• Please log in to reply
42 replies to this topic

#21 KACENGG

KACENGG
  • VIP Member
  • 106 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 01:50 PM

Tammy (host),

You mentioned that you had your own officiant.....just curious if you brought him from home with you or not? I would love to bring one from Canada but did not know what sort of legal requirements would have to be met.

Now that I am writing this, I realize that I think you had a symbolic ceremony but it would still help me out if you could shed any light on this topic.
    Kim & Erik
    November 9, 2007
    RIU Palace
    Cabo San Lucas, Mexico

#22 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
    • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:39 PM

crap!!! I have him booked for mine?? Has anyone else had Rev. parsons and had issues with him??

#23 Nrvsbride

Nrvsbride
      • 5,248 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:42 PM

Natalie I love the siggy!

-Glenda

#24 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
        • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:48 PM

Quote:
          Originally Posted by Nrvsbride
          Natalie I love the siggy!

-Glenda
          thanks yours too. I have just been to lazy to do it in the past but everyone has such cute ones so I though I would post one.

#25 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
          • 231 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 03:58 PM

There is also another Minister in Los Cabos area, his name is Robin Clements, he is very nice you can email him to vidaspiritual@hotmail.com or robin@bajawellness.com he has his own cermony, but if you don´t like it he would work with you on another one. He has also worked as a Minister for the Ventanas Hotel. He is very nice person, always on time, and he usually likes to meet the brides before the wedding day.

#26 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
            • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:04 PM

Quote:
              Originally Posted by Cabo Wedding Coordinator
              There is also another Minister in Los Cabos area, his name is Robin Clements, he is very nice you can email him to vidaspiritual@hotmail.com he has his own cermony, but if you don´t like it he would work with you on another one. He has also worked as a Minister for the Ventanas Hotel. He is very nice person, always on time, and he usually likes to meet the brides before the wedding day.
              thanks for the info!

#27 Cabo Wedding Coordinator

Cabo Wedding Coordinator
              • 231 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:11 PM

I just added his other email address, on my post.
                I hope this will help!

#28 Jessalyn

Jessalyn
                • 1,876 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 04:57 PM

Quote:
                  Originally Posted by LUVEDALWAYSI
                  Ok so I got married on Saturday January 13. I plan on writing a review about the whole thing I promise! But one thing I had to say sooner than later was what happened with our ORIGINAL minister. We booked Scott Parsons months ago and have had plenty of contact with him since over the phone and on the internet. We had sent him the ceremony that we had written a week before we left for Cabo so he was well aware of the time and day of our wedding. Our wedding planner (Tara from Sunset Weddings wonderful by the way!) had been trying to get ahold of him for a few days and heard nothing. The wedding day rolls around and he is nowhere in sight. He never showed. So we had to find a new minister within an hour who turned out to be absolutly fantastic!!! But because of him, our wedding didn't start on time and we had to push it back almost two hours. We had to pay all the catering staff overtime hours which added up to alot!!!! The mariachis could only stay an hour because of another engagement, so my husband and I totally missed them completely because we had to take pictures before the sun went down, which we also didnt want to do because we didnt want to see eachother before the wedding but we had no choice. Two days later on Monday a letter is dropped off at the hotel by Scott Parsons basically apologizing and saying that he had a high fever and was delerious and thought our wedding was on Sunday instead of Saturday. But he never did show up on Sunday for the wedding that he "thought" was that day, and we could not get ahold of him for days before the wedding either. He was not in the hospital or anything either. So pretty much...he forgot. I love all you girl and hope that you love your wedding as much as I loved mine (even with this), and I would never want this to happen to anyone else. If you want my advice, DONT BOOK HIM, and if you already have booked him CANCEL!!! Thank god there was another minister who was able to get there in time or even at all! Please take my adivce I don't want anyone else to go through this.

Danielle Incontro
                  Thanks for the head's up!!

That is horrible!!

Now I must decide what I'm going to do, since I've already booked him....hmm..
                  My new man....Donovan

Wedding photos and avatar by Jonathan Thrasher Photography - www.jthrasherphoto.com
                  Our wedding slide show www.jthrasherphoto.com/slideshows/jessalynhttp://tickers.Ticke....k/27c1/age.png

#29 Natalie Z

Natalie Z
                  • 1,430 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 05:22 PM

Quote:
                    Originally Posted by CABOBRIDE200
                    Thanks for the head's up!!

That is horrible!!

Now I must decide what I'm going to do, since I've already booked him....hmm..
                    Me too Jessalyn!! What do you think? He seemed so on top of everything when I talked with him??

#30 KARLA

KARLA
                    • 373 posts

Posted 22 January 2007 - 06:25 PM

Weird, it's almost like we're not talking about the same person....

He was the minister that officiated our ceremony. We had absolutely no problems with him.

The one thing that did bother me was that he never responded to my e-mails. I had to copy my wedding planner to the e-mail to make sure he got them. They both explained to me that he just didn't like e-mails.... but you guys said that he's responsive to your e-mails....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users