Photo

Invitation Help!!

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Kristin113

Kristin113
  • 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:24 PM

I am almost finished with my invitations, but I can't decide how to word the travel information card. I have a seperate card going in with the invitation (same size as a RSVP) and right now this is what it says:

For more information on our wedding please feel free to call us at (Our Phone Number) or for travel information please call (Travel Agent Name & Number)

Of the 50 invitations I am sending out, only about 10-15 families probably don't know we are having a destination wedding, which is why I wanted to give people our phone number in case they had any questions. Now I am re-thinking the whole card. I just don't think that it sounds right. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

#2 IrieBride08

IrieBride08
    • 716 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:27 PM

Do you have a wedding website? If so, you could put the extra information there and refer your guests to the site. (Do you really want to be fielding phone calls repeating the same info over and over?) Just a thought!

#3 boscobel

boscobel
      • VIP Member
      • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:29 PM

I agree wtih Gionne. I wouldn't want to be fielding phone calls. Perhaps if you were to post your whole invitation and wording, we might be able to make suggestions. I just referenced my wedding website on the STD and also said you can book with xxx. It also said on the STD that Jamaica was the location...

#4 beachbride08

beachbride08
        • VIP Member
        • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:32 PM

I am putting something similar with our STDs. We said for travel arrangements contact Travel Agent and listed her contact info. For more wedding information check out our website. It sounds better the way I have it written up, but I'm at work and don't have it with me. I think it sounds fine to put your phone number if you don't have a website.
          Michelle

#5 Kristin113

Kristin113
          • 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:34 PM

I don't have a wedding website and just thought that it's really only a few people that don't know that it is a destination wedding, so I really wasn't worried about getting so many annoying phone calls. I'm just not sure if it even sounds right.

#6 Kristin113

Kristin113
            • 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:40 PM

Here is our entire invitation & keep in mind this is not a STD.

Invitation:

You are cordially invited to attend the beachside wedding ceremony uniting Kristin ___ & Anthony ___ on Thursday the twenty fourth of July two thousand eight at six o'clock in the evening
              Bucuti Beach Resort
              Aruba
              Reception to follow

RSVP:

We look foward to seeing you in aruba...
              Please respond by "Date"
              M__________
              _____ Wouldn't miss it! Number attending_____
              _____ Not able to make it, but we'll be thinking of you

Travel Card:

For more information on our wedding please feel free to call us at (Our Phone Number) or for travel information please call (Travel Agent Name & Number)

#7 boscobel

boscobel
              • VIP Member
              • 24,213 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:47 PM

Seeing the whole thing, I thnk that sounds perfect. I don't think it's necessary to have your number, listing the TA's is enough, but I think that is a personal choice.

#8 beachbride08

beachbride08
                • VIP Member
                • 2,372 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 01:49 PM

May be do something like this for the travel card:

For travel arrangements please contact our travel agent:

Travel Agent Name
                  Contact Info

If you have questions regarding wedding details please feel free to call us at [Your #].
                  Michelle

#9 Can'tHardlyWait

Can'tHardlyWait
                  • 812 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:05 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by beachbride08
                    May be do something like this for the travel card:

For travel arrangements please contact our travel agent:

Travel Agent Name
                    Contact Info

If you have questions regarding wedding details please feel free to call us at [Your #].
                    I like this better. It gives the impression that they should call the TA first, you second.

#10 Kristin113

Kristin113
                    • 72 posts

Posted 28 September 2007 - 02:34 PM

Quote:
                      Originally Posted by Galit
                      I like this better. It gives the impression that they should call the TA first, you second.
                      Thanks guys...I am going to go with this one. It sounds better. :o)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users