Photo

Arrrgh! Going NUTS Over Photography!

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#21 BillysBride

BillysBride
  • 1,255 posts

Posted 02 October 2007 - 10:12 PM

Per Claudia, they are working on new packages currently. She is going to get me current rates and package info as soon as they are finalized.

I'm in her book so our date is reserved. Yippeeee!!
    Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
    http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#22 BeachBride82

BeachBride82
    • 51 posts

Posted 03 October 2007 - 01:18 PM

I have booked Claudia for my May/08 wedding. A good question to ask her when booking is if she will be the photographer available for the date, or if she is going to send out one of her assistants. She is sending out one of her assistants to photograph my wedding (I had really hoped for Claudia, but after being reassured that her assistant has several years experience, I am comfortable using her assistant). You can check out her assistants photo samples/blogs on her website as well. The assistant that she has designated to us seems like she will do an excellent job.

I am content with their pricing. We are booking her for 3 hours. We also asked for the opportunity to book her assistant for an extra hour, just in case we run out of time and still need some more photographs. She quoted us $300US for the extra hour.

It was really simple to get my date guaranteed - I paid $100US via paypals and received a receipt immediately.

Erin.

#23 BillysBride

BillysBride
      • 1,255 posts

Posted 04 October 2007 - 07:40 PM

Quote:
        Originally Posted by BeachBride82
        I have booked Claudia for my May/08 wedding. A good question to ask her when booking is if she will be the photographer available for the date, or if she is going to send out one of her assistants. She is sending out one of her assistants to photograph my wedding (I had really hoped for Claudia, but after being reassured that her assistant has several years experience, I am comfortable using her assistant). You can check out her assistants photo samples/blogs on her website as well. The assistant that she has designated to us seems like she will do an excellent job.

I am content with their pricing. We are booking her for 3 hours. We also asked for the opportunity to book her assistant for an extra hour, just in case we run out of time and still need some more photographs. She quoted us $300US for the extra hour.

It was really simple to get my date guaranteed - I paid $100US via paypals and received a receipt immediately.

Erin.

Ya, she has me down in her book for my date. She said they are working on updating package prices so she would send me a definite list for us to decide which we want to go with in a bit.

If she can't shoot the wedding herself, I'm fine with either Erick or Citlalli. They both do incredible work, so I'm a happy camper either way.
        Savannah

http://i17.photobuck....inecollage.jpgThe Fab Four (my quads) Meryn, Kellen, Nico & Layla
        http://global.thekno...rs/tt265ad.aspxhttp://www.mywedding...nnah/index.html20 STD's w. pre-lim RSVP sent 6/15/09: 7 "Yes" so far/10 guests total!

#24 rodent

rodent

VIP Member

• VIP Member
        • 18,759 posts

Posted 03 November 2007 - 12:51 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by BillysBride
          Ya, she has me down in her book for my date. She said they are working on updating package prices so she would send me a definite list for us to decide which we want to go with in a bit.

If she can't shoot the wedding herself, I'm fine with either Erick or Citlalli. They both do incredible work, so I'm a happy camper either way.
          Did you find out who you will have? I hired Erick. I think their prices are less than claudia's. I could be wrong about that, but I thought she charged more. Erick & Citalli have a similar style. They went to the same school & are married. After seeing Susan's wonderful picture taken by Citalli, I'm really glad I went with one of them. I'm paying $1,050 for 2 1/2 hours with all my pictures on a CD. I didn't care to have prints. I always get great deals on snapfish & shutterfly, so I can just order all my prints myself.

I'm really happy with the price & quality of their photography. I've also heard they are both really great to work with. Claudia has also been wonderful to communicate with by email.

#25 LeXiee

LeXiee
          • 286 posts

Posted 04 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

Anyone know of any local Photographers in Punta Cana, DR?

#26 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
            • 1,565 posts

Posted 07 January 2008 - 01:33 AM

hey BILLYBRIDE.. have you considered going to the photography schools in yoru area and checking out the bulletin boards or perhaps look at craigslist.org and select your specific area and look under "events". you can find lots of talented photographers who have a good eye and are willing to expand their portfolios to include a destination wedding. i will bet you that you can find a great photographer who will do it just for the cost of the trip. i hope you are able to find a good photographer for your wedding. just a word of warning though.. you should find one that has atleast a couple weddings under their belt already. best of luck

#27 kate12

kate12
              • 6 posts

Posted 09 January 2008 - 09:28 PM

hi,

One of my best friend got married in Punta Cana last year and her pictures are stunning. It is a company based in Punta ( they are from europe ) but they also do other destinations. I've checked the prices and they have a 2 hours package for 1300 US$ so with the trip you should be around your budget and they are really good. You should get in contact with them. the website is Photosouvenir Punta Cana, Wedding Photographer Dominican Republic. Good luck and hope it helps.

Kate

#28 jean-marcus

jean-marcus
                • 1,565 posts

Posted 10 January 2008 - 01:26 AM

holy moly 1300 for TWO hours? does that include an ounce of gold? haha

#29 Aaron the Photographer :)

Aaron the Photographer :)
                  • 64 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 03:27 PM

Edited.. Please see vendor rules

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users