Turks 2013

HI Dani HI Kim, 

Had a bummer last week so haven't did any planning had two people very close to me pass away so been trying to deal with that.  Needed  to get my mind off things so popped in on site.  I see you girls have been busy dress shopping.  

Kim, 

great dress choices I really love the bottom on this one http://jlsprinkelbug.files.wordpress.com/2011/09/cabodress.png.. did you decide against the one you purchased on BHLDN?  They are all beautiful.

Dani,  awesome that you found the one and you got that feeling that they say you get when you try it on and you know it's the one?  I always wondered if it were true You look amazing.   Not a dork at all it is supposed to be a suprise for him to see you on that day so you take his breath away.  I think it would be great idea to get certified here first I believe it's a lot cheaper than doing on island ..

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyre:

So Sorry about your losses. That really stinks. I will keep you and your family in my prayers.

Yes, it is true. I went looking with a specific dress in mind (not the one I got) and when I tried it on and tried on other dresses it just felt like I was trying on dresses even with the veils. Let alone I never knew how heavy those dresses really are. Then I tried on this dress which was much lighter and not so heavy and when I looked in the mirror, even though it wasn't a dress I was originally interested in, it look beautiful. Then she put the veil on and I looked in the mirror and I thought OMG I look like a bride, I am getting married" and I felt like I could see myself wearing that dress all night. It was me. I didn't decide to get it at that moment I tried on others that were runners up and then tried that dress on again and when I put it again I knew this is the dress. So that saying is true. You do know I always wondered if you did and I even though while trying on others that this wasn't working for me. But in that dress when I looked in the mirror I looked like a bride and so it became the one.

Now I love it and I feel like the pictures even on the site don't do that poor dress justice. As far as a dork, lol I wanted to show him so bad but I want him to see me and I want him to think how beautiful I look. I will say Sottero & Midgley carry alot of beautiful dresses. I am even not going to get another dress. I just want to stay in the dress all night and its so comfortable and light weight. I am very happy with it.

Oh no! Tyrebride, I am so sorry :(. I hope you feel better soon. 

I am returning the one from BHLDN. After looking at other dresses, I was able to find ones that I liked for the same price and for cheaper. It was absolutely beautiful though with the most exquisite lace detailing. But, I'm with Dani, I think I want a dress that makes me feel more like a bride! I also am not sure if I'm going to know if the dress is the one. I'm checking out one more place and then will try on my top choices again. I am pretty indecisive. 

Dani, this dress is absolutely beautiful on you! It's perfect for a beach wedding while still feeling bridal. I love the sweetheart neckline and the material. After trying on dresses, I'm finding that those dresses can be very hot and heavy. I'm also dying to show my fiance what I've tried on already. Its going to be really hard not to tell him all about it. 

Tyrebride, I'm excited to see what you end up with! 

Kim:

Thank you so much and beleive me you will find a dress that you feel a bride in. At first I didn't either and I just felt like "oh this dress is nice" or oh "wow I love this dress but Im not sure if I can move in it". One thing I definitely agree in is so many of those dresses are so darn heavy. It was ridiculous. I kept thinking how the hell am I going to be walking around in this dress and not be sweating terribly. So finally when I did put that dress it on, it was made of Chiffon and was so light compared to the others it was great. It's hard to see on me which is why I sent the Sottero link it has beautiful swarvorski crystals just in the right places and it wasn't too much but wasn't too plain. It was perfect and when you put the dress on and look in the mirror you're first though will be when you look at yourself "wow this is beautiful" then you might not be sure. A good place will put the dresses you like aside and make you try them back on again. Finally, at the end when I put that dress back on I felt excited. I wanted her to put the veil on again and it was it. Kim you will know believe me and if you don't feel like you love the dress and that you feel confident about how YOU look in it. Don't get it.

There are no carriers of Sottero & Midgley in Pennsyvlania. Well I think theres one L & H Bridal somewhere in the northeast. But what I did was I looked at Sottero's site first and I found all the dresses I loved (My favorite at the time was Landis by Sottero & Midgley) but after trying it on I didn't like the piece inside the dress I could see it bulked up in the chest area and I didn't like that, even though the dress is stunning. After you find the dresses you like you can call L & H Bridal or Kay's Bridal in Maple Shade, NJ. I went there to Maple Shade. I read reviews on them and some people were saying the lady was mean, and she wouldn't let you take photos in the dress, they didn't show the prices, the dress had no labels. I must say this was so not my experience. Every dress I tried on was Sottero & Midgley except one and I seen all the labels on the dress, she read the price from the label and as you can see she let me take a picture in the sample. But I think there also a shop in Cherry Hill. I will tell you this Kay's Bridal had a huge huge selection of dresses and you should definitely find something there. I do know this that I was told I came at the perfect time and that "we" (those getting married in May) really need to start picking out yoru dress because it takes quite a few months for the dress to even come in after ordered and thats before alterations.

Don't settle for something that you don't "feel like a bride in" When you look in the mirror you should feel like "This is it" I can see myself wearing this all night. Honestly, when I put that dress on I knew that I am not buying a second dress. I want to stay in that dress all night and just bustle the back lol

Also, DO NOT SHOW HIM THE DRESS YOU PICK lol. It's a killer. I have been dying to just show him. But you know what it will be worth it when he sees you and sees how beautiful and stunning you look because if you don't show him hes excited himself to see you. If he sees it, well you'll still look great and he'll love it but he has an idea of what to accept.

Oh and P.S. the Sottero site after you look at a dress you specifically like has a link on the right that says "Find A Store" click that link and put in PA and NJ and you should find PA retailers and South Jersey retailers since only certain stores are permitted to carry the line.