think and if you have any ideas on how to make it less confusing for people.

Thanks!

#7 Arch713

Arch713
            • 161 posts

Posted 19 October 2012 - 01:18 PM

I love the boarding pass invites! Overall, how much time was spent making these? I am debating between having them done vs. DIY - but want to know how much time I am getting myself into.

Thanks for sharing!

#8 olive0y1

olive0y1
              • 202 posts

Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:41 PM

Originally Posted by missde09 

Love this whole idea! I have been fiddling around with a DIY boarding pass template that I got from this blog: http://sosnweddingde...invitation.html

Here is what they look like so far:

We are having an AHR so the wording of the invitations has been the hardest! Let me know what you ladies think and if you have any ideas on how to make it less confusing for people.

Thanks!

OoO :D

#9 missde09

missde09
                • 80 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:02 AM

After downloading the template it took me a few hours to get it how I would like it to look. I still have to make the RSVP's, but all in all it was not that long. I am going to have my BM's help me cut everything and put the invitation packets all together. So, that should only take about a day as well. I am borrowing craft tools from friends and family and that is saving me a lot of money. All in all, I will be able to do around 120 invites and response cards for under $100 plus postage.

#10 blondi1029

blondi1029
                  • 152 posts

Posted 02 February 2013 - 02:52 PM

How did you print the stickers?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users