16 replies to this topic

#1 jello

jello
  • 128 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:26 AM

Hi ladies,

So I bought this Camille la Vie dress a little while ago:

d3e7765c_camillelaviegrecian_me.jpeg

but now I am having serious doubts.  With the beading and the flowy A-line skirt, it just looks a little too "princessy" for my tastes, and I'm thinking I'd prefer something more sleek.  When I went dress shopping, I've also really loved the look of the trumpet or fit-and-flare silhouettes.  I am thinking of having the following dress custom-made by Jasmine's Bridal Shop:

bodice: Tara Keely 2205, skirt: Nicole Miller Eo009

modified TK2205 front.jpg

It will cost me about $350 to have it made, and I can of course sell my current dress (though the price tag is not really an issue since my current dress was only $400).  What do you think — should I keep my current dress, or get the new custom dress made?

#2 Ploman

Ploman
    • 425 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:29 AM

I think your first dress is really lovely. It looks like it flows really well, and doesn't strike me as a 'princess' dress at all. I would save the headache of dealing with an overseas maker, and stick with the one you have. I think it is much more unique than the other option too (but they are both nice). 

Iberostar Rose Hall Beach, Montego Bay

91 guests and counting....

#3 principessa

principessa
      • 219 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:06 AM

I LOVE the dress you have now on you..you honestly look fantastic.  In the end it all comes down to what you truly want.  After all, it is your special day. So go with where your heart takes you.  But you truly lovely in the dress you have now :)

#4 pacificgirl

pacificgirl
        • 92 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:47 AM

My jaw just about dropped when I saw your current dress. It is GORGEOUS! I wouldn't aim for "princess" so much as "goddess" though. You look incredible in that gown and honestly, I can't imagine why you are second guessing it!

However, I have also been in your position and wound up with a different dress than I originally wanted as well. As principessa said, it all comes down to what you want and what makes you happy. If that dress is truly what you want, then you need to go with your heart. However, from an outside opinion, the dress you have now is breathtaking and looks amazing on you. 

#5 2bmrstremblay

2bmrstremblay
          • 155 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by pacificgirl 

My jaw just about dropped when I saw your current dress. It is GORGEOUS! I wouldn't aim for "princess" so much as "goddess" though. You look incredible in that gown and honestly, I can't imagine why you are second guessing it!

However, I have also been in your position and wound up with a different dress than I originally wanted as well. As principessa said, it all comes down to what you want and what makes you happy. If that dress is truly what you want, then you need to go with your heart. However, from an outside opinion, the dress you have now is breathtaking and looks amazing on you. 

I agree that it looks less princess and more goddess! But again of course what makes you happy is the right choice. I think the first dress makes your waist look absolutely tiny...which is never a bad thing right!

#6 jello

jello
            • 128 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:09 AM

Thanks for all the positive comments about my current dress!  That makes me feel a lot better about my original choice.  However, I still can't get the trumpet silhouette out of my mind... it just looks so sleek and glamorous.  Sigh. 

#7 moonsprite02

moonsprite02
              • 43 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 11:30 AM

I also love your current dress!! I especially love the beading around the neckline. You wouldn't even need any jewelry. The dress definitely makes a statement. But if comes down to what you want. I think you look fabulous!

#8 KLPhoto

KLPhoto
                • Vendor
                • 97 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

i love your first dress! have you considered changing into a trumpet style dress or are you having an at home reception where you can wear one_ either way you cant go wrong, the first one looks like you will be extremely comfortable and you should consider doing a trash the dress!

#9 philanab

philanab
                  • 178 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:08 PM

I'm with everybody else, I love the dress you already have. The beading is going to look beautiful and sparkle in the sun!

#10 georgiasl

georgiasl
                    • 54 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 04:28 PM

I like the first dress better it is unique and fits your body well. In the end its your day and you should wear the dress you like best.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users