Photo

Turks 2013

• Please log in to reply
161 replies to this topic

#61 KIM02242012

KIM02242012
  • 58 posts

Posted 08 August 2012 - 01:37 PM

I'm using mywedding.com. I'm going dress shopping in a week and a half! My cousin is flying in so we're going together. I'm a bit more of a romantic/whimsical bride, so I love the looks by Watters and Bhldn. We're also checking out Nicole Miller. I think I'm leaning towards something with lace? Not quite sure yet.

#62 Danie

Danie
    • 57 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:27 AM

I've actually been looking at a dress sold by BHLDN but it's a reception dress. I have been pondering the thought of possibly getting changed after the wedding into a cute little white dress because I really want to spend most of my night dancing lol. I know it sounds crazy and I am not sure if I am going to do it yet but I am not sure if I really want to stay in my gown all night. I don't know I think it will come down to once I try on my actual dress if I feel like its comfortable enough for me to dance the night away in. If not this one dress is really cute that I like from them for the reception.

I also have seen this really beautiful lace dress that I liked by Oleg Cassani but I am not sure what's it is going to look like once I try it on. So when September comes we'll see. I can't believe we are getting married in 9 months it will be here before I know it.

#63 KIM02242012

KIM02242012
      • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 08:56 AM

I feel the same way about wanting to be able to dance! I think that's why I'm leaning towards something more casual. So, I caved in and just purchased a dress from BHLDN. It hasn't come in yet (I wanted it to be here when my cousin comes in). I  can return it within 30 days, which is nice. I've been obsessing over it, so I decided that I should at least try it on. 

http://www.bhldn.com...ses/luella-gown

If I get something a little more formal, I think a shorter, more casual dress is a great idea!!!! 

We also just hired a photog! I'm so excited! I can't believe its 9 months away! 

#64 KIM02242012

KIM02242012
        • 58 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 09:02 AM

ps...I've also been obsessing over a bunch of lace dresses too. I love how romantic it looks. I also found one by Vera Wang's White collection (At David's Bridal) that I liked, but it doesn't have a sweatheart neckline (which I think I want). Are you going to be looking for dresses in Philly area? 

#65 Danie

Danie
          • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:18 AM

Kim:

The dress I seen by Oleg Cassani was at David's Bridal. I am going there but to the one in NJ I think Cherry Hill in September. It is more of a formal dress but I think I want the formal dress for the picturs and then I am going to change after the first dance and dances with the parents. I am so excited too. Everytime I talk to the wedding planner or I plan an excusion i get more and more excited. I am thining of getting certified so that I can go diving while there as it is a dive island. I think I am going to change into a less formal dress after and party the night away in that but durng that time I want something cute and sexy for the reception dress.

#66 Danie

Danie
            • 57 posts

Posted 11 August 2012 - 10:28 AM

P.S. Kim i love the dress. Beautiful. that looks perfect and definitely looks like you will be able to dance the night away in it.

Attached Files

#67 Danie

Danie
              • 57 posts

Posted 17 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

So excited. Went dress shopping today and I found the dress. It's a sottero & midgley dress and is absolutely perfect. I felt like a bride. I can't wait till he sees me in it

#68 KIM02242012

KIM02242012
                • 58 posts

Posted 18 August 2012 - 04:52 PM

AHHHHH I'm so excited for you!!! What's it look like? I went dress shopping today! I'm down to 3 different dresses. Two are very much what I thought I would want. The other one is very different, but I really like it.

This isn't the exact picture but has a similar bottom (with a plainer top)

http://jlsprinkelbug...9/cabodress.png

And, these are other two that were more like what I thought:

http://www.nicolemil...231/p/3205.html

http://www.neimanmar...ci_kw={keyword}

Cant wait to hear about your dress!

#69 Danie

Danie
                  • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:37 AM

Hey Kim:

Originally, the dress I got was the Amber dress here is a pic of when I tried it on

Here is a link for the actual dress:

http://www.sotteroan...keywordType=All

I love it and cannot wait until it comes in

#70 Danie

Danie
                    • 57 posts

Posted 19 August 2012 - 09:41 AM

P.S.

I love all the dresses. I think dress #2 & #3 on your list are more plain than dress #1. but they all are beautiful dresses lol

When you try it on you will know. That dress wasn't even one of the ones I wanted but when I put it on and looked in the mirror it was me and i knew this was the dress. For the first time trying on the dresses I actually felt like a bride. I can't wait until it comes. I am dying to show him the dress but I want him to be suprised when he sees me so I haven't lol I'm a big dork

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users