Sarah

VIP Member

• VIP Member
  • 6,996 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:07 PM

Quote:
    Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
    Yeah hehe. That's why I am glad I am not a mod

Thanks for the recommendation to turn of sigs. To be honest, I work for myself, but I hate to have the people in my office see my slacking off. It's not like I am going to get fired for screwing around or anything. Just trying to set a good example (even though I am clearly not )
    I totally forgot that you can turn off sigs! I think that's the best solution.

Go to User CP, then Options, and then there's a box where you can uncheck to hide signatures. I think that would be the best option for those that don't like to see all the sig stuff as much as others.

i personally think that's the best solution, because I really really really don't want to spend my time as a moderator b*tching at people because of their cute pics- we have a lot of other stuff we could be doing like kicking off spammers etc.

#12 LCBride2007

LCBride2007

VIP Member

• VIP Member
    • 24,768 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

they could just be general guidelines as opposed to actual rules. i've never really paid much attention to siggy sizes, mine or anyone elses, but if there were general guidelines I'd do my best to adhere to those.

#13 TammyB

TammyB
      • 10,630 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 05:49 PM

Is there a way to set the system to no allow a certain size picture? Like maybe it comes up as invalid or something. I never have to change my avatar pic size it just fits in that area and sizes it down. So couldn't something like that be done with the sigs as well

I love seeing pictures, yes sometimes they are a little large, but like Sarah I want to encourage people to post pictures. But with all that said I belong to another board and it's pretty well maintained for the most part and they have size limits on there sigs as well

#14 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:06 PM

I like to look at the sigs of those who are more crafty. I barely can figure out how to upload one picture and I just added the ticker.
          Michelle

#15 NABUMBAH

NABUMBAH
          • VIP Member
          • 931 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 06:19 PM

Guidelines would be a GREAT start. Nice suggestion.

#16 dragonfly

dragonfly
            • 1,820 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by NABUMBAH
              Bigger isn't ALWAYS better
              I beg to differ, hehe

#17 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
              • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 06:41 PM

I'm pretty good on the computer, but I can not figure out how to make my siggy pic smaller on photobucket. When i click resize & say smaller it doesn't change. But I do try to keep it small. I've seen people struggle with posting a siggy & once they get it up they think it's too big but don't know how to change it. So if someone wrote up steps for resizing, I think more people would opt for a smaller siggy anyway.

I haven't thought about turning off the siggys, but I probably will at work too. Even when i'm eating lunch, I'd prefer my coworkers not notice how much time I spend on the forum.

#18 Christine

Christine
                • VIP Member
                • 21,514 posts
                • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:09 PM

Morgan, in photobucket you need to go into the picture (so if you are looking at multiple photos on your main page, click on the photo that you want to edit) then click on the resize link which is just above the picture on the top left, it gives you a few options, however if your photo is already small it won't let you resize it. It should change in size once you click the size you want (it takes a second and reloads the page), oh and it pops up a little tool tip to ask you "are you sure you want to resize this photo" click "yes" and then use the img code to post it here.
                Does that help at all?
                Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

#19 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
                • 18,759 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:28 PM

It worked. That's what i've done in the past & it never worked. Weird. I'm on a new computer now so maybe that's the difference. Thanks!

I don't think suggesting that people resize to something like a 320 x 240 should be a big deal. I think it's a nice size for siggy pics. I always try to keep mine around that size. I've just had problem with it either being really small or huge. No in between. So I opt for small, but I'm glad to know how to make it the right size now.

#20 Christine

Christine
                  • VIP Member
                  • 21,514 posts
                  • Wedding Date:July 20, 2007
                  • Wedding Location:Napa, California
                  • LocationReno, NV

Posted 29 September 2007 - 07:34 PM

glad it worked for you!
                  Christine + Will (married 7/20/07) + Ainsleigh (born 6/25/08) + Nolan (born 11/9/10) + Delaney (born 12/31/13) = One Very Happy Family!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users