Photo

Boutonniere with short sleeve shirt?

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 moonsprite02

moonsprite02
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Should my groom wear a boutonniere if he's wearing a short sleeve shirt with no jacket? Now that I actually thought about it, all the pics I've seen, the grooms are wearing in on their suit jackets?

#2 Lizrmt

Lizrmt
    • 173 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 03:57 PM

That depends on if he wants to wear one or not. My FI refuses (says flowers are for girls) he can be sooooo dumb sometimes, he drives me crazy!!!! Go to google images and type in destination weddings, and there are tons of pics of guys in short sleeves wearing bouts. So if you can convince him to wear one then I say go for it!

#3 Jass7

Jass7
      • 187 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by moonsprite02 

Should my groom wear a boutonniere if he's wearing a short sleeve shirt with no jacket? Now that I actually thought about it, all the pics I've seen, the grooms are wearing in on their suit jackets?

I think a boutonnaire on short sleeve shirt is fine. What color shirt and pants is he wearing?

#4 LTLFAITHY

LTLFAITHY
        • 180 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:09 PM

My FI and his groomsmen are going to be in white button up shirts and we just don't LOVE the way the boutonniere looks without the jacket ~ we just kind of felt like there wasn't really a "natural" place for it the way there is with a suit jacket.

BUT, if you two decide that you like the way it looks, then by all means have them wear one!! I've absolutely seen it both ways :)

~Now Sapphire Riviera Cancun~

54 Booked + The Bride & Groom!

#5 MJKH

MJKH
          • Site Supporter
          • 654 posts

Posted 13 July 2012 - 03:38 PM

My now-husband wore one on his linen shirt...granted it was long sleeved...but I wish we would have scrapped the idea of getting him a bout. After the first couple of hugs, it looked like crap...and the darn thing was flippin' and floppin' all over the place...we had to keep straightening it out for the pics. Ughh...it was a pain.

Originally Posted by moonsprite02 

#6 JayKay

JayKay
            • 3,472 posts
            • Wedding Date:January 13, 2012
            • Wedding Location:Gran Bahia Principe Runaway Bay Jamaica
            • LocationSouthern Alberta

Posted 19 July 2012 - 01:53 PM

My husband wore a bout on his short sleeve shirt.  Looking back I wish we would have not had any.  I'm not a fan of them but I suppose they were okay.Here is a picture.

#7 Jamaica2013

Jamaica2013
            • 20 posts

Posted 21 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

This is a great question. Initially we were considering tan linen jackets/pants for our groomsmen but we thought about the warm temps and think it may be best to just consider short sleeve shirts for the men.  The quote I received for flowers is quite pricey so not doing the boutonniere may be a win win situation.

#8 acireta

acireta
              • Site Supporter
              • 750 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:09 AM

my husband and his groomsmen wore bouts with short-sleeves and long-sleeves rolled-up. I guess it's all personal preference and what you think looks right! :-)

Erica & Al - April 3, 2012 - St. Thomas, USVI

Planning Thread

Wedding & AHR Pics

#9 moonsprite02

moonsprite02
                • 43 posts

Posted 23 July 2012 - 06:29 AM

Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond and add your photos. I'm still on the fence about this, but it's nice to hear everyone's opinions. Thanks ladies!

#10 LAtravelgirl

LAtravelgirl
                  • 163 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 12:40 PM

Thanks for the discussion. I hadn't thought about it. My FI will be wearing a short-sleeved shirt and now I am worried how it will look. Bout is included in the resort wedding package, so maybe I will wait to see what it looks like and then decide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users